• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KZ3 MP Beta is available on Indian PlayStation Store for FREE

kamspy

Got in last night when the thread was posted.

What a mess. What. A. Mess.

Second time this year a beta made me skip what was a blind buy. Shit is terrible. :(

ICallItFutile said:
I played quite a bit of the KZ2 multi (is there an easy way to check how much without booting the game up?)
There are detailed stats available if you log in with your PSN account over at Killzone.com.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
kamspy said:
Got in last night when the thread was posted.

What a mess. What. A. Mess.

Second time this year a beta made me skip what was a blind buy. Shit is terrible. :(

that's just ridiculous, man. /smh

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Waaaaay better than Killzone 2. At least now I can aim at someone and reasonably kill them without fighting the controls.

Haters gonna hate.

feel

Looks pretty and very well done, but I just don't find the multiplayer very fun. Might be the dual shock or the awful camera, I dunno. Still buying (but cheaper down the line), I enjoyed the singleplayer in KZ2.

TheSeks said:
Waaaaay better than Killzone 2. At least now I can aim at someone and reasonably kill them without fighting the controls.

Haters gonna hate.

This.

As someone who begrudgingly enjoyed the SP in KZ2, and was stupefied by the nature of the game's MP (or how someone could enjoy playing as a soldier who was in a tub of jello) I really like Killzone 3. It controls like a more realistic COD. This is the first FPS I could see myself actively playing on the PS3. Finally the presentation matches the gameplay.

Lagspike_exe said:
- Sprint duration needs fixing (at least 33% increase).

- FPS needs fixing.

- MLAA needs fixing.

- Brutal melee animation needs to be shortened.

- Medic's bot needs to have much shorter range. He virtually shoots at anything he sees, no matter how far it is. It is supposed to have a small-caliber weapon, ineffective at long range.

- Medic's 3rd ability should resurrect him with ammo and grenades he had prior to getting killed. Getting full re-armament isn't really logical.

- Matchmaking shouldn't create a new game unless there's at least 8 players ready.

- Infiltrators are hard to spot. My new policy is to shoot first, identify 2nd.

Alright I played for about 5 hours last night. Being that I have spent more time on KZ MP than any other console game I was surprised how much I like the change to the controls. I love the pace and the feeling of the levels.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Alright I played for about 5 hours last night. Being that I have spent more time on KZ MP than any other console game I was surprised how much I like the change to the controls. I love the pace and the feeling of the levels.

So are you doing the OT? ;)

tiddles

BruceLeeRoy said:

But wait, it's crap, right? You're not allowed to say that! :D

I have a fake account which works as a few of my friends are downloading it now but dunno if i should let a million people try to log on at once incase its taken down, what should I do?

Eccocid

subversus said:
does it have FF on by default? Because it's my policy as well.

I wish every FPS had forced FF in online :(
FF makes the games more tense and more fun. I am addicted ot Hardcore modes in CoD games and never touch to other modes.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
JardeL said:
Some people say that this beta is shareable, no 24-hour restrictions or something. Anyone tried?
We tried earlier in the thread. It's not shareable. It has the 24h lockout.

meppi

JardeL said:
I thought people will complain about the game, but apparently people LOVE free stuff. :lol
Just wait for the new wave of "I finally am able to kill people now!!! I'm so awesome!!! This game Rulezzz!!!" folk.

Meh.

subversus said:
that's just ridiculous, man. /smh
Not really.

This game went from a "I have 3 pre-orders down, no questions asked" to a "they better let me play a launch demo of the MP to see if they fixed all the stupid casual BS or I'm not even getting it." My buddies seem to feel the same way, actually they are even more bitter.

PS I couldn't care less about the single player. KZ2 SP was mediocre at best for me.

thuway

CoffeeExpress said:
I have a fake account which works as a few of my friends are downloading it now but dunno if i should let a million people try to log on at once incase its taken down, what should I do?
Sent PM. Help a brother out :(. I've helped people out way too much in the past with codes. Hell I was the organizer for the GAF Pax meetup in 2008 :-/.

Top Bottom