• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2K + Rockstar Xbox Live Sale

Mifune

Mehmber
Man, I want Undead Nightmare and Minerva's Den. Those are great deals.

The only issue is hard drive space. I'm still rocking a 20 GB.

I almost thought about buying Max Payne 2, but then I didn't buy Ballad of Gay Tony instead.

Totally splurging on Breach tomorrow or whenever though. And Hydrophobia on the 31st. And Stacking on the xth.

LosDaddie said:
Most people seem to be very high on the DLC. The Giantbomb guys spent a lot of time talking about it in their GotY discussions.

I'd buy it if it were a standalone product. I have no interest in buying Bioshock2 though.

Yeah I have a copy of Bioshock 2 so it's no brainer for me. Don't think i'd go buy a copy for more than 10 bucks to get it.
Mifune said:
Man, I want Undead Night
aremand
Minerva's Den. Those are great deals.
The only issue is hard drive space. I'm still rocking a 20 GB.

go buy a flash drive.

Bought Minerva's Den, playing in a few minutes :)

Going to tidy up on the Borderlands DLC (I bought two of them for 400 previously)

Might get Winterbottom, as people keep saying it is good

I already own GTA Episodes, and Undead Nightmare

And, like that, 1600MP gone *poof*

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
gdt5016 said:
Bought Minerva's Den, how long is that, btw?

3-4 hours, maybe?

It's basically the length of two full levels in Bioshock 2.

Minamu said:
Should I buy all the RDR dlc or just UN? Don't have the game yet :p

The other DLC only really matters if you play multiplayer, and even thought the multi is fun, it takes a few like minded friends to get the best out of it.

LQX

Damn, just bought Minerva's Den last month. Its worth though, about 4-6 hours long and very interesting. Buy it.

Meier

Damn, bought Undead Nightmare for 800 already.. haven't played it yet though. I think I'll pick up Minerva's Den.

I was hoping Costume Quest was published by them.. guess I will have to buy it on PSN.

Hey You

Minamu said:
Should I buy all the RDR dlc or just UN? Don't have the game yet :p
Yeah, as said above if you like multiplayer go for it!

The Undead Nightmare Collection is you get all the DLC. I think you save 800 Microsoft Points when you buy the collection as opposed to getting the DLC individually.

A note for PAL gamers, Max Payne 1 and 2 don't support 60hz. So if your 360 is connected via a VGA cable(and some TV's via HDMI), they wont play.

There are a bunch of Xbox 1 games like this, including Halo 1. So if Halo 1 works on your set up, you can play the Max Payne games.

San Andreas is fine, and I don't know about Pirates.

Articalys

If I can only get one of the two GTA episodes which would be recommended? I know they're both supposed to be good but L&D involves motorcycles a lot and I didn't like those in the main game.

Z_Y

Articalys said:
If I can only get one of the two GTA episodes which would be recommended? I know they're both supposed to be good but L&D involves motorcycles a lot and I didn't like those in the main game.

Motorcycles were much improved in L&D. I havent finished Gay Tony yet but you can't go wrong with L&D for $5. I thought it was great.

I'd be interested in one of the Borderland DLCs, but someone told me General Knoxx is the best one, and it's not listed for the sale.

I bought Bioshock 2 last year and have yet to open it (I have a reason, but has nothing to do with the game itself), but this thread sold me on Minerva's Den. DLing now.

Ferny

Just picked up RDR Undead Nightmare for a great, great price. If I had Bioshock 2 I might have jumped on the DLC but no such luck.

Drunkenthumbmaster said:
Is the sale for the week?

This the the current developer week long sale. Activision was 2 weeks ago, then EA, and now Rockstar.

I think I heard someone say Capcom is up next (not sure about that)

SlickVic

tmarques said:
That's what I was thinking, but what if it gets a 2nd SP add-on, like GTA4?

Hmm, I thought I read something on Undead Nightmare being the final DLC for the game but can't seem to find that link anymore. If they are doing some more SP content then maybe it would be better to wait for a GOTY edition.

SlickVic

The Faceless Master said:
so who controls these sales? because the Activision one blew, but the EA and T2 ones are actually not bad...

My guess would be publishers. It felt like a lot of the lousy deals in the Steam holiday sale were typically Activision stuff.

Rlan

The weird thing about stuff on the Xbox Marketplace and sales is that it's always just XBLA games and downloadable content.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is on Games On Demand for $39.99. Why not put THAT on sale?

Top Bottom