• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal PS3 - Screens + PR

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Twisted Metal®
FACT SHEET

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
Developer: Eat Sleep Play, Inc.
Platform: PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system
Genre: Car Combat
Players: 2-4 player Split Screen / up to 16 online
Release: 2011
Rating: Rating Pending

OVERVIEW
Twisted Metal®, the longest running franchise in PlayStation® history and the multi-million selling series is now back, exclusively on the PS3™ system. David Jaffe and Scott Campbell, co-founders of Eat Sleep Play and the original creative team behind Twisted Metal, bring back the dark humor, fast-action gameplay and a world of cars, guns and destruction.

With four factions battling for control, players step into the combat boots of a twisted disciple in a high octane, highly destructible world. Players fight for the prize of one wish fulfilled by the stylishly evil Calypso, the mastermind behind the Twisted Metal tournament. Disciples strategically dismantle opponents in vehicles loaded with weapons of Twisted destruction.

With a robust online system, players unleash destruction with up to 16 players through PlayStation®Network (“PSN”) and battle through a variety of favorite and new game modes.

Twisted Metal carved out its own unique gaming genre. No other title has Twisted Metal’s perfect mix of dark humor and personality along with massive destruction in a distinctive atmosphere and vehicles and weapons that act as extensions of each character.

STORYLINE
High atop his penthouse office, a mysterious ringleader named Calypso lords over the contest of vehicle combat known as Twisted Metal. He returns again to host the ultimate contest of skill and destruction. Contestants have been chosen to compete and, should they emerge victorious, win whatever prize their heart desires.

GO ONLINE AS A DISCIPLE
• Fight online as a disciple of one of four factions, each based on a classic Twisted Metal character.
• Supports up to 16 players online through PSN.
• Play with friends in 2- 4 player split-screen and online as well.
• Featuring a variety of gameplay types including series’ favorite and new, unique game modes.

MASSIVE DESTRUCTION
• With the power of PS3 system, unleash massive amounts of destruction in brand new, never before seen Twisted levels.
• Deliver destruction to strategically change the face of the level, or just cause incredible chaos.

NEW VEHICLES, NEW WEAPONS, NEW ENVIRONMENTS
• Featuring a complete arsenal of weapons that make for more creative kills, from missiles and miniguns to giant magnets and flying mascots; players always have a way to take someone out.
• Choose from over a dozen Twisted vehicles, each outfitted with special weapons to strategically dismantle opponents.
• Flight is a first for the franchise. One of the new vehicles in Twisted Metal to take full advantage of flight is the Talon, a helicopter armed to the teeth with a minigun turret.
• Disciples team their rides up in various modes to wreak havoc on the enemy such as using the Talon as a magnet to pick up teammates and rain double the destruction down below.

UNIQUE SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN
• Fight for the prize of one wish fulfilled by Calypso, the Twisted Metal mastermind.
• Twisted Metal will feature full PSN Trophy support, making players’ accomplishments that much more satisfying.

About Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal franchise for the PS3 system is regarded as carving out a unique combat genre. Famed creators David Jaffe and Scott Campbell have once again brought Twisted Metal to PlayStation.

VALIS

Seems online oriented which is disappointing to someone like me who barely plays online. I guess it makes sense for a game like TM to focus on multiplayer, though. Hope the single player is worthwhile.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I was hoping for Twisted Metal at E3, so I was very pleased when the Ice Cream truck tune started to play in that trailer.

I can't say that I was blown away by the footage, but I'll be sure to follow like every little detail about this one.

Shadow780

InfiniteNine said:
Jaffe you magnificent bastard! Give me a hug!

f0rj8x.png

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
• Fight for the prize of one wish fulfilled by Calypso, the Twisted Metal mastermind.
• Twisted Metal will feature full PSN Trophy support, making players’ accomplishments that much more satisfying.

Read the frigging OP. I am merciful because I am filled with a sense of boyhood wonder.

GeoramA

Slurmer said:
no single player? :(
I wonder what Calypso looks like in this.

