• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KZ3 MP Beta is available on Indian PlayStation Store for FREE

Lince

Banned
nib95 said:
Basically Tacticians can see people through walls lol. It's like an in-game wall hack. Being fixed before final release but imo they need to test the game fixed in beta.

worth noting that you can also see through walls as long as you're in the same squad as the tactician, it's ridiculous... one of the reasons why I stopped playing, that and infiltrators.

Metalmurphy said:
You guys should deactive the accounts and give it to other ppl :p Unless the beta stops working after deactivating.

You can share accounts without deactivating them. In fact if you deactivate the account it de-authorizes the game for you but everyone else gets to keep playing it. Deactivating only de-authorizes your PS3. :lol

.nimrod

bandresen said:
PM'd

.nimrod
Asparagus
Katana_Strikes
micster
I downloaded and installed it, but when i try to run it on my other accounts it says "This content cannot be accessed on your account (80029513)"

Is it locked to the original account?

micster

.nimrod said:
I downloaded and installed it, but when i try to run it on my other accounts it says "This content cannot be accessed on your account (80029513)"

Is it locked to the original account?
Ive read that you have to play a couple of matches on the account you downloaded it on before playing it on your usual one. Dont know if thats true or not yet because im still downloading it

.nimrod

micster said:
Ive read that you have to play a couple of matches on the account you downloaded it on before playing it on your usual one. Dont know if thats true or not yet because im still downloading it
Well that sucks, since there is a 24h lock per console on the original account :/

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
jett said:
Tru dat.

KZ3 is sadness.

I guess he was ironic.

btw so far the beta was much better in terms of gameplay than KZ2 final release. I'll play more tonight to appreciate it. People complain already? sheesh

Lince

Banned
subversus said:
btw so far the beta was much better in terms of gameplay than KZ2 final release.

really? elaborate please... because KZ2 wipes the floor with whatever we've been presented with this beta.

Moobabe

Not sure what I think of this. I loaded up an operations game and was spawn camped for about 5 minutes until the round ended. Once we got going though it seems like a cool game mode though - saying that the fps is getting me down. I've never considered myself an fps whore or anything like that but it's definitely noticeable.

Guerilla warfare is what it is - I've never been interested in deathmatch though I'm sure it appeals to some people. I'll play a little more and see how I feel I guess.

jett

D-Member
subversus said:
I guess he was ironic.

btw so far the beta was much better in terms of gameplay than KZ2 final release. I'll play more tonight to appreciate it. People complain already? sheesh

lolololol

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
jett said:
You haven't played enough, considering you say no more clusterfucks. :lol KZ3 Beta is NOTHING but clusterfucks.

Three matches so far. We'll see.

meppi

subversus said:
Three matches so far. We'll see.
Well it took me about 14 hours to admit to myself that I wasn't enjoying it at all.

So many things need to be fixed before this can come even close to having the level of fun and longevity that KZ2 MP has.

The sad part is that probably not even half what needs to be fixed will be by release.

sun-drop

i love it so far. control is tighter ...but same fuck awesome maps.

you guys are playing on the other modes right, with the mechs and extended dam levels.

i mean anyone who says this is just COD has lost their minds ...since when does cod have maps this huge?. hell cod maps look tiny compared to kz2 let alone these.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
TheSeks said:
Haha, thanks Sony India. Now to see if they fixed the horrid contr--

Yes, because 99% of the potential playerbase is "bad" players. *rolls eyes all the while*

Face it, the "heavy" controls for Killzone 2 sucked. The lag made aiming TERRIBLE. It felt like a PC gamer suddenly switched to FPS on consoles. There was no way to win the battle with the controls.

"Oh, that dude over there. *swivel swivel* WAIT I SAID NOT THAT MUCH! *swivel swivel, dude notices you. MELEE MELEE*"

"...Fuck this shit. *goes to play a more responsive game*"

Honestly, if they made the game into Kill of Zone 3: Modern Warfare the game can only marginally improve. Really, though, the only thing they needed to do was fix the horrid controls. Aiming/getting a bead on a person I saw was my biggest issue with KZ2. They can keep the "slow"/"heavy" feeling but if I can't move the cursor onto a person in time, your controls suck. :/

Could you pull any more numbers out of your ass?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Unregistered007 said:
someone share ID .. is it shareable ?
it won't work

Tucah

you speak so well
So I downloaded this last night, haven't installed it yet - so can I use my normal PSN account or do I have to use the fake one I used to download it? I've been reading conflicting reports.

Tucah said:
So I downloaded this last night, haven't installed it yet - so can I use my normal PSN account or do I have to use the fake one I used to download it? I've been reading conflicting reports.
You can use your regular PSN account.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
First impressions from someone who played KZ2 for 50 hours:

GENERAL/GAMEPLAY
-Far greater controller response. I have no grievances about this change because it improves the precision of the gunplay, but I can understand the argument that KZ2's input lag lent itself to the sensation of "weight". Worthwhile trade-off, in my view.
-No exaggerated dead zone on the analogue sticks, even on default settings.
-Frame rate stumbles around the low 20s (by my vague estimate), even when there are no enemies on screen. This typically occurs after the first spawn, and eventually improves.
-Loading times have been reduced to 10 seconds, rather than 20-30 in KZ2. Massive improvement, although I wonder if this is due to it being installed locally.
-I felt the need to switch to "Alternative" controls to feel comfortable.

VISUALS
-Beautiful snow effects, with footsteps leaving an exact trail.
-Some of the best water waves and splashes I've seen in a console game.
-Use of MLAA definitely gives a sharper impression to the edges, and the textures are more defined now. Everything's crystal clear. But, in a way, I miss the visual style that Guerrilla honed themselves towards as a result of using the softer quincunx method. It was a limitation they deftly worked around, and I felt it ended up characterizing Killzone's overall look. Swings and roundabouts, I suppose.

That's all for now. I haven't toyed with the class system enough yet (nor do I know how representative this is of the final product), but the foundations seem to be in place. There's plenty of fun to be had with this.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TheExecutive said:
someone hook me up! pppprrreeeaaassseeeeeee
_It doesn't work_

-PXG-

Son of a bitch. Made an account for nothing. A PM to download it would from someone else would be much appreciated. Please hook a brotha up. Thanks.

- Sprint duration needs fixing (at least 33% increase).

- FPS needs fixing.

- MLAA needs fixing.

- Brutal melee animation needs to be shortened.

Aside from that, game is very fun to play and is drop-dead gorgeous. I love what they've done to the controls, the new unlock system (although I find the lack of bigger amount of new weapons VERY disappointing) and the sound system is great (although it's still lags behind BC2 in SOME aspects).

Games do look like clusterfucks, though, and the low FPS most of the time prevents clear visibility. When explosions start going off and FPS goes in the mid-teens, it's really hard to understand what the hell is happening. The new TDM mode is boring, I'll stick to Warzone.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I played quite a bit of the KZ2 multi (is there an easy way to check how much without booting the game up?) and I'm finding the controls a little too responsive, but I never had a problem with the controls in KZ2.

The game does shit for balancing. I started matches with 3 vs 6. Cutscenes updating what's happening are cool.

Top Bottom