• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII | New Gameplay Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
- No release date
- Still PS3 exclusive
- Trailer was half voiced
- Trailer: http://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-treats-my-body-right-191966.phtml (New Backup Momentarily)
http://www.novacrystallis.com/Versus/Versus_PD1.flv

Official site: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/versus13/

versus02.jpg

Figured it'd be best to split this off from the original Premiere OT. Discuss!

Cels

Is it just me, or do I remember seeing screenshots of the girl that looked way better than the screencap above?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Cels said:
Is it just me, or do I remember seeing screenshots of the girl that looked way better than the screencap above?
They greatly lowered the amount of polygons for her hair.

They also added a sheen to it that makes it look like she hasn't showered in a month.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This will either turn out to be the best game ever, or a complete fucking disaster that manages to get worse than Final Fantasy XIII.

Based on the trailer, I'm loving the cutscenes, the graphics, the sound but the gameplay seems dull as shit. Also I'm really Hoping the framerate will be fixed.

Seen this earlier today. Looks shit hot!

Day one for me - the battle system looks decent (would have preferred a turned based system but meh I enjoyed KH). Really glad I got a PS3 now (didn't have one at FF13's release), regardless of whether a 360 port arrives, it's pretty much a lock that PS3's version will be superior.

The environments and characters look fantastic, but I have a feeling I will be let down, like I have been with every FF title since 9.

KTallguy

Banned
It basically looks like KH style combat with open world of FF12 and crazy set pieces of FF13.
I thought it was gonna be menu based but it looks a lot more action based! I wonder how it will feel to play.

But really the HD version is the one I'm excited about.
You can't really see anything in this video when the action ramps up.

Edit: Yea once they actually added shit going on in that scene, they had to reduce all the polys in her hair lol.

The styling of the cutscenes was really great, but jesus... quite unexcited by how it seems to control. (Pre-emptive 'go kill yourself' to anybody saying its too early to tell.)

Xelinis

Everything from the combat to the layout of the interface looks just like an upgraded Kingdom Hearts.

Day One.

Yeah, I just loved the trailer from beginning to end. I was actually amazed that it looks as good as it does. I mean, I always was pulling for Versus, but there was always a doubt that it wouldn't live up to what I wanted it to be. The only thing that pisses me off is... that it's not coming this year. Like... ugh. But, if that means the game will be flat out amazing when it releases, I'm all for it. Nomura, better not let me down.

Zoe

Only 4 voices in the trailer: chauffeur, Noctis, Ignis, and I'm assuming shotgun boy. If Gladiolus was in there, his voice didn't stand out compared to Ignis.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Is the field beyond the fence explorable? I'm guessing so but looks a bit too good to be true. It also remind me a bit of the SNES mana games

Anyway, the gameplay is going to make or break this game and so far it looks like it's going to win major. Can't wait

Kagari said:
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
- No release date

sigh, its been how long since this game was announced? I just checked amazon, I've had this on preorder since August 2008...Can we please have a released date already?!

StuBurns

Banned
Teetris said:
Is the field beyond the fence explorable? I'm guessing so but looks a bit too good to be true. It also remind me a bit of the SNES mana games
Sure is. Final Fallout Versus XIII.

LiK

razgriz417 said:
sigh, its been how long since this game was announced? I just checked amazon, I've had this on preorder since August 2008...Can we please have a released date already?!

they need to finish FFXIII-2 first! :3

Jerk

Banned
I am not impressed for the most part.

The combat seems like it lacks weight and the party members we know of thus far seem pretty dull. Also of note is the fact that the city sections shown so far seem to be closed-off corridor type areas.

With all that said, I really like what I saw with the more open environments and that dragoon looked pretty badass (hopefully she is a party member).

lastinline said:
Yeah, I just loved the trailer from beginning to end. I was actually amazed that it looks as good as it does. I mean, I always was pulling for Versus, but there was always a doubt that it wouldn't live up to what I wanted it to be. The only thing that pisses me off is... that it's not coming this year. Like... ugh. But, if that means the game will be flat out amazing when it releases, I'm all for it. Nomura, better not let me down.
The issue I'm having is that I can probably count the number of games that have been developed for ages, that I have enjoyed or at least lived upto expectations - on one hand.

I want this game to be amazing, the trailer made it look really good, I just don't know if Square has it in them anymore.

StuBurns

Banned
Kagari, I haven't seen your impressions on the trailer, the game has practically been your religion for the last year or two on here.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Nice trailer, actually has me interested in the game. Still hoping for that 360 announcement :)

May not happen but ill keep the hope alive!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
StuBurns said:
Kagari, I haven't seen your impressions on the trailer, the game has practically been your religion for the last year or two on here.

I will write up some impressions shortly. I've only had 6 hours of sleep for the past 24 hours~ I've been watching it through a few times and there's definitely a lot I would like to address.

LiK

Kagari said:
I will write up some impressions shortly. I've only had 6 hours of sleep for the past 24 hours~ I've been watching it through a few times and there's definitely a lot I would like to address.

massive panda eyes @_@

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
StuBurns said:
Sure is. Final Fallout Versus XIII.
Heh, I actually thought of Oblivion when I saw the scene too. The bigger the exploration fields the better.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
From that trailer i kinda wish the game had a combat system similar to FF12, that part in the grassy field with the dragon looked like something straight out of FF12! :D

The set-pieces and storytelling seem good from that trailer. And the mechas look awesome.:lol

TreIII

It'll definitely be something else when this game FINALLY comes out. Til then, at least I got Type 0 to keep me company... ^_^

Ok saw part of the video so far and am interested. What is the whole versus thing all about and what's its relation to FFXIII beyond being a part of the Nova Crystal-whatever monicker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom