• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 7/05: Semi-finals |OT| Uruguay vs Netherlands | Germany vs. Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessiej

Oh my oh my oh my, the semi-finals are here. The 4 best countries in the world will collapse in what is supposed to be an epic clash between them. We still have

nederland-kaart.gif

Netherlands

uruguay.jpg

Uruguay

spain_cities_map.gif

Spain

duitsland_kaart.png

Germany

The first match will be Uruguay vs Netherlands.

1265970_FULL-LND.jpg

vs

1267847_FULL-LND.jpg

de-nederlandse-vlag.jpg

vs

1643248-Travel_Picture-Uruguay_Flag.jpg

The Netherlands, a small country in Western-Europe with 17 million superior man will face against another small country in South-America, with a population of 3,494,382. Yes people, we are in the semi-finals, this is the time, the tension is getting hot, take off your clothes and enjoy a beautiful match.

690e94b6_ANP_13073509.jpg

xbhaskarx

Netherlands are always my second favorite team after the US, so it looks like I will be rooting against Uruguay for the first time. I'd love to see Netherlands against Spain in the final so we're guaranteed a first time World Cup winner, but Germany looks really f'ing good right now...
Did you know: Germany has scored 4 or more goals in three matches at this World Cup, which is more than England has in its entire WC history.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
xbhaskarx said:
Netherlands are always my second favorite team after the US, so it looks like I will be rooting against Uruguay for the first time. I'd love to see Netherlands against Spain in the final so we're guaranteed a first time World Cup winner, but Germany looks really f'ing good right now...
Did you know: Germany has scored 4 or more goals in three matches at this World Cup, which is more than England has in its entire WC history.

Did you know: Germany has scored more goals in it's last two matches than Portugal did during the entire WC?

Arjen

Hup Holland, laat de leeuw niet in zijn hempie staan!
So nervous already, don't know how i'll make it trough the day tomorrow

Haunted

GO DEUTSCHLAND!

Netherlands - Uruguay is win-win for us. If Uruguay pulls off the upset, we're getting a weaker final opponent and we can laugh at Holland chocking again.

If the Netherlands win, it's more UEFA domination and we're getting one of the best grudge finals ever after 1974. :D

That is, if we can beat Spain.

MrHicks said:
when is paul gonna make his germany prediction?
Tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Arjen said:
So nervous already, don't know how i'll make it trough the day tomorrow

I'm finishing work at 3pm, so a ride through the sunny city followed by beer followed by beer following by yelling at the telly interupted with beer will be my plan.

Also,

lets go Germany! God damnit a Germany Netherlands final is so close I can taste it. I love spain, but they can't interrupt this....

MMaRsu

Banned
I need a good gif of the first sneijder goal in the second half of Netherlands - Brazil.. I want to use it as my avatar..

or any other cool gif of the Dutch lions performing something cool.

xbhaskarx

neorej said:
Did you know: Germany has scored more goals in it's last two matches than Portugal did during the entire WC?

Well of course, because Portugal scored ZERO goals this World Cup...
North Korea doesn't count as a legitimate WC team.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Tence said:
This picture summs up the game against Brasil pretty well :lol

shit, that's the entire game captured in 1 picture :lol

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Robinho was on fucking crack during that match.

Arjen

catfish said:
I'm finishing work at 3pm, so a ride through the sunny city followed by beer followed by beer following by yelling at the telly interupted with beer will be my plan.

Also,

lets go Germany! God damnit a Germany Netherlands final is so close I can taste it. I love spain, but they can't interrupt this....

I'm of at 5, but i'm totally with you on the beer. :lol

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
close to the edge said:
Woo! So pumped for Spain v Germany.. it will be epic. I'm guessing:

Spain - Germany: 3-2
Uruguay - Netherlands: 1-2

So it's Tempranillo vs Riesling.
Tannat vs ....... do the netherlands produce wine?

projekt84

As someone who has half of his family in Uruguay, I can say that there are no Uruguayan hot women.

Hence why you see no pictures of any.

Binabik15

Damn your thread title, now my "bestland vs worstland in the finals" joke won´t work!

I really, really hope bestland encounters worstland in the final game and wins after an epic match.

Chuckie

Binabik15 said:
Damn your thread title, now my "bestland vs worstland in the finals" joke won´t work!

I really, really hope bestland encounters worstland in the final game and wins after an epic match.

Bestland vs Bratwurstland it is then

MMaRsu

Banned
Also I have to work till 8 tomorrow!!! WTF??? :((((((

Only 30 minutes to get to the city ( if they have a big screen )

feel

Would it hurt to write the proper names of the countries in the title?? Stupid meme.

Supporting Germany and Uruguay, but at the same time I don't think I want them both to win and then have one of them cry to a lost final after their epic runs, and I don't want to be neutral in the final... so, yeah.. I dunno. :(

Pezking

Uruguay vs. Netherlands 0:2
Germany vs. Spain 1:0

Uruguay hat too many missing players. They won't stand a chance.

And if we can keep up playing on the level we showed against Argentina, we will beat Spain. But we have to be careful. This will be by far our toughest opponent yet.

Spain is the new Italy. They haven't played that great yet, but due to their individual class, they can always suddenly step up and play on a whole new level.

We have to be prepared for that, and I'm sure we will be.

I secretly hope that Spain overestimates the impact of Müller not playing. Kroos and Marin filling in for him won't affect us that much. They're both excellent players on the same level as Müller.

Also, I just don't feel Spains "hunger" for winning the cup. Two years ago, they were clearly on a mission during the whole Euro 2008 and just dominated everyone in their path. That feeling is gone completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom