• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Colors |OT| of AWESOME! OUTSTANDING! AMAZING! CUBE! And Very High Reviews

Sciz

Teknoman said:
So...are there special stages in the console version?
The Sonic Simulator seems to be the equivalent. There's apparently something unlockable tied to it, but the only reviews that have mentioned the fact so far have been really cagey about how and what.

Teknoman

Sciz said:
The Sonic Simulator seems to be the equivalent. There's apparently something unlockable tied to it, but the only reviews that have mentioned the fact so far have been really cagey about how and what.

Hmm, was hoping we'd get something similar to what Colors DS has (not sure if you're actually chasing after emeralds or something else).

Lijik

RobbieNick said:
Bring Segata and his wonderful sense of sarcasm back right now!! "SNIFF!" He's the only thing that made the Sonic 4 thread tolerable.
Well he kinda left on his own accord, he's not even banned or anything.
So its not like "Bring Segata back!" its more like "Go find Segata cutting logs outside his mountain cabin and convince him to return"

he really was the only reason why I kept reading the Sonic 4 thread

RobbieNick

Lijik said:
Well he kinda left on his own accord, he's not even banned or anything.
So its not like "Bring Segata back!" its more like "Go find Segata cutting logs outside his mountain cabin and convince him to return"

he really was the only reason why I kept reading the Sonic 4 thread

Segeata, you have to come back!! We need you!

I've left that life behind me now. I'm not that Segata anymore!:lol

Sciz said:

It's already been confirmed that the Sonic Simulator stages unlock Chaos Emeralds.

One review mentions that getting all seven leads to a great surprise. It's rumored that surprise may be Super Sonic.

Despera

Banned
Sonic game critically acclaimed? GT5 released with no release date?

My God, what is happening to our world!?

btw I watched the IGN review and I'm not sure about those wisp abilities.

Nishastra

Banned
RobbieNick said:
One review mentions that getting all seven leads to a great surprise. It's rumored that surprise may be Super Sonic.
Getting all the Chaos Emeralds unlocking Super Sonic?! Inconceivable!

Good lord this looks so fantastic.
Sorry for the lame question but has Sega said there is any chance we could see this coming to PS3 / 360 with Move / Kinect functionality.

Ooh, title change. Hope that generates more interest. There's [robably a bunch of people here that have just stopped paying attention to anything Sonic related, so a quick glance at the thread title could make them curious.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Sorry for the lame question but has Sega said there is any chance we could see this coming to PS3 / 360 with Move / Kinect functionality.

Nope. As of now, it is Wii/DS exclusive. Probably not gonna change anytime soon.

NTom64

Aru said:
I'm interested in both versions, don't know which to choose :/

Seeing as there's Wisps exclusive to the DS version, it might be a good idea to get both.

The demo for the DS version was pretty fun, too.

Im just happy there no more boring street levels, they did have me worried at first with the big cheese burger being the first pic i saw.

Why For?

Banned
Wow at the good reviews.

Looks like I might actually get this. Maybe my hunch about it being decent was right.

Why For? said:
If this is basically Unleashed day levels fleshed out into it's own game, I might pick this up.

I think it comes out pretty cheap here too.

Aru

NTom64 said:
Seeing as there's Wisps exclusive to the DS version, it might be a good idea to get both.

The demo for the DS version was pretty fun, too.

But if the levels are the same in both games, it'll be a waste of money even if the gameplay is different.

TheOGB

Banned
BTW here's IGN DS Review (Youtube)

Not my shots, but thought people would like to see them.
NTom64 said:
2vi5qgm.jpg

But yes, the game has been leaked. (NEWS STORY)

Nishastra said:
Getting all the Chaos Emeralds unlocking Super Sonic?! Inconceivable!

Depends on what they mean by Super Sonic. Ignoring Sonic 4 and the Sonic Riders games, "Super Sonic" in the vast majority of post-1999 Sonic games has basically been a minigame representing the final boss.

If it's actual, real, serious "totally invincible and out-of-control fast" Super Sonic accessible for play in all levels, like it was in Sonic 2 and 3, that would be completely amazing.