As I was watching this conference I thought "The only way they can save this horrible conference is with a new Twisted Metal. Please Sony give me a new Twisted Metal." When the trailer came on I went crazy, I cant wait to play this

soco

this is one of the best announcements of E3. i'm not yet sold on the helicopters, but it's gonna be awesome anyway.

:D hyped, why can't Sony give us a demo on PSN :( , love twisted metal

single player is great for the story/endings, Jaffe needs to bring back live action endings like in twisted metal 1 B)

although I'm kinda unsure about choppers being used, but doesn't matter, twisted metal is back :D

LiK

friskykillface said:
:D hyped, why can't Sony give us a demo on PSN :( , love twisted metal

single player is great for the story/endings, Jaffe needs to bring back live action endings like in twisted metal 1 B)

although I'm kinda unsure about choppers being used, but doesn't matter, twisted metal is back :D

nah, i prefer the comic endings in TM2

edit: just noticed the screens are the same ones SolidSnakex posted in my thread :3

4 factions? I see Sweetooths, Helicopter and a couple other cars. Will this limit the variety of vehicles? Will there be only 4 stories?

Can't say I love the aesthetic (I thought it was dated and sort of stupid even back in the 90s), but I'm always on the lookout for interesting non-FPS multiplayer action. Graphics need work though, although they have plenty of time for that.

antiloop

GitarooMan said:
Can't say I love the aesthetic (I thought it was dated and sort of stupid even back in the 90s)

I want Twisted Metal to be Twisted Metal... so I am glad they are keeping the style.

hmm I want co-op campaign. hope they can add that. :p

jett

D-Member
This looks...average to me. I don't understand why did Motorstorm get the shaft and instead this game was given the spotlight.

Cruzader

Banned
jett said:
This looks...average to me. I don't understand why did Motorstorm get the shaft and instead this game was given the spotlight.
Something something TM being there day one since PS1 days something something

I don't think it specifically says, or doesn't say, whether or not there'll be actual characters this time around? Like, are you just playing as a generic member of one of these factions rather than Mr. Grimm?

I'm getting the impression they've dumped the character stuff. Which would be sad. Would make the endings poopy.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
alr1ghtstart said:

Thats it for single player mentions?? Who the heck cares about trophies they're in every game now anyway an don't satisfy me x_X I hope it still has at least bonus levels like Head: On did. They were alil something different an extra which added to the single player stuffs.

Well whatevers this game better have cheat codes out the wazoo like all previous entries! I demand the god mode code!! (in b4 god mode is turned into a $5 100kb unlock key dlc)

MrPliskin

Banned
Slurmer said:
no single player? :(

Isn't shit like this still bannable? You know, posting in a damn thread w/out reading the friggin OP? It literally takes a few minutes (probably less) to see the bullet points. Is it that hard?

Carl

Jaffe mate, wherever the fuck you are, i love you. You lied time and time again saying that you weren't making it, and i love you.

Twisted Metal win. Can't wait for this. Not played a TM game since the very first one, so yay :D

S1lent

Screens don't look all that impressive to me, but I trust that this is going to be an awesome game with Jaffe at the helm. My fave in the series is still Twisted Metal 2, let's see if they can top that...

Cruzader

Banned
VibratingDonkey said:
I don't think it specifically says, or doesn't say, whether or not there'll be actual characters this time around? Like, are you just playing as a generic member of one of these factions rather than Mr. Grimm?

I'm getting the impression they've dumped the character stuff. Which would be sad. Would make the endings poopy.

In SP, you'll play those unique crazy twisted players, online it seems you plan in clans or something.

Im sure there is normal MP where you can use the SP characters.

MaxSteel

nice to see a bright level in there - twisted metal: black was too...black? just way too dark for me. bring it back to twisted metal 2 days.

those destructive environments looked AWFUL though. plenty of time to beef that up though.

not sold on helicopters, but i have faith.

this game is the reason i bought a ps3 - bring it the fuck on

robot

The G4 interview is making me want this game baaaad. This interview is pretty hilarious too, Jaffe seems like a really cool guy.

Top Bottom