• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil Revelations Screenshots And Footage [And Gifs]

Vrakanox

Wow are they going back to survival horror finally? I wish they would do a true survival horror on a console though. I'll keep my eyes on this though it looks potentially awesome.

antonz

CamHostage said:
So, did I imagine those nine or so Musou games that Omega Force made on Xbox 360? Because their 3DS game sure isn't using that engine...

I can understand Nintendo not having all of its facilities together (although realistically, 3DS isn't such a step-up that it's completely foreign to them. It's not like they had to make excuses of having no engine when they made Luigi's Mansion or Wave Race, and those were leaps. Sakurai can go ahead and throw some bump-maps and higher-res textures on Kid Icarus, right?) But everybody else, they've got experience going back to Xbox 1 with shaders. Ubisoft's titles look really rough, the Konami baseball game doesn't do much more for me against the PSP MLB games, Ridge Racer looks like a bad RR clone, and MGS... looks hot as hell, actually. (But MGS probably isn't on MGS4 engine, it's just the PS2 engine with great retexturing and good model rerendering. So, everybody else, how about you do that?)

There's for sure going to be a leap in quality with everything else even by February, that I'm not so worried about. All I'm saying is thank god for Capcom showing everybody today how it's done (and putting the money behind doing it up big.) I hope the rest of these developers aren't waiting for UE3 on 3DS to save their asses from being further shamed by Capcom!

It really comes down to who wants to make an impact from the start. Yes most of these developers have 360/Ps3 engines but that does not mean all those engines are as scalable as MT from Capcom. Some Publishers right now are just eager to milk the launch window. Mediocre games sell well at launch to the masses.

Capcom is stepping up to the plate and saying to gamers look at us and what we are doing buy our awesome stuff. Namco is saying boy launch window sure is a tasty time.P ort that shitty Iphone game right away. Konami is a big mixed boat. MGS looks great but other stuff from them is worse than Namco.

Studios are trying to avoid what they did with the Wii but at the same time studios that half ass are gonna turn off gamers too.

TL4E

Vrakanox said:
Wow are they going back to survival horror finally? I wish they would do a true survival horror on a console though. I'll keep my eyes on this though it looks potentially awesome.

I'm not sure what you're saying-but this is definitely not a "survival horror" in the tank-control re2 sense.

I do wish they'd remake re2 already!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You are all going to think I'm ridiculous... but there's no way I can play this game with all that clipping on her pony tail. I mean her hair spends half the time inside her back!

Shit like that drives me nuts. :lol

I just can't not see it.

Sectus

Graphics Horse said:
I don't, but Y is definitely shoot/attack. The rest should be easily guessable.
The first 4 seems fairly obvious (walk,run, aim and shoot), but it would be nice to get it confirmed. And I'm really not sure what the fifth control is (use touch screen for aiming?).

recklessmind said:
You are all going to think I'm ridiculous... but there's no way I can play this game with all that clipping on her pony tail. I mean her hair spends half the time inside her back!

Shit like that drives me nuts. :lol

I just can't not see it.
Where do you see it clipping?

Sectus said:

When she runs in the first gif her hair disappears into her back.

Shoot looks like this according to Google Translate: 撃つ so it seems to be the traditional layout.
Touch screen is probably camera, would be nice to see a longer video.

Awesome! Gif's look better than the bullshots

its funny that we are seeing footage of this when we haven't heard anything on Resident Evil PSP(which was announced first)

Sectus

Graphics Horse said:
When she runs in the first gif her hair disappears into her back.
Isn't it just bouncing upwards in that gif? It's a bit hard to tell. Anyway, the ponytail moved around with almost no clipping in RE5 so I expect they'll be able to get that working properly.

Evolved1

Sectus said:

rer1ex8c.gif

basically anytime she runs... or aims... or does anything but stand perfectly still.

Sectus said:
Isn't it just bouncing upwards in that gif? It's a bit hard to tell. Anyway, the ponytail moved around with almost no clipping in RE5 so I expect they'll be able to get that working properly.

Not hard to tell at all.

Hopefully you're right about them getting it sorted out. Major annoyance of mine. The game would have to be great for me to ignore it.

Dice said:
Haircut: Nope, Shiva's is more cropped up in the back.
Hair color: Shiva's is darker and more bronze than red.
Physique: Shiva is shorter and like two cup sizes bigger.
in general, face: Shiva's has more pointed jaw line, stronger cheek bones, fiercer eyes, flatter nose, etc. Basically, all features not as round.

I could see maybe thinking it was Rebecca, but Shiva? No way.

ALL WOMEN LOOK THE SAME

Gosh.

FlashbladeGAF said:

its funny that we are seeing footage of this when we haven't heard anything on Resident Evil PSP(which was announced first)
RE PSP never existed outside of lip service and a title.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
AceBandage said:
RE PSP never existed outside of lip service and a title.
The only other possibility is it got moved to the PSP2, assuming they weren't lying when they said it isn't Revelations.

Evolved1

Nirolak said:
The only other possibility is it got moved to the PSP2, assuming they weren't lying when they said it isn't Revelations.

For someone who doesn't follow handhelds too closely... are we expecting the PSP2 to be coming sometime soon?

I'm getting 3DS but my PSP took a shit a few months ago... should I wait to replace it?

Spiegel

I doubt Capcom is working on 4 Resident Evil games (2 for 3DS, RE6 and REPSP2) at the same time.

If there's a Resident Evil PSP2 in the future it will probably be a port of one of the two 3DS games.

recklessmind said:
rer1ex8c.gif

basically anytime she runs... or aims... or does anything but stand perfectly still.

Not hard to tell at all.

Hopefully you're right about them getting it sorted out. Major annoyance of mine. The game would have to be great for me to ignore it.

all that is needed to fix that is a sight change in the angle hair moves at. hopefully capgod sees and fixes it.

LiK

recklessmind said:
http://www.abload.de/img/rer1ex8c.gif

Not hard to tell at all.

Hopefully you're right about them getting it sorted out. Major annoyance of mine. The game would have to be [I]great[/I] for me to ignore it.[/QUOTE]

ah, hair clipping. totally expected.

It's nothing compared to the clothes clipping in SFIV, but that mostly moves too fast to notice.

recklessmind said:
For someone who doesn't follow handhelds too closely... are we expecting the PSP2 to be coming sometime soon?

I'm getting 3DS but my PSP took a shit a few months ago... should I wait to replace it?

No solid announcements yet, a year away at the earliest. And I wouldn't expect it to play UMDs.

recklessmind said:

Impossible to say. We get a rumor at least once a week about different PSP2 systems being worked on. If they do release it next year it'll be near the holidays.

Evolved1

LiK said:
ah, hair clipping. totally expected.

I don't understand... are you saying I'm trolling? Or that you expect there to be that type of clipping?

I'm not trolling man -- I like RE and I'm pretty excited about the 3DS.

cw_sasuke said:
Looks like ....

Slide Pad = Movin
Slide Pad + B = aimin
R = shootin
R + Y = maybe sword/melee attack

but i cant read it.

I think you're wrong, my guess is :

slide pad = walk
slide pad + B = run
R = arm weapon
R+Y = shoot

Basically the same controls scheme as RE4/5. I wonder what the circle on the right on the touch screen is. It could be either a quick inventory or a surface to aim with the thumb iPhone style.

Luigiv

cw_sasuke said:
Looks like ....

Slide Pad = Walk
Slide Pad + B = Run
R = Aim
R + Y = Fire

but i cant read it.
Fixed for you.
I can't read it either but it's pretty obvious.

Edit: Beaten. But I did notice there's also a touch icon and a virtual control pad. I'd guess that's camera control (just like the c-stick in RE4).

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
“Resident Evil Revelations is a pure horror game. The fight against terror that is approaching you is a theme this time. Being able to experience it in 3D must be a great joy for the players. Right now all the members in the development team are making it so that in the end, it may even make players too scared to continue forward.”

Hype, +100.

Kunan

TestOfTide said:
all that is needed to fix that is a sight change in the angle hair moves at. hopefully capgod sees and fixes it.
And that blood splat effect on the glass is absolutely awful :lol . Other than that, the game is pure sex.

Kard8p3

recklessmind said:
rer1ex8c.gif

Not hard to tell at all.

When she quickturns I see some clipping but the rest of the time it looks like it's just kind of flying in the air.

Akainu

FlashbladeGAF said:

Just remember Monster Hunter 3.

daakusedo said:
Change already the blood!

What's wrong with it?

If you notice in the gif, it is an explosion of blood when the guy hits the window. It's not a splatter of blood flying from two metres away, as it might appear.

Alpha_eX

recklessmind said:
rer1ex8c.gif

Not hard to tell at all.

How many times did you watch that gif to notice that? :lol

Amalthea

Banned
Hey, it's just work in progress, you can even see that there are still placeholder textures on some of the background objects.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Resident Evil Revelations is a pure horror game. The fight against terror that is approaching you is a theme this time. Being able to experience it in 3D must be a great joy for the players. Right now all the members in the development team are making it so that in the end, it may even make players too scared to continue forward.

In other words, "Don't pee your pants!".

I NEED SCISSORS said:
What's wrong with it?

If you notice in the gif, it is an explosion of blood when the guy hits the window. It's not a splatter of blood flying from two metres away, as it might appear.

No its not. It's a single texture that appears a a frame after the guy hits the wall. And its easy to see that its a single texture in that video.

Top Bottom