• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ModNation Racers |OT| Loading, Moaning And Creating Vinyl Clothing

kharma45

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet or anyone doesn't know, the DLC code for Sackboy is the same for everyone so can be used basically unlimited times.

So for anyone who didn't get mailed it, here's the code: 85T6-EMB6-HLL8

I having been playing the demo, racing against my son and we are having a blast. He has also spent several hours building tracks. I am looking forward to my Amazon.ca order showing up sometime this week (I am too cheap to pay for faster shipping!).

I'm a big fan of "Play, Create, Share". Thought LBP was brillant, sunk countless hours into that game.

ModNation Races delivers exactly what I'd hoped. My family are all completely hooked and I have to tear the controller off my two kids just to get a look-in.

I used to love stuff like Racing Construction Kit and Shoot 'Em Up Construction Kit on the old Commodore C64. This game scratchs the same itch.

I will be amazed if it is a hit, but it would be nice if it has a similar dedicated community to LBP. The create side is deep enough to have some real diversity in tracks.

I expect similar game changing DLC like LBP had will arrive at some point. Not seen anything about altering the game gravity, which is something I loved to do in Racing Construction Kit. I could see Boats being added too.

My 8 year old Daughter's first track is up called Grand Prix Rabbit, user id NickLaslett. The track got it's name because the in map view it looked a bit like a rabbit, not intentionally.

Nyx

Made my first mod just now. :D

25ozzaq.jpg

jmd494

kharma45 said:
In case it hasn't been mentioned yet or anyone doesn't know, the DLC code for Sackboy is the same for everyone so can be used basically unlimited times.

Cool thanks.

hxa155

netguy503 said:
Really?

Ratchet looks like he has major rape face going on. I bet you could create a better one in game. Someone has already made a clank (though I think the offical costume is a "little" better)

However, yes, SONY and United Front love money. I have no worries that this will come out sometime down the line.

Everybody loves money. Besides, they're doing business not charity.

Nyx

NinjaFusion said:
Another track from me... BLUE SKY ALPINE RACEWAY

Let me know what you think if you try it.... feedback really appreciated

Cheers!!

Couldn't find it in search, did you publish it ? If so I might have been too early and will try again after I've eaten my pizza.

Nyx said:
Couldn't find it in search, did you publish it ? If so I might have been too early and will try again after I've eaten my pizza.

yep... it's there!

someone has downloaded it so it's working

another shot.... not a very good one though

k1rp5g.jpg

spats

Are there lots of real-world race tracks recreated yet? I did a quick Fuji speedway clone in the demo, literally took me like 5 minutes. The tools really are pretty incredible.

Thinking about dipping once they fix the loading. Beta kinda put me off but the demo feels muuuuch better.

Nyx

It's a fun track NinjaFusion, although I got off the course quite a few times due to drifting through a corner and flying up in the sky. :D

Monte Carlo is a fun track to download too.

Nyx said:
It's a fun track NinjaFusion, although I got off the course quite a few times due to drifting through a corner and flying up in the sky. :D

Monte Carlo is a fun track to download too.

Thanks... there is one corner where that happens - but i decided to leave it... :D

Baki

Hello,

I've been playing the demo quite extensively but I am hesitant to purchase the full product for two reasons:

1) Because R2 trigger is used for accelerate, prolonged gameply gives me a finger cramp. In additon to this, myt younger sibling cannot play the gfame properly because it is difficult to use R2 trigger to accelerate. For this I suggest offering a control scheme where R1 is accelerate or allowing us to make out own control schemes.

2) I play local co-op ALOT, but there is significant frame-rate drops in splitscreen when played during 4 player. In adddition to the fact that you cannot have AI durting 4 player splitscreen.

Has there been any mention of decisions to tackle these problems?

CryptiK

Baki said:
Hello,

I've been playing the demo quite extensively but I am hesitant to purchase the full product for two reasons:

1) Because R2 trigger is used for accelerate, prolonged gameply gives me a finger cramp. In additon to this, myt younger sibling cannot play the gfame properly because it is difficult to use R2 trigger to accelerate. For this I suggest offering a control scheme where R1 is accelerate or allowing us to make out own control schemes.

2) I play local co-op ALOT, but there is significant frame-rate drops in splitscreen when played during 4 player. In adddition to the fact that you cannot have AI durting 4 player splitscreen.

Has there been any mention of decisions to tackle these problems?
Do you have the real trigger plastic clip ons? if not go get some makes a big big difference

Anyone know anything about Mag content for Modnation racers?

On the PSN card with the code it says you get 2 exclusive multiplayer maps called Helix and back to the island!

Anyone got a picture of these levels?

kharma45 said:

Don't know if you're joking or not but it ain't working for me... :/

RobbieNick

NinjaFusion said:

303jr5w.jpg

Cheers!!

That level looks awesome!! Can't wait until payday!

~ Zyzomys ~ said:
Did not work for me either.

That code can only be redeemed on a Euro PSN account and it only works with MNR's disc that have the following product codes: BCES-00764 and BCES-00701. That's what it says on the DLC's terms of use.

Agent X

NinjaFusion said:

303jr5w.jpg

309kf1h.jpg

2u6zixl.jpg

2vwfp0k.jpg

Cheers!!

I'm not able to play it yet (won't have the full game until Tuesday), but the screens are breathtaking. Nice work!

RagnarokX

Replicant said:
I didn't make that but I agree. Can you do full-on van with this game though? I thought all of the cars are the kart types.
xqc8is.jpg

:)

Sounds like you need to go get the air raid dlc from gamespot. Offer ends on the 25th I think.

zankara

Kabuki Waq said:
guys with full version:

in 4 player split screen can everyone choose their own created karts and characters?

Yep. Had great fun yesterday with my nephews - We all created our own characters and karts and then raced each other. It was a blast.

netguy503

iamcool388 said:
Ninjafusion does the game have a screenshot function? How are you taking these pics? If it does have that function, can I take screenshots in-game?

One of the trophies is to take a screenshot- so I assume yes.

iamcool388 said:
Ninjafusion does the game have a screenshot function? How are you taking these pics? If it does have that function, can I take screenshots in-game?

Yes - in single player you can pause and take a photo and it dumps it to the XMB

In the track studio you go to 'preview' and you press (if i remember rightl) L1 to stake a photo that will represent your track when published and R1 to take a photo that gets dumped to the XMB.

As far as i can tell, it doesn't do anything to the image quality (i.e. doesn't add effects or extra AA or anything like that).

kharma45

carpediemdp said:
That code can only be redeemed on a Euro PSN account and it only works with MNR's disc that have the following product codes: BCES-00764 and BCES-00701. That's what it says on the DLC's terms of use.

Sorry guys forgot to mention that, the code is EU only.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I don't have the game yet so I can't check, but has anyone replicated existing racing tracks such as Spa, Monza, etc?

Tempy said:
I don't have the game yet so I can't check, but has anyone replicated existing racing tracks such as Spa, Monza, etc?

Yep... there are quite a few popping up in the content browser.

Suspect they'll only get more numerous!

Yep... there are quite a few popping up in the content browser.

Suspect they'll only get more numerous!
So is there some way to rank theses tracks and then sort/search all the custom tracks to find the Five Star Custom Tracks?

~ Zyzomys ~ said:
So is there some way to rank theses tracks and then sort/search all the custom tracks to find the Five Star Custom Tracks?

Yes... by creator rank, rating, most downloaded, most raced, by name.... etc etc etc. The system is very simple but it's something LBP should have had about a year ago. You can also favourite a creator and browse their stuff, like LBP.

It also says on one of the loading screens that the content at the top of the primary list will be changed every week... so you could also just browse the first page and see what's getting rated and commented on.

It's a simple, well thought out menu... for downloading at least...

QUESTION ABOUT THE ONLINE SET UP
You spawn into a 'mod spot' which is basically a pointless 3d lobby full of people playing rap down their mike and shouting 'download my shit' but when you go to search for a race, does it try and matchmake you with everyone online, or just people in your 'mod spot' - if it's the latter it would explain why online games are slow to fill up...?

Tried several times to join an XP race over the weekend and none were found and no one joined... the game has charted in the UK all formats top ten... so there must be people playing. Can't imagine i was the only person in the world searching for a ranked race....?

If the matchmaking only pulls from the modspot you're in, then good luck EVER trying to fill a 12player race.

Either that or the XP matchmaking is busted.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I like this and the creativity everyone is doing. Reminds me of my favorite racer ever, Trackmania. I can't wait to get this tomorrow.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Any details on non racing tracks like battle mode? The devs said we could build something like that where racing is not the focus.

Top Bottom