• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sales: MoH And NFS = 5+ Million, FIFA11 = 11.5 Million, Dead Space 2 = 2 Million

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems that both Medal of Honor and Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit