• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil Revelations Screenshots And Footage [And Gifs]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Capcom has released new screenshots and footage for Resident Evil Revelations.

Footage: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2010/3ds/lineupMovHigh.html (It's in here before the Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D footage.)

Schrade said:
I'm impressed by Capcom. Not impressed by Nintendo, though. You'd think they would be the ones to demonstrate the power of the system.

Biohazard Revelations
rer1ex8c.gif
rer2mbsl.gif

re19e28.jpg

re3bdw4.jpg

re2dcp9.jpg

re47hxj.jpg

re5ig17.jpg

re8dht3.jpg

re9bib5.jpg

re7gdhr.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Saw the Gameplay video - imo best looking 3DS game. Capcom is on a roll....

Hixx

I really hope this is good.

I need a reason to justify the inevitable £200 price tag the 3DS will have.

Aske

Kaldea said:
Thank goodness Jill lost that cap. :lol

I'll miss it. She totally rocked that beret. But this looks fantastic. Long as it combines the creepiness of the original games with the gameplay mechanics of RE4, it'll be magnificent.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Looks just like the cutscene from 4 months ago. Now where are all the people who claimed that two 266mhz ARM11's a 133mhz PICA, 4MB of F-B and 64MB of ram couldn't render those graphics in game? I would easily put those graphics in league with the best looking Xbox games like Riddick but with 3.0 shaders and modern lighting techniques. The results, as you can see, are quite phenomenal.

To Far Away Times said:
These screens really don't do it justice. It looks almost as good as a current gen game in motion.
Not even close, but it does look good. Seeing that ugly racing game with a crappy framerate shortly after is just :lol

ILikeFeet

Banned
wish it was MH instead of Mercenaries. oh wait, this is the Revelations thread. doesn't look as good as the trailer but still damn good

duckroll

Draft said:
What is it with portable Resident Evil games and boats?

Boast are out at sea, and create a feeling of being away from home and on a journey outside. A perfect setting for someone who is playing a portable game while on the move outside. :)

Keikoku said:
This reminds me of RE PSP... has it been canned ?

This probably was RE PSP until they heard of the 3DS and they jumped ship to the money boat.

No word on RE PSP, sounds like all the DMC PSP nonsense from long ago. Unless they have moved to PSP2 development.

Draft said:
I did not forget Dead Aim, I am just saying this is 2 for 2 portable RE games on boats.
Yeah, for whatever bizarre reason, it seems to be a setting that someone at Capcom who works on the franchise is obsessed with. Kind of like how the guy who eventually produced Wild Wild West was obsessed with giant mechanical spiders and wanted Superman to fight one when he was producing that project.

For what it's worth, I think a large ship is actually a good setting for a game, but it does get sort of weird when it keeps getting revisited over and over again in the same franchise, as you've pointed out.

Dennis

Banned
To Far Away Times said:
These screens really don't do it justice. It looks almost as good as a current gen game in motion.
They look like Xbox generation games but with extra shader effects to me. And thats great for a handheld.

Top Bottom