NTom64

Aru said:
But if the levels are the same in both games, it'll be a waste of money even if the gameplay is different.

Hmm. Oh well, suit yourself then. I hope you'll reconsider, though, it looks great overall. Maybe when it gets a pricedrop?

Oh, and rumour of the final boss (from DuskGolem on Sonic Retro):

"The final boss IS Eggman but he's using something called "The Nega Wisp" to suck up the whole galaxy and create one huge planet for the Eggman Empire.

"Every visitor to the park gets a free blue hedgehog. If you catch one, please feel free to take it home with you... or destroy it. Our choice." -Eggman

He also says it looks like Super Sonic might be unlockable in all stages."

Sciz

Aru said:
Level design and bosses are completely different between the two versions. They're essentially two different games with the same skin and powerups.

AniHawk

BruceLeeRoy said:

Move and Kinect functionality would be extremely limited considering the only motion control in the game is "waggle to activate powers"

NTom64

Fimbulvetr said:
This is really happening isn't it.

Looking forward to the inevitable playthrough Tom.

In 2012, maybe :lol

I'll probably do a livestream of it first, at this rate. Oh God I can't wait until the 24th, really want to play this now.

MechaX

... You know what, I'll gladly eat crow in my initial skepticism of this game just being another rehash of the Sonic cycle.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Argh, I'm getting hyped. One week! One week and one day!

EDIT: Watched about thirty seconds of that stream. I am now officially on media blackout, excepting what I need to put in the OP. But I don't want to spoil any more of this game.

EDIT 2: This soundtrack goes toe to toe with the Galaxy Games. Holy shit.

AniHawk

holy shit at the retro-Planet Wisp music.
holy shit at the game over music.
holy shit at the coreboss music.
holy shit
holy shit
DEREK SMART

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just finished Vanquish, I'm ready for this.

So many spoilers, looks like soon the entire game will be on Youtube as it usually happens. I'm not watching or listening to anything else!

NTom64

This soundtrack...is fucking fantastic.

Not exaggerating here, may be one of the best in the whole of the Sonic franchise.

AniHawk

NTom64 said:
This soundtrack...is fucking fantastic.

Not exaggerating here, may be one of the best in the whole of the Sonic franchise

I think it might be thanks to the sheer amount of tracks. Not everything here is a winner, but there's a ton of awesome stuff.

Azure J

Holy fucking SHIIIAT @ the boss theme! =O

Sonic as a series has done so much better with the move away from blaring rock and guitar riffs comprising the majority of it's music. This OST is bought instan-fucking-ly.

The_Technomancer said:
Argh, I'm getting hyped. One week! One week and one day!

EDIT: Watched about thirty seconds of that stream. I am now officially on media blackout, excepting what I need to put in the OP. But I don't want to spoil any more of this game.

EDIT 2: This soundtrack goes toe to toe with the Galaxy Games. Holy shit.

I am so excited. I loved some of the not so good 3D Sonics, what is going to happen when I play one that is excellent from start to finish. One long week to go.

I loved Sonic Unleashed so much that I ended up doing everything even collecting useless shit for the professor.

This game will be awesome.

T_T Sonic is really back *hugs him* I forgive you for the past. Real platforming and good to have bad ass sonic back and not the I dont care one and the music is just full of win

Lijik

Kulock said:
Oh hey, spoilers incoming. Don't mind me while I just pull this little lever-

SonicColorsBailOut.jpg
I'm getting the hell out of Dodge too, see everyone on the 18th!

AniHawk said:
I think it might be thanks to the sheer amount of tracks. Not everything here is a winner, but there's a ton of awesome stuff.
I always felt the same way about Brawl's soundtrack.

Blueblur1

That IGN Sonic Colors DS video review is such crap. Not because of the score but because it sounds like anyone could have written it. That and the reviewer clearly hasn't played a Genesis Sonic game within the last 10 years. Ugh.

The DS game itself looks okay but I won't be getting it. I got tired of Sonic Rush after S ranking everything and I didn't like Rush Adventure at all. Can't wait for the Wii game though. :)

Top Bottom