• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEEP FRIED BEER aka "Texas, I forgive all of your transgressions to date"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
This is absolutely wonderful.
beer_1705983c.jpg

The beer is placed inside a pocket of salty, pretzel-like dough and then dunked in oil at 375 degrees for about 20 seconds, a short enough time for the confection to remain alcoholic.

When diners take a bite the hot beer mixes with the dough in what is claimed to be a delicious taste sensation.

Inventor Mark Zable said it had taken him three years to come up with the cooking method and a patent for the process is pending. He declined to say whether any special ingredients were involved.
Last year's winner of the Texas state fair fried food competition was a recipe for deep-fried butter.
aEL3G.gif

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Can this technique be applied to corn masa and tequila?

I must know. Without risking delicious alcoholic explosions in my own home, of course.

OuterWorldVoice said:

I must know. Without risking delicious alcoholic explosions in my own home, of course.
It would have to be thick masa but I think it would still work. Sprinkle on some salt and dip it in lime juice. mmmmmm

trinest

OuterWorldVoice said:

I would assume yes.

From my understanding the technique cooks the pasta and protects the achole inside.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
OuterWorldVoice said:

Getting the masa the right consistency to hold the liquor might be difficult, but should theoretically be the same basic recipe as this just with masa instead of flour.

The state fair is a wonderful thing. Kick Oklahoma ass, eat fried beer.

red-river-rivalry.jpg

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Ferrio said:
I was thinking of trying to make deep fried pizza this labor day, maybe i'll finally do it.

They have fried coke, beer, butter and ice cream. Applied frying science is actually outpacing HIV research at this point.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
True pioneers! Men around the world salute you

That actually sounds good.

Unlike the deep fried butter.

And if you eat hundreds of them you might get a buzz. But that would be offset by the grease and dough.

Deep fried butter is at the Canadian National Exhibition this summer so I assume deep fried beer will be there next summer

Sounds disgusting to me though

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'd have to try it for myself. This sounds like two things that are awesome on their own but don't belong together, like chocolate and hot sauce.

Have they made deep fried deep fried yet?

Raistlin

BobTheFork said:
The alcohol stays...

YOU
CAN
GET
DRUNK
FROM
A
FRIED
FOOD!

Someone make a sunset over a fryer pic, I'm out!

trinest said:
I must have the recipe.

That's got me thinking, getting drunk from beer with this would cause a heart attack. But what if something a bit stronger was used? Think of all the different flavors possible using liquors?

Boonoo

The deep fried beer sounds surprisingly good. I imagine it as something like beer batter biscuits (which are absolutely delicious) in gusher form.

ugh, it looks like they tried to tempura fry that bacon. You need to chicken fry it with some buttermilk, flour, and pepper.

At this point I don't think there's anything that can't be deep fried. Maybe some sort of genius will figure out how to deep fry coffee and ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom