• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil Revelations Screenshots And Footage [And Gifs]

Kaldea said:
I never thought she was Sheva at all. Jill's clothes, brown hair, voice, Chris saying Jill's name in the trailer, etc. I don't really understand the confusion.

I only looked at this thread's pics. Never saw any info about this game prior to that.

Jill's clothes, Sheva's body, Sheva's hair, Sheva's face, Sheva's earpiece (yes, on the wrong side of the face ...)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Haircut: Nope, Shiva's is more cropped up in the back.
Hair color: Shiva's is darker and more bronze than red.
Physique: Shiva is shorter and like two cup sizes bigger.
in general, face: Shiva's has more pointed jaw line, stronger cheek bones, fiercer eyes, flatter nose, etc. Basically, all features not as round.

I could see maybe thinking it was Rebecca, but Shiva? No way.

TripOpt55

I NEED SCISSORS said:
I believe so. Would be cool if they could sell it as a 3DSWare title.
Yeah, I was thinking full-price for a Mercenaries game would be kind of meh. If it's not going to be a part of Revelations then yeah a 3DSWare game would be cool. Edit: Yeah maybe that is expecting a bit much.

FoneBone said:
I really, really doubt it.

I guess so, since it is Capcom after all..

But it really isn't outside the realm of possibility. I gather it would be quite a small file (only a few areas to render), and would be something that is worth keeping on the 3DS flash memory.

Davey Cakes

Skilletor said:
Just looking at screens, I thought it was Sheva, too. I never watched any vids. Doesn't look like Jill at all to me.
Because you're used to seeing her a) wearing a baseball cap or b) with blonde hair.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Dice said:
in general, face: Shiva's has more pointed jaw line, stronger cheek bones, fiercer eyes, flatter nose, etc. Basically, all features not as round.

Shiva has also four arms.

.la1n

Jocchan said:
Shiva has also four arms.

sheeva-mortalkombat-big.jpg

she sure did.

GDGF

Soothsayer
This looks so superfantastic.

Finally the haters can shut up about this game. Yes it really looks like that.

Jill model in Mercenaries:

res42gsc.jpg

Jill model in Revelations:

re47hxj.jpg

I think the Revelations model looks closer to the old games, that's why it looks different.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I cant believe that is coming on a handheld. Looks fantastic. Honestly if the 3d is well done and these games arent tech demos i think 3ds is a mega home-run and it will probably be the first handheld that i actually have a strong desire to play. I have a DS and sure the games are good but it doesnt have the draw this system seems to have.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I put some gifs from the other thread in the OP so people can see it in action without watching the whole trailer reel.

G-Fex

I've had enough of this Redfield nonsense.

Put in someone who has great charisma with Jill.

That's right folks. I'm talking about....

BARRY BURTON.

nO5SJ.jpg

High five back Gaming Truth.

Kard8p3

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Maybe you activate some stupid control panel and more virtual reality areas/themes pop up.

You know I just can't think of any game that does this. I'm really trying hard to think of one but nothing comes to mind.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kard8p3 said:
You know I just can't think of any game that does this. I'm really trying hard to think of one but nothing comes to mind.
Too Human?

G-Fex said:
I've had enough of this Redfield nonsense.

Put in someone who has great charisma with Jill.

That's right folks. I'm talking about....

BARRY BURTON.

High five back Gaming Truth.

Only thing missing from making it the best Resident Evil game since 4.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I wish they'd reverted back to the fixed camera angles. As fun as RE4 was, it wasn't nearly as scary as RE:remake. Never played the others.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
I guess so, since it is Capcom after all..

But it really isn't outside the realm of possibility. I gather it would be quite a small file (only a few areas to render), and would be something that is worth keeping on the 3DS flash memory.

We don't know how much they plan on expanding it though. It could be a situation similar to Geometry Wars -> Geometry Wars: Galaxies.

