• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - SPOILER THREAD

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
THIS THREAD CONTAINS MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR ASSASSIN'S CREED: BROTHERHOOD WITH ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILER TAGS.

IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE GAME AND WISH TO AVOID SPOILERS, LEAVE THIS TOPIC IMMEDIATELY!

THREAD PARTICIPANTS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR YOU BEING SPOILED FROM HERE ON!

Nulla è Reale, Tutto è Lecito
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted.

jett

D-Member
Another fucking cliffhanger goddamnit.

I gotta say the whole end sequence was expertly done, may be my favorite part of the entire game. I think I'm done with the past and it's time for a Blade Runner-inspired AC game. I demand it, Ubisoft.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So how does the game pick up from the HOLY WTF ending of the last one? Do they touch on the weird "message in a message alien conspiracy" stuff?

Sai-kun

Banned
jett said:
Another fucking cliffhanger goddamnit.

I gotta say the whole end sequence was expertly done, may be my favorite part of the entire game. I think I'm done with the past and it's time for a Blade Runner-inspired AC game. I demand it, Ubisoft.

As long as they put us in MORE future-style environments like the room where the Apple was, I'm down. Fuck. Yeah.

Also the Subject 16 stuff is really good this time around too. It's crazy just how much planning the Templars have put into "protecting" the world.

Rhino

Anyone else notice the little convo in the credits after Lucy gets stabbed?

Mystery guy: "He's going into shock!"

"Put him in the machine!"

Desmond: "No!"

So was all the modern stuff with Lucy, Vidic etc in AC1, AC2 and Brotherhood all in the past?

Maybe Abstergo has Desmond and are trying to find out where the Apple is in the present day?

Or maybe It's the Assassins trying to find out what happened with Lucy, Desmond, Rebecca and Shaun....

My head is going to explode...... /o\

OmonRa

firehawk12 said:
So how does the game pick up from the HOLY WTF ending of the last one? Do they touch on the weird "message in a message alien conspiracy" stuff?

There are no aliens in Assassin's Creed.

firehawk12 said:

No aliens, antiquity(i.e. a time in the past where technology is absurdly advanced).

dwebo

Sai-kun said:
LUCY NOOOOOOOOOO
Maybe Kristen Bell got too expensive? Goddamn, she was half the reason I play this series!

Also, where did she go then during sequence 6/7? I thought that'd be explained by the end.

Sai-kun

Banned
Rhino said:
Anyone else notice the little convo in the credits after Lucy gets stabbed?

I thought this was Rebecca/Shaun flipping out or something. They force you back into the machine while they deal with Lucy, and that's why you can't exit the Animus anymore afterwords.

Rhino

Sai-kun said:
I thought this was Rebecca/Shaun flipping out or something. They force you back into the machine while they deal with Lucy, and that's why you can't exit the Animus anymore afterwords.

Maybe but I swear that mystery guy's voice wasn't Shaun...and I'm fairly sure I never heard Rebecca's voice either....

Edit: Also they were in Rome waaaay underground at the Colosseum and quite a ways away from Monterogeoni. So unless they packed up the Animus in the back of the truck I don't think they could have just plugged him back in.

Sai-kun

Banned
Rhino said:
Maybe but I swear that mystery guy's voice wasn't Shaun...and I'm fairly sure I never heard Rebecca's voice either....

I had the volume all the way down so I wouldn't disturb anyone in the house, so I just saw that someone was saying something and assumed it took place right after.

jett

D-Member
I think one of the voices was from Vidic or something, the evil guy from AC1. Abstergo or other Assassin's might've gotten hold of Desmond. That's probably the more reasonable explanation.

To be honest, I'm somewhat disappointed by the "mindfucks". The Subject 17 thing was interesting but it didn't bring anything of interest to the table, nothing like the AC2 Truth video. Or the cliffhanger, no comparison to the one in AC2 at all either. Ah wells, maybe they've ran out of curveballs. :p

Rhino

Sai-kun said:
I had the volume all the way down so I wouldn't disturb anyone in the house, so I just saw that someone was saying something and assumed it took place right after.

Yea I can guarantee you it wasn't Shaun and there was no female voice.

Just beat it about 30min ago so I'm positive about this.

Sai-kun

Banned
jett said:
I think one of the voices was from Vidic or something, the evil guy from AC1. Abstergo or other Assassin's might've gotten hold of Desmond. That's probably the more reasonable explanation.

