• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloober Team is working with Take-Two to develop a brand game based on a new IP

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Bloober Team has two unannounced projects in the works: "Project C", a brand-new IP being developed in partnership with Take-Two Interactive, and "Project R", a 2025 release based on a Skybound Entertainment IP, the entertainment company owned by The Walking Dead creator, Robert Kirkman.

Right now, Bloober is keeping the details close to its chest, but its recent annual report – as translated by @pl_evil – reveals just a little of the studio's plans as it wraps up the development of Silent Hill 2 Remake.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Don't give Konami ideas ..

We have no idea on the quality of the finished product yet. Could be that it is a great game. I feel a lot of folks have rose colored glasses and only remember the best parts of SH2 and not the hordes of monsters you had to fight with its purposefully awful combat system.

Plus Blooper makes decent horror games. Certainly they can't do worse than Double Helix's Homecoming.

We have no idea on the quality of the finished product yet. Could be that it is a great game. I feel a lot of folks have rose colored glasses and only remember the best parts of SH2 and not the hordes of monsters you had to fight with its purposefully awful combat system.

Plus Blooper makes decent horror games. Certainly they can't do worse than Double Helix's Homecoming.
Does exploration and atmosphere matter to you? Because the real SH2 has that in droves. Their sad attempt at a remake will not. Combat be damned, nothing can replace SH2.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Does exploration and atmosphere matter to you? Because the real SH2 has that in droves. Their sad attempt at a remake will not. Combat be damned, nothing can replace SH2.
Trailers showed plenty of atmosphere and they have stated the exploration is still there. Until we have the game in our hands it is premature to make claims that it won’t have either.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Trailers showed plenty of atmosphere and they have stated the exploration is still there. Until we have the game in our hands it is premature to make claims that it won’t have either.

The latest trailer made it look like something of a soul-less RE2 remake wannabe, but I guess because it was supposed to be a 'combat' trailer, the original announcement trailer was much better, hyper exaggerated facial expressions and all.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The latest trailer made it look like something of a soul-less RE2 remake wannabe, but I guess because it was supposed to be a 'combat' trailer, the original announcement trailer was much better, hyper exaggerated facial expressions and all.

Yep, not really feeling the latest trailer. However, it is always best to wait to see a finished product before making large claims such as the ones in this thread. If it is shit, we will know in a few months.

But why? Have they ever produced anything worthwhile?

Though I feel like companies treat Blobber the same way as CDPR and Techland - they expect Blobber to reach the same success. And Blobber is wiling to take those jobs.

peronmls

You are not suppose to fight every enemy in the game. The idea is to run and fight if you have too. If there are “hordes” as you say, then you RUN away. You made the game bad for yourself by constantly engaging in combat. Bloober has no substance to their games. What you call descent is mediocre content from them.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Get Some Help GIF by Giphy QA

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
You are not suppose to fight every enemy in the game. The idea is to run and fight if you have too. If there are “hordes” as you say, then you RUN away. You made the game bad for yourself by constantly engaging in combat. Bloober has no substance to their games. What you call descent is mediocre content from them.
I am well aware how to play SH2. The point being that combat was always a major part of the game.

Robb

Gold Member
Can’t say I understand why based on their past work, but good for Bloober. Someone over there is obviously very good at negotiating.

FunkMiller

Good to see they are concentrating fully on a really decent remake of Silent Hill 2… and not looking at the next deal they can sign, knowing that game is a piece of shit.

…oh no, wait…

That's not the issue with Bloober though, it's the fact that they're technically incompetent.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Don't ppl hate Bloober Team? Why do they get so much gigs?

They sell well and they have enough of a fanbase and do, generally, good work (at least from the games that I have played)

The vocal minority that despises Bloober team is just that, a vocal minority. No different than the loud vocal minority that cries about Final Fantasy every chance they get here on the forums, yet they still sell in the millions.

They sell well and they have enough of a fanbase and do, generally, good work (at least from the games that I have played)

The vocal minority that despises Bloober team is just that, a vocal minority. No different than the loud vocal minority that cries about Final Fantasy every chance they get here on the forums, yet they still sell in the millions.
That makes sense. Thx

Top Bottom