Phenomic

So we don't really definitely know who that is with Chris haha. It's funny because to me from the back it looks like Jill's brown hair, her face looks like Sheva, and in the picture with the explosion it looks like Claire's Red hair, even though I think that's just lighting from the fire. :lol

G-Fex

Phenomic said:
So we don't really definitely know who that is with Chris haha. It's funny because to me from the back it looks like Jill's brown hair, her face looks like Sheva, and in the picture with the explosion it looks like Claire's Red hair, even though I think that's just lighting from the fire. :lol

It's Jillva.

Amalgam of Jill and Sheva so we'd get the best of both worlds.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Phenomic said:
Well, Jill was in the original trailer and called by name, so presumably it's her.

CamHostage

cw_sasuke said:
Saw the Gameplay video - imo best looking 3DS game. Capcom is on a roll....

Seriously, WTF with everybody but Capcom? DOA looks decent but between this and SSFIV 3D and to a lesser extent RE Mercs (but the multiplayer sounds awesome,) Capcom is making it look like nobody else is even trying. These three games have sufficiently blown my mind, gotta go pre-order 3DS.

GDGF

Soothsayer
CamHostage said:
Seriously, WTF with everybody but Capcom? DOA looks decent but between this and SSFIV 3D and to a lesser extent RE Mercs (but the multiplayer sounds awesome,) Capcom is making it look like nobody else is even trying. These three games have sufficiently blown my mind, gotta go pre-order 3DS.

I think Shinen (when they show what they've got anyway) is going to be a nice challenger to Capcom in the 3DS graphics department.

antonz

CamHostage said:

Capcom has a Next Gen Engine that was able to be brought to the 3DS. Gives them a huge headstart over others who have to make a new engine or half ass it with old generation engines.

Even nintendo is stuck with GC engines for now.

Studios will upgrade to new engines with time

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
ILikeFeet said:
I thought Jill was whiter than she was in the trailer
It's kind of hard to tell, since the lighting can effect that a lot.

CamHostage said:
The actual trailer for Metal Gear looks really nice, especially when looking at the scale of the environment, but yeah, I imagine most other companies didn't dive in head first with huge projects on high grade technology.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I completely agree with Schrade about Capcom doing such a better job at showing off the NDS graphcial prowess compared to Nintendo. The Capcom games are the ones really selling the 3DS as a very capable next-gen hand-held graphics wise.

$300 is a shame but I am still onboard. Will be the first Nintendo handheld for me since the original GB. Though knowing me I'll probably own both the 3DS and the PSP2, unless the PSP2 completely under delivers. Saying that last bit in this thread is probably like feeding meat to the sharks though. Hopefully there are some mentally balanced people that understand what I mean.

CamHostage

antonz said:
Capcom has a Next Gen Engine that was able to be brought to the 3DS. Gives them a huge headstart over others who have to make a new engine or half ass it with old generation engines.

Even nintendo is stuck with GC engines for now.

Studios will upgrade to new engines with time

So, did I imagine those nine or so Musou games that Omega Force made on Xbox 360? Because their 3DS game sure isn't using that engine...

I can understand Nintendo not having all of its facilities together (although realistically, 3DS isn't such a step-up that it's completely foreign to them. It's not like they had to make excuses of having no engine when they made Luigi's Mansion or Wave Race, and those were leaps. Sakurai can go ahead and throw some bump-maps and higher-res textures on Kid Icarus, right?) But everybody else, they've got experience going back to Xbox 1 with shaders. Ubisoft's titles look really rough, the Konami baseball game doesn't do much more for me against the PSP MLB games, Ridge Racer looks like a bad RR clone, and MGS... looks hot as hell, actually. (But MGS probably isn't on MGS4 engine, it's just the PS2 engine with great retexturing and good model rerendering. So, everybody else, how about you do that?)

There's for sure going to be a leap in quality with everything else even by February, that I'm not so worried about. All I'm saying is thank god for Capcom showing everybody today how it's done (and putting the money behind doing it up big.) I hope the rest of these developers aren't waiting for UE3 on 3DS to save their asses from being further shamed by Capcom!

cvxfreak

Dice said:

:lol :lol :lol

Sectus

CamHostage said:
I think it's more of a case of Capcom being Capgod. MT Framework kicks the ass of every engine on consoles and PC too. It's ridiculous how well it runs.

Top Bottom