• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla Games working on a new IP

Cesar

Banned
Did a search, found nothing.

Herman Hulst did an interview with Control (never heard of it myself) , a dutch gamemagazine, and revealed that they are working on a new IP besides Killzone 3.

The article says that they are still very busy with Killzone 3, but they managed to get a few people working on the game already. It is still in a concept stage, and that it's a very fun time for the team. They are ramping up in the near future an they also asked the whole team at Guerrilla to pitch concepts for the game where a lot of good ideas came from, but it's too soon to talk about yet.

That's it basically.

For the full article: http://control-online.nl/gamesindustrie/2010/07/29/hermen-hulst-guerrilla-werkt-aan-nieuw-ip/

Flavius

Still all a bit hush-hush at this point...for obvious reasons...but word on the street is it's a franchise created as a counter to Microsoft's popular Blinx franchise.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Heavy Weight Simulator. Now with real time controller input lag because your character wouldn't fire a gun after he pulled the trigger for a good five seconds.

In before Killzone 2 defense force

JesseZao

Flavius said:
Still all a bit hush-hush at this point...for obvious reasons...but word on the street is it's a franchise created as a counter to Microsoft's popular Blinx franchise.

Shhhhh! Don't let the cat out of the bag!

I'm still waiting for ANY developer to make a proper MMO (open world RPG - sumfing like WoW) for consoles.

Or even just a persistent open-world RPG with proper co-op and dungeons would be nice.

But I'm hoping GG makes sumfing like Liberation for PSN - top-down shooter would be fun.

Gravijah

Ninja-Matic said:
I'm still waiting for ANY developer to make a proper MMO (open world RPG - sumfing like WoW) for consoles.

Or even just a persistent open-world RPG with proper co-op and dungeons would be nice.

But I'm hoping GG makes sumfing like Liberation for PSN - top-down shooter would be fun.

Why the hell would GG make an MMO?

Xater

Ninja-Matic said:

Uuuh haven't you heard of DC Universe Online or Final Fantasy 14?

shwimpy

Fuck yes! Love Killzone 2 and 3 looks spectacular but sticking with one franchise for 6-7 years is ridiculous. Hopefully it's not a straight up shooter.

Doel

Would be interesting to see them do something other than a shooter.

At the very least I'm hoping they try a 3rd-person shooter.

Kyoufu

Ninja-Matic said:

sumfing

There's no equivalent to Mass Effect in Sony's game portfolio so I'd like Guerrilla to work on a high production value RPG with a cool setting. Steampunk would be sweet...

Gravijah

BrainZEROX said:
There's no equivalent to Mass Effect in Sony's game portfolio so I'd like Guerrilla to work on a high production value RPG with a cool setting. Steampunk would be sweet...

Would you be satisfied with say, a space or medieval RPG? Those are pretty unique!

thcsquad

I'd like to see their tech applied to something with a more adventurous art style, and something that's not necessarily a shooter.

I doubt that. They've already enslaved assigned London Studio to work on party games.

And don't forget Cambridge!

I'll ask a close friend of mine if he knows anything. He is a level designer for Guerilla, worked on Killzone 2 and 3.

Control is a gamesmag for developers by the way, not consumers.

BrainZEROX said:

Almost all of the appeal of Mass Effect is the universe. And I don't think Sony forcing something like that ("a cool setting") upon Guerrilla would have the same appeal.

Seriously though, Sony do need a western RPG. I'm not sure GG would ideally suit that, but in any case, Sony needs to look for one to nab, or set up a place to develop one.

Galvanise_ said:
Seriously though, Sony do need a western RPG. I'm not sure GG would ideally suit that, but in any case, Sony needs to look for one to nab, or set up a place to develop one.

I want Naughty Dog to do a Western RPG, that village part of U2 just sealed it for me.

Top Bottom