To be honest, I'm somewhat disappointed by the "mindfucks". The Subject 17 thing was interesting but it didn't bring anything of interest to the table, nothing like the AC2 Truth video. Or the cliffhanger, no comparison to the one in AC2 at all either. Ah wells, maybe they've ran out of curveballs. :p

Okay, here's my tiny list of theories as to what I thought would happen when they got the Apple:

Cesare comes out of it. It's been keeping him alive for centuries. He tries to kill you.

Ezio comes out of it. When he used it (a lot), it kept a bit of his memory inside somehow. Now he's in present times and he flips his shit meeting Desmond!

Templars somehow found you, and rush in after you, Shaun and Rebecca die, you and Lucy escape mostly unharmed, and now you're on the run from Templars (moreso than usual I suppose)

I think I had another crazy/unrealistic theory (probably less unrealistic than Ezio coming out of the Apple :lol), but I can't remember. I was not expecting to kill Lucy though. I feel like I played another game recently where you're basically 'forced' to kill someone. I don't remember what game though :/

dwebo

jett said:
Yeah, I was disappointed too, though AC2 was a tough act to follow in regard to mindfucks. In general, ACB didn't bring much to the table story-wise, imo. Ezio was completely superfluous. He had the piece of eden at the end of AC2. All he does in ACB is lose it, and then have to get it back. More happens in the present, I guess, but they could've slapped the bullshit last sequence onto the end of AC2 and nobody would've been the wiser.

I still thought it was a great game, but mostly because I enjoy filling up bars.

jett

D-Member
dwebo said:
Yeah, I was disappointed too, though AC2 was a tough act to follow in regard to mindfucks. In general, ACB didn't bring much to the table story-wise, imo. Ezio was completely superfluous. He had the piece of eden at the end of AC2. All he does in ACB is lose it, and then have to get it back. More happens in the present, I guess, but they could've slapped the bullshit last sequence onto the end of AC2 and nobody would've been the wiser.

I still thought it was a great game, but mostly because I enjoy filling up bars.

Yeah I mean it didn't bring anything new to the overall arc, but I was surprised to see how much I liked seeing Ezio rebuild the Assassin Order.

Sai-kun

Banned
jett said:
Yeah I mean it didn't bring anything new to the overall arc, but I was surprised to see how much I liked seeing Ezio rebuild the Assassin Order.

His sister joining was such a "what the fuck" moment for me. Not in a mindfuck sense, but while it was kinda cool, it was kinda pointless too. It's not like she joins you on any missions :lol

Sai-kun

Banned
I just finished finding all the glyph/puzzles and discovered the truth :D

The miracle is in the execution. :)

That was the coolest bonus ever. I was a bit upset that the video was so lame! But the bonus really made up for it. That was some trippy stuff.

jett

D-Member
Sai-kun said:

That was the coolest bonus ever. I was a bit upset that the video was so lame! But the bonus really made up for it. That was some trippy stuff.

Is it me or is the music in the Subject 16 area a cryptic arrangement of Lonely Soul?

Red

I'm not going to be able to play ACII:B for a while (can't afford it currently), but I'd really like to know the story. Would anyone be kind enough to summarize for me? Just the important bits, how it moves the overall arc.

jett

D-Member
Crunched said:
I'm not going to be able to play ACII:B for a while (can't afford it currently), but I'd really like to know the story. Would anyone be kind enough to summarize for me? Just the important bits, how it moves the overall arc.

Ezio re-assembles the Assassin Order. The game's plot plays into the misadventures of the Borgia family in the early 16th century.

In the present, Desmond and his crew find where Ezio stashed away the apple: under Rome's Colosseum. They go over there and find one of the temple's Minerva talked about in AC2, super futuristic design and stuff. After Desmond grabs the apple, Minerva starts mind-controlling him, making him fatally stab Lucy.

The End.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I was going to purchase this game... but then I just decided to read this thread instead. So spoil away, please!

Red

jett said:
Ezio re-assembles the Assassin Order. The game's plot plays into the misadventures of the Borgia family in the early 16th century.

In the present, Desmond and his crew find where Ezio stashed away the apple: under Rome's Colosseum. They go over there and find one of the temple's Minerva talked about in AC2, super futuristic design and stuff. After Desmond grabs the apple, Minerva starts mind-controlling him, making him fatally stab Lucy.

The End.
So not much happens, then. Sounds like the ending is really the only significant point. Any clues as to why Minerva wants Lucy dead?

jett

D-Member
Crunched said:
So not much happens, then. Sounds like the ending is really the only significant point. Any clues as to why Minerva wants Lucy dead?

Nope. Well she seems to suggest she's a traitor, she also mumbles something about Eve. As you can imagine, most of it sounded like incoherent ramblings.

And indeed, not much of note happens in the overall arc. The ending sequence could've been inserted at the end of AC2 with relative ease.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
jett said:

The End.

... wait, so why? We don't know why Minvera decides to have Desmond stab Lucky... is she a templar? Does Mivera even care about Assassin's and Templars? Why does Desmond need the apple, how does that prevent 2012 end-of-the-world Flame thing that was talked about in AC2?

Nope.

And indeed, not much of note happens in the overall arc. The ending sequence could've been inserted at the end of AC2 with relative ease.

Damn, okay. Now I'm glad I didn't spend $$$ on this game after all. I enjoyed the story more than the actual game play in AC2...

Red

jett said:
Nope. Well she seems to suggest she's a traitor, she also mumbles something about Eve. As you can imagine, most of it sounded like incoherent ramblings.

Huh. Well the wait for AC3 begins, I suppose. Thanks for the info.

Sai-kun

Banned
jett said:

Subject 16 suggests the same thing when you meet him. "She is not who you think she is."

yeah yeah... the mystery guy voice wasn't Shaun... who the hell was he and what the hell is going on?

I waited the LONG credit to end to see a cut scene.... but nothing happened :\

and can someone please tell me what Minerva was saying while Desmond was trying to get to the apple ? she was so pissed off and talking about how they should have left human as they were :\

OMG I'm confused and can't wait for ACIII or the next one whatever I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN ;_;

Gamiel

Neo Member
dwebo said:
Maybe Kristen Bell got too expensive? Goddamn, she was half the reason I play this series!

Also, where did she go then during sequence 6/7? I thought that'd be explained by the end.

Once Lucy disappears in Sequence 6/7, if you go outside the Sanctuary, she is there and there's a special conversation.

Gamiel said:
Once Lucy disappears in Sequence 6/7, if you go outside the Sanctuary, she is there and there's a special conversation.

oh no I missed it... can I reply S6 and exist the Animus to have this conversation with her?

Gamiel

Neo Member
Sai-kun said:

If you finish the puzzles before the end of the game, there is a convo with Rebecca and Shaun explaining that the video was a trick: it isn't a video at all it's an executable file (The miracle is in the execution). Once converted from a video file, it launches the bonus level. If you get there before the end of the game, after the level there's also an extra scene.

Gamiel

Neo Member
The Praiseworthy said:
oh no I missed it... can I reply S6 and exist the Animus to have this conversation with her?

No :( Every sequence has special conversations in it with Lucy, Shaun and Rebecca that are only viewable during that sequence. The emails also update each sequence.

dwebo

Gamiel said:
I'm pretty sure I did that during sequence 5 though, unless there are two conversations with her outside. In 6 and 7 I scoured the grounds and didn't find her.

Gamiel said:
If you finish the puzzles before the end of the game, there is a convo with Rebecca and Shaun explaining that the video was a trick: it isn't a video at all it's an executable file (The miracle is in the execution). Once converted from a video file, it launches the bonus level. If you get there before the end of the game, after the level there's also an extra scene.
Damnit. I hate it when games don't tell you where the point of no return is.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Pretty sure that isn't what is said during the credits, and certainly not Desmond's voice.

DrBo42

jett said:

No. When one of the voices disagrees with the choice to put him back in the machine, a man says "I'm the expert aren't I?" It's heavily hinted that Desmond has reached the Assassin's HQ. Especially when you reference conversations out of the animus about that place, and how Desmond will see it some day. Also, Lucy was corresponding with someone from that base or sanctuary about Desmond's progress and her concerns about his mental stability.

Gamiel

Neo Member
The Praiseworthy said:
Then can you please tell me what happens ?

Lucy is discouraged and upset. Desmond seems to reassure her and there's a strong hint of romantic feelings between the two.

Gamiel said:
Lucy is discouraged and upset. Desmond seems to reassure her and there's a strong hint of romantic feelings between the two.

GOD DAMMIT I WANT TO SEE IT ;_;

I love Romantic Scenes :(

dammit!!

hope to find a youtube version soon.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
DrBo42 said:
No. When one of the voices disagrees with the choice to put him back in the machine, a man says "I'm the expert aren't I?" It's heavily hinted that Desmond has reached the Assassin's HQ. Especially when you reference conversations out of the animus about that place, and how Desmond will see it some day. Also, Lucy was corresponding with someone from that base or sanctuary about Desmond's progress and her concerns about his mental stability.

Uh? How is it implied Desmond has reached the Assassin's HQ? For all we know they are just outside the coliseum and back in the truck. It means that for Desmond to remain alive he needs to be connected to the Animus for whatever reason, and it sounds like they are moving or in a rush, but not in a place where he would be treated. My guess is Lucy and co., or at least Lucy, told someone from the Assassins where they were going and those guys arrived after she got killed. Who knows what happened to the other two. Hopefully killed, they were fucking annoying. And I forget what Juno says about Lucy. Something like opening the gate or some such, so I'm guessing it is a sort of needed sacrifice or whatever.

And there is no Desmond voice saying "No!" unlike Rhino said.

DrBo42

Ether_Snake said:
Uh? How is it implied Desmond has reached the Assassin's HQ? For all we know they are just outside the coliseum and back in the truck. It means that for Desmond to remain alive he needs to be connected to the Animus for whatever reason, and it sounds like they are moving or in a rush, but not in a place where he would be treated. My guess is Lucy and co., or at least Lucy, told someone from the Assassins where they were going and those guys arrived after she got killed. Who knows what happened to the other two. Hopefully killed, they were fucking annoying.

Well there's no way that the team wouldn't inform the base that they're about to pick up the apple. So let me reword, they've been picked up by the Assassins and are heading back to the HQ.

jett

D-Member
Gamiel said:

That conversation can be had in Sequence 5. She doesn't appear anywhere in Monteriggoni in sequences 6 and 7. I don't know if it's a bug or what, it's really weird.

How are they going to handle this with AC3? Letting people know that she died and stuff that is. Most people are thinking this is an offshoot with no real essential stuff. What happens when they come back for 3? They just gonna open it with 'lol u stabbed her'?

jett

D-Member
FreedomFrisbee said:
How are they going to handle this with AC3? Letting people know that she died and stuff that is. Most people are thinking this is an offshoot with no real essential stuff. What happens when they come back for 3? They just gonna open it with 'lol u stabbed her'?

Huh? AC fans that don't buy this are dumb. Anyway this will sell millions just like other two.

Plasma

Banned
FreedomFrisbee said:

They'll probably do a sum up or 1,2 and B at the start of 3 anyway.

As for the voices at the end I assumed they were assassins rather than templars.

Also did anyone notice that Lucy had an email from William M in her inbox at one point, I wonder if that is Desmond's father.

jett

D-Member
So what was all that crap you pick up in Monterigonni for? Last time you are in the sanctuary I saw that it had all magically disappeared from the shelf. You don't get a trophy or a bonus or anything at all.

DrBo42

jett said:
So what was all that crap you pick up in Monterigonni for? Last time you are in the sanctuary I saw that it had all magically disappeared from the shelf. You don't get a trophy or a bonus or anything at all.
You get an achievement for 4/5 on 360. OWNED.

jett

D-Member
DrBo42 said:
You get an achievement for 4/5 on 360. OWNED.

Wat, really? They did that again? Another achievement you'll miss forever unless you replay the entire game? :lol

Rhino

Ether_Snake said:
Uh? How is it implied Desmond has reached the Assassin's HQ? For all we know they are just outside the coliseum and back in the truck. It means that for Desmond to remain alive he needs to be connected to the Animus for whatever reason, and it sounds like they are moving or in a rush, but not in a place where he would be treated. My guess is Lucy and co., or at least Lucy, told someone from the Assassins where they were going and those guys arrived after she got killed. Who knows what happened to the other two. Hopefully killed, they were fucking annoying. And I forget what Juno says about Lucy. Something like opening the gate or some such, so I'm guessing it is a sort of needed sacrifice or whatever.

I'm almost positive I heard Desomnd or someone yelling "No!" after the two men talking about putting him back in. Regardless, I love all the speculation these games provide :lol

Reminds me of the Carnivale of Stupid....with less stupid.

Also did anyone else finish all the
Cristina side missions?

Oh God I was
IxLiO.gif
after that finale...

Poor Ezio :[

Top Bottom