• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Picture of the Rock Band Mustang Guitar

For those of you who were wondering what the Mustang guitar looked like and couldn't find the info in the RB Thread, or on the internet:

rockband21.jpg

All this information is conveniently located in the RB Platform Thread.

Oli

I wonder how much the Band kit will cost now.

I've still never played a GH/RB game...

so this is the 6 stringed guitar that will "teach" us how to play?

I'm sorry for being completely and utterly illiterate in the realm of guitars, but I've heard that it is a Fender guitar which is the one everyone was playing at E3. Is that this guitar? Or are there two versions of the 6 stringed guitar which doubles as a real guitar and a RB3 guitar?

Oli

aztrex said:
I hadn't played one until GH3. Is there any particular reason you haven't?

Mostly because it's too expensive. I'm interested, at least, but not enough to invest in it. RB3 looks pretty cool, but I know it'll be too high for me.

Raistlin

MikeE21286 said:
so this is the 6 stringed guitar that will "teach" us how to play?

I'm sorry for being completely and utterly illiterate in the realm of guitars, but I've heard that it is a Fender guitar which is the one everyone was playing at E3. Is that this guitar? Or are there two versions of the 6 stringed guitar which doubles as a real guitar and a RB3 guitar?

2 different guitars designed for pro mode: this model, and one that uses an actual Squier Stat as the basis.

TheGreatDave said:
Half the price?

Does that make it a better value? No. Just as there is this thing known as diminishing returns when moving up higher and higher ... there is also the opposite.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Raistlin said:
Does that make it a better value? No. Just as there is this thing known as diminishing returns when moving up higher and higher ... there is also the opposite.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

It depends what you want. If you're only planning on using the guitar with the game, I dunno. Seems like the more sensible option.

Raistlin said:
2 different guitars designed for pro mode: this model, and one that uses an actual Squier Stat as the basis.

Ahh, ok. I'm extremely interested in somewhat learning guitar through Rock Band 3. I've been playing these Guitar Hero games since they first came out and the games minimal challenges for probably 80% of the expert songs.

Which one is the general consensus on the one you're gonna want to go with? Or are they not really equivalents of each other (i.e. they will probably be priced differently when prices are announced)

edit: look like my follow-up question has been answered, thanks guys.

Top Bottom