• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 7/05: Semi-finals |OT| Uruguay vs Netherlands | Germany vs. Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellscha

Uruguay
URU.gif

Facism | X05 | SalsaShark | Wellscha

VS

The Netherlands
NED.gif

Kabouter | industrian | Arjen | Buba Big Guns | Steeven | Tence | Danielsan | kottila | itsgreen | Phoenix4 | vordhosbn | Rocket Scientist | n0n44m | Hertog | GroteSmurf | Roelatie | CassSept | Wessiej | Rei_Toei | Exypher | Falch | 2San | Deadman | markao | Suitcase Test | Dina | spons | [Nintex] | Dibbz | HarryHengst | Prince | Coen | MMaRsu | Saya | Pepto | wud | BaZZaa | StevePharma | Kers | bad|joey | Tempy | Sadist | confuziz | Veidt | neorej | Nyx

GO GO AwesomeGuay! Its the heart that what truly matters!

548px-Flag-map_of_Uruguay.svg.png

uruguay_1_1024x768.jpg
[/IMG]

diegoforlaninternal.jpg

abdulio1950.jpg

espn2.jpg

if Uruguay can upset Netherlands and then have Suarez socre the winning goal in the finals = ultimate football drama funness

Wes said:
Would anyone feel aggreivated if I shotgun called creating the Final match thread?
go ahead dude! the original WC thread was epic, might as well finish it off as concludely epic

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
where's all the Uruguay fans?!

edit: I see one more

edit edit:

if Uruguay can upset Netherlands and then have Suarez socre the winning goal in the finals = ultimate football drama funness

very true. but they won't! NL coach is too practical. He's been talking up not discounting Uruguay. It would have to be an amazing effort by Uruguay. The odds are same as Spain Paraguay.

Chuckie

Wessiej said:
Oh people, read and think for a moment :lol.

I was thinking for 1 match in 1 thread, because they are on different dates and it is the goddamn semi-final. But we will see.

I agree it should be seperate threads. However you should remove Spain and Germany from the OP, because thats why people find it a bit confusing. You mention the four semi-finalist first... then proceed with the match between Uruguay and Netherlands.

If you remove Spain and Germany, it is a bit clearer.

Totally derailing this thread with our Germany talk, but yeah :lol

Holland MUST win anyway. And they will.

Pezking said:
I think Kroos will play.

Löw put him in pretty early on Saturday. I'm sure he wanted to give him some match practice.

On the other hand, Trochowski started on Müller's position at the friendly match against Bosnia a week prior to the world cup. I was at that match, and IMO Müller won his spot in the starting lineup in the 2nd half of that game.

Well...we'll see. I also thought Löw has gone insane for putting Klose and Podolski in the starting lineup after the awful season both played last year. Turned out he was right, so I tend to believe him anything right now, even if he sees Trochowski as the best replacement for Müller.
Kroos is more of a central player and Löw put him in because Khedira had some minor muscular problems. I'm sure Kroos could play on the right very well but Löw doesn't see him there. We're glad that Müller put a shit on Trochowski in that friendly match you mentioned, otherwise that fucker would have played the whole World Cup. Or at least two matches in which he would have embarrassed himself.

And I see a big difference between Podolski/Klose and Trochowski. We know that Klose and Podolski can be awesome. Trochowski can't. There's absolutely no reason to play with him. Want a player with good shoot? Take Kroos. Want a player with good dribbling skills? Take Marin. Want a player that can attack, too, take Cacau. All these options are better than fucking Trochowski. I hope he gets substituded in the half if he plays :(

Are people mad at Uruguay because they got into the semi-final because of blocking the goal for Ghana (?) with hands?

Because, I, someone who is completely uninterested in football and just happened to catch the last 20 minutes of that match, was flabbergasted by the idea that such a thing is allowed. When all else fails, just use all your men as keepers to prevent a loss? That's absolutely insane. Ghana should've gone through.

I've watched like 4 matches in total, and only fragments of them. Yet I've come to the conclusion that the rules in football are absolutely ridiculous. Instead of giving yellow cards to the players that evoke a fall, give the fuckers who randomly fall reaching for a random body part a yellow card. Use camera's and monitor teams to decide on big decisions instead of relying on 1 dude who's supposed to be omnipresent and all-seeing. And so on...

Either way. When the cup started, I sort of randomly decided to root for Holland and Germany. Seems like I could get the finale I wanted. Shame I'm not really into football, or that would be quite awesome. :)

ArjanN

Uruguay

Facism | X05 | SalsaShark | Wellscha

VS

The Netherlands

Kabouter | industrian | Arjen | Buba Big Guns | Steeven | Tence | Danielsan | kottila | itsgreen | Phoenix4 | vordhosbn | Rocket Scientist | n0n44m | Hertog | GroteSmurf | Roelatie | CassSept | Wessiej | Rei_Toei | Exypher | Falch | 2San | Deadman | markao | Suitcase Test | Dina | spons | [Nintex] | Dibbz | HarryHengst | Prince | Coen | MMaRsu | Saya | Pepto | wud | BaZZaa | StevePharma | Kers | bad|joey | Tempy | Sadist | confuziz | Veidt | neorej | Nyx | Stridone | Lightning | catfish | burnfout | ArjanN

*updated*

netherlands : Uruguay = 50:3 so far.
Just like the final score will be :p

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Souldriver said:
Are people mad at Uruguay because they got into the semi-final because of blocking the goal for Ghana (?) with hands?

