• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2K + Rockstar Xbox Live Sale

From now until January 31st:
Borderlands
Zombie Island of Dr Ned - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%
New Revolution - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%
Secret Armory of General Knoxx - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%
Underdome - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%
Bandit Mask - Regular Price: 160 Sale: 80 Save: 50%
Moxxi Hat - Regular Price: 160 Sale: 80 Save: 50%

Bioshock 2
Minerva's Den - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%
Sinclair Solutions - Regular Price: 400 Sale: 200 Save: 50%
Rapture Metro - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%
Protector Trials - Regular Price: 400 Sale: 200 Save: 50%
Prototype Big Daddy Outfit M - Regular Price: 320 Sale: 160 Save: 50%
Prototype Big Daddy Outfit F - Regular Price: 320 Sale: 160 Save: 50%
Big Sister Helmet - Regular Price: 160 Sale: 80 Save: 50%

GTA IV
The Lost and Damned - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%
The Ballad of Gay Tony - Regular Price: 1600 Sale: 800 Save: 50%

Red Dead Redemption
Undead Nightmare Collection (Undead Nightmare, Legends & Killers + Liars & Cheats) - Regular Price: 1600 Sale: 1000 Save: 38%
Undead Nightmare Pack - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%
Legends & Killers - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%
Liars & Cheats - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%
Armadillo Undead Outfit M - Regular Price: 320 Sale: 160 Save: 50%
Armadillo Undead Outfit F - Regular Price: 320 Sale: 160 Save: 50%
Lasso - Regular Price: 240 Sale: 120 Save: 50%

Mafia 2
Jimmy's Vendetta - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%
Joe's Adventure - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%
Fedora - Regular Price: 160 Sale: 80 Save: 50%
Vito's Outfit M - Regular Price: 240 Sale: 120 Save: 50%
Vito's Outfit F - Regular Price: 240 Sale: 120 Save: 50%

NBA 2K11
NBA 2K11 Slam Dunk - Regular Price: 240 Sale: 120 Save: 50%
Los Angeles Lakers NBA Jersey M - Regular Price: 240 Sale: 120 Save: 50%
Los Angeles Lakers NBA Jersey F - Regular Price: 240 Sale: 120 Save: 50%
Boston Celtics NBA Jersey M - Regular Price: 240 Sale: 120 Save: 50%
Boston Celtics NBA Jersey F - Regular Price: 240 Sale: 120 Save: 50%

Midnight Club LA
South Central Ultimate Content Pack - Regular Price: 1000 Sale: 500 Save: 50%

XBLA
Axel & Pixel - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%
The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%

Xbox Originals
GTA San Andreas - Regular Price: 1200 Sale: 600 Save: 50%
Max Payne - Regular Price: 1200 Sale: 600 Save: 50%
Max Payne 2 - Regular Price: 1200 Sale: 600 Save: 50%
Sid Meier's Pirates! - Regular Price: 1200 Sale: 600 Save: 50%
http://majornelson.com/archive/2011/01/25/save-up-to-50-on-popular-2k-and-rockstar-content.aspx

Gowans

That's one good sale.

& I thought I got a deal on Undead Nightmare at Christmas.

I wish there Minervas Den was standalone badly as that what jumps out for me.

Also screw they Xbox Originals give us this gen Games on Demand sales like they did on PSN the other week MS.

Hmm.... After hearing about all the Game of the Year awards for Red Dead, I do intend to play it this year. However, I was planning on waiting for some kind of GOTY/complete pack like GTA got.... maybe I should bite on the Zombie collection and just buy the regular Red Dead, rather than waiting on a complete edition that might never arrive.

Decisions, decisions.

Bioshock 2
Minerva's Den - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%

GTA IV
The Lost and Damned - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%

Red Dead Redemption
Undead Nightmare Pack - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%

XBLA
The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom - Regular Price: 800 Sale: 400 Save: 50%

Everyone should buy/play these games.

Larsen B

Dead Man Typing said:
Hmm.... After hearing about all the Game of the Year awards for Red Dead, I do intend to play it this year. However, I was planning on waiting for some kind of GOTY/complete pack like GTA got.... maybe I should bite on the Zombie collection and just buy the regular Red Dead, rather than waiting on a complete edition that might never arrive.

Decisions, decisions.

I'm doing exactly this and the chances of there not being a Red Dead Redemption GOTY pack is practically non-existent.

All depends on how much you can buy the vanilla version for.

Kajiba

Good deals going on right now. Got some of that Bioshock 2 deals. Still trying to decide if I should get The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom. Have to the 31st to make up my mind.

stuminus3

What's the difference between "Undead Nightmare Collection" and "Undead Nightmare Pack"?

I might finally grab that Midnight Club DLC at that price.

stuminus3 said:
What's the difference between "Undead Nightmare Collection" and "Undead Nightmare Pack"?

The Undead Nightmare Collection contains the Undead Nightmare Pack, Liars and Cheats Pack & Legends and Killers Pack.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Damn, I shouldn't have bought the Undead Nightmare pack during the Holiday sale. Would have saved 200 points.

Keio

For a Finer World
Read a few reviews of Axel & Pixel and decided to grab it. It might be a fun "family game".

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Will take this opportunity to get the Mafia II DLC since I already had the game on 360 so I didn't bother to get the game + DLC in the Steam sale.

Kafel said:
Oh I forgot about Axel & Pixel. How was that game ?

Excellent, short but sweet. Some neat puzzles, a really cool art style that reminded me almost of the Monty Python animation segments, really cute characters. Only maybe 3 hours long, but at $5 that's a good value.

So whats the deal with undead nightmare? If you download it on XBLA you need RDR to play it but if you buy the disc its stand alone?

Otacon

Lostconfused said:
So whats the deal with undead nightmare? If you download it on XBLA you need RDR to play it but if you buy the disc its stand alone?
yes, just like the dl versions of lost&damned and gay tony compared to episodes of liberty city
standalone disc vs. dl expansion of the main game

tjohn86

Has there been any mention of RDR Ultimate edition or anything? I hate having to pick up that much DLC individually.

tmarques

Does anyone else find it difficult to jump back into a game you put aside several weeks or months ago? I'd have jumped on the GTA and Bioshock 2 expansions back when I was still playing them, but right now the idea doesn't excite me regardless of price.

I too decided to wait for a "complete edition" of RDR since my backlog could easily keep me busy for another year... but this is tempting. Damn.

Bread

Banned
I've been thinking about repurchasing GTA4, and I never played Lost and the Damned, so that seems like a pretty good deal at 5 bucks. I wish they discounted GTA4 games on demand though.

also does anyone know what "nba 2k11 slam dunk" is?

SlickVic

Might jump on the Undead Nightmare pack even though I don't have the game yet. Figure waiting for the game itself to drop to $20 in a few months and having this for $5 is faster than waiting for a GOTY edition for the same price (don't really want the MP content).

Massa

tjohn86 said:
Has there been any mention of RDR Ultimate edition or anything? I hate having to pick up that much DLC individually.

Just get the $5 DLC and the game, the others are just multiplayer DLC.

elektrixx

Banned
That was good. Buying New Revolution, Minerva's Den and Undead Nighmare Collection fit in nicely with downloading the Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm content.

tmarques

SlickVic said:
Might jump on the Undead Nightmare pack even though I don't have the game yet. Figure waiting for the game itself to drop to $20 in a few months and having this for $5 is faster than waiting for a GOTY edition for the same price (don't really want the MP content).

That's what I was thinking, but what if it gets a 2nd SP add-on, like GTA4?

bigpumbaa

Saw this and picked up both Mafia II packs, Undead Nightmare, and PB Winterbottom. On top of the Dance Central DLC.

Not bad for the price of a DS game.

First time I've been able to take advantage of the Deals on XBLA in a while.

Z_Y

Shit. These DLC sales are putting pressure on my backlog. The big sale on ME2 DLC inspired me to go back and play though ME1 again
so that I could save Wrex this time
before ME2.

I got Bioshock 2 for Christmas so the DLC is very tempting...but I don't want to drop a ton of points on a game I may not get to for another couple of months. :-/ Is Minerva's Den the only non MP focused DLC? The description for The Protector Trials could go either way, tbh.

Also...I've never bought a Xbox Original or a GoD...but I was just pricing both Max Payne's last week on Amazon. Still can get used physical copies cheaper. 400 points each and I probably would have bit.

Going to get Undead Nightmare for sure, I passed it up last time it was on sale and kind of regretted it. I'm also thinking about buying Pirates! for like the 10th time in my life, such an addicting game.

bryehn said:
I really liked it, not overly challenging, but a very nice and pleasant atmosphere.
I felt the same about A&P. Decent point and click adventure but yes simple. I really liked the characters so had a good time with it.

All the GOTY talk about how good Minerva Den is has got me wanting that. Also Joes adventure I played through and finished Mafia 2 and thought Joe was one of the best videogame characters of the year. But the game was so so but for 5 bucks I'll pick it up.

LosDaddie

Banned
Seep said:
Is it worth getting the undead collection for red dead?

Most people seem to be very high on the DLC. The Giantbomb guys spent a lot of time talking about it in their GotY discussions.

That's really the only reason why I'm going to buy Undead Nightmare Pack. For $5, I don't see it being much of a gamble either.

Drunkenthumbmaster said:
All the GOTY talk about how good Minerva Den is has got me wanting that. .

I'd buy it if it were a standalone product. I have no interest in buying Bioshock2 though.

Top Bottom