Because, I, someone who is completely uninterested in football and just happened to catch the last 20 minutes of that match, was flabbergasted by the idea that such a thing is allowed. When all else fails, just use all your men as keepers to prevent a loss? That's absolutely insane. Ghana should've gone through.

I've watched like 4 matches in total, and only fragments of them. Yet I've come to the conclusion that the rules in football are absolutely ridiculous. Instead of giving yellow cards to the players that evoke a fall, give the fuckers who randomly fall reaching for a random body part a yellow card. Use camera's and monitor teams to decide on big decisions instead of relying on 1 dude who's supposed to be omnipresent and all-seeing. And so on...

Either way. When the cup started, I sort of randomly decided to root for Holland and Germany. Seems like I could get the finale I wanted. Shame I'm not really into football, or that would be quite awesome. :)

Not really. Getting a red card and a Penalty Kick is plenty of punishment. Everything that happened was according to the rules and its Ghanas fault at the end of the day for not scoring the PK.

Arjen

Souldriver said:

Can we please put that thing to rest? Already discussed to death imho

Raging Spaniard said:
Not really. Getting a red card and a Penalty Kick is plenty of punishment. Everything that happened was according to the rules and its Ghanas fault at the end of the day for not scoring the PK.
Did I say otherwise. I'm saying the rules are stupid. It means that when all else fails, you have about 11 kamikaze's on field to prevent a goal against you.

Am I going to cause a shitstorm by having this opinion? Because in that case I'm out. :lol

Arjen said:
Can we please put that thing to rest? Already discussed to death imho
Didn't know that.

Arjen

Souldriver said:
Did I say otherwise. I'm saying the rules are stupid. It means that when all else fails, you have about 11 kamikaze's on field to prevent a goal against you.

Am I going to cause a shitstorm by having this opinion? Because in that case I'm out. :lol

There are plenty of people that share your opnion, just look at the 40 pages after the match ended :lol

Souldriver said:

Kamikaze's you can't use the next match because of a red card.

Arjen said:
There are plenty of people that share your opnion, just look at the 40 pages after the match ended :lol
I see. In all my naivety I was pretty shocked to see the outcome of that match. I didn't understand why the commentators weren't talking about that hands fault more. I was like "so this is nothing abnormal?" :lol
ClosingADoor said:
Kamikaze's you can't use the next match because of a red card.
Still better than going home immediately. The choice is quite easy.

But whatever. I see this is a can of worms, and I don't want to open it again. Let's just say it gave me an extra reason to root for Oranje. :)

LRB1983

Banned
Binabik15 said:
And she´s a living flag so to speak.

She´s black, red shirt, yellow hotpants = German flag. Clever girl.

Yep, this photo is from Vienna, from Euro 2008 final. The boys are spanish fans and the girl is germany fan.

Haunted

Yay for thread title change.

Official semi-final thread.

Both finalists will be determined tomorrow, first Germany/Spain, after that Holland/Uruguay.

thy_

Germany
GER.gif

Roi | Art Teitlebaum | Phantast2k | Hieberrr | goldlion054 | schennmu | STG | Bren McGuire | EricHasNoPull | esquire | Obaidr | Toma | selig | Jacobi | Haunted | Xater | mernst23 | Milchmonster | thy_ | Ikuu | reminder | Enosh | Discotheque | carpediemdp | slaughterking | Patrick Bateman | DieNgamers | Karud

VS

Spain
ESP.gif

striKeVillain! | MCX | Rafa=FedKilla |cartoon_soldier | Srider | Hylje | Boogie9IGN | Acidote | bytesized | operon | Relaxed Muscle | Tworak | spidye | kikanny | Tf53 | Socreges | close to the edge | LRB1983 | Spiegel | Vitet | keit4 | LiquidMetal14 | Kingsora | Messi | bonesmccoy | OriginalThinking | Rad | Click | Leonsito | tirant | anaboula | Wellscha | SuperÑ

saelz8 said:
love it how he just laughs at himself :lol

Germany

Roi | Art Teitlebaum | Phantast2k | Hieberrr | goldlion054 | schennmu | STG | Bren McGuire | EricHasNoPull | esquire | Obaidr | Toma | selig | Jacobi | Haunted | Xater | mernst23 | Milchmonster | thy_ | Ikuu | reminder | Enosh | Discotheque | carpediemdp | slaughterking | Patrick Bateman | DieNgamers | Karud | Roude Leiw |

VS

Spain

striKeVillain! | MCX | Rafa=FedKilla |cartoon_soldier | Srider | Hylje | Boogie9IGN | Acidote | bytesized | operon | Relaxed Muscle | Tworak | spidye | kikanny | Tf53 | Socreges | close to the edge | LRB1983 | Spiegel | Vitet | keit4 | LiquidMetal14 | Kingsora | Messi | bonesmccoy | OriginalThinking | Rad | Click | Leonsito | tirant | anaboula | Wellscha | SuperÑ

S. L.

Haunted said:
Yay for thread title change.

Official semi-final thread.

Both finalists will be determined tomorrow, first Germany/Spain, after that Holland/Uruguay.
Holland - Uruguay is on 7/6
Germany - Spain is on 7/7

and nothing is on 7/5

Pezking

Milchmonster said:
Kroos is more of a central player and Löw put him in because Khedira had some minor muscular problems. I'm sure Kroos could play on the right very well but Löw doesn't see him there.

Put Kroos in the center and move Özil to the right. Problem solved.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
So most people agree that germany spain is going to be the match to see I think?

I'm definitely going to be watching holland really close, but the German match is the one I can't predict what's going to happen. German collapse, or strength to strength?

SamuraiX-

close to the edge said:
Woo! So pumped for Spain v Germany.. it will be epic. I'm guessing:

Spain - Germany: 3-2
Uruguay - Netherlands: 1-2

:lol

Spain hasn't scored 3 goals in one game the entire tournament.

You really think they're going to do it against Germany?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Germany

Roi | Art Teitlebaum | Phantast2k | Hieberrr | goldlion054 | schennmu | STG | Bren McGuire | EricHasNoPull | esquire | Obaidr | Toma | selig | Jacobi | Haunted | Xater | mernst23 | Milchmonster | thy_ | Ikuu | reminder | Enosh | Discotheque | carpediemdp | slaughterking | Patrick Bateman | DieNgamers | Karud | Roude Leiw |

VS

Spain

striKeVillain! | MCX | Rafa=FedKilla |cartoon_soldier | Srider | Hylje | Boogie9IGN | Acidote | bytesized | operon | Relaxed Muscle | Tworak | spidye | kikanny | Tf53 | Socreges | close to the edge | LRB1983 | Spiegel | Vitet | keit4 | LiquidMetal14 | Kingsora | Messi | bonesmccoy | OriginalThinking | Rad | Click | Leonsito | tirant | anaboula | Wellscha | SuperÑ | intheinbetween

come on!!! I can't hardly wait for wednesday night!

Ephemeris

I hope both games stay 0:0 and go to penalties and both teams miss all their shots the first time around.

Okay, I really don't know who I'm rooting for in the semis. :lol

MMaRsu

Banned
catfish said:
So most people agree that germany spain is going to be the match to see I think?

I'm definitely going to be watching holland really close, but the German match is the one I can't predict what's going to happen. German collapse, or strength to strength?

Germany is going to win 2-1

Holland will win 2-0

rodvik

catfish said:

Yeah, going to be an excellent game. fast attacking power versus incredible control. Great match up. I am marginally wanting Spain to win just because they have never won the WC before and a final where any team gets its first would be great. But Germany are a fantastic team this year, so it would be deserved if they win as well.

Should be awesome!

saelz8

If Spain's passing game vs Germany is the same as it was vs Paraguay, they might as well pack their bags right now.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Raging Spaniard said:
Nailed it.

Haunted

Ephemeris said:
I hope both games stay 0:0 and go to penalties and both teams miss all their shots the first time around.

Okay, I really don't know who I'm rooting for in the semis. :lol
For Germany of course. Always looks better to go out against the eventual winner.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I love how people act like only dirty players would do what Suarez did :lol Ask ANYBODY that plays for Holland if they would the same given the situation and I bet you they would, without a doubt.

Btw Im convinced Im never getting that Spain flag, youd think my username would be a clue :(

Noshino

Uruguay
URU.gif

Facism | X05 | SalsaShark | Wellscha | Noshino

VS

The Netherlands
NED.gif

Kabouter | industrian | Arjen | Buba Big Guns | Steeven | Tence | Danielsan | kottila | itsgreen | Phoenix4 | vordhosbn | Rocket Scientist | n0n44m | Hertog | GroteSmurf | Roelatie | CassSept | Wessiej | Rei_Toei | Exypher | Falch | 2San | Deadman | markao | Suitcase Test | Dina | spons | [Nintex] | Dibbz | HarryHengst | Prince | Coen | MMaRsu | Saya | Pepto | wud | BaZZaa | StevePharma | Kers | bad|joey | Tempy | Sadist | confuziz | Veidt | neorej | Nyx | Stridone | Lightning | catfish | burnfout | ArjanN

I really don't want to support Uruguay because of both Suarez and because of the uruguayans supporting his actions, but fuck, despite the fact that I think they didnt play better than the rest, they still deserve it for making it this far. That, and Im also S American :lol

Oh, and fuck Netherlands, Robben is wasted potential, he should be practicing diving for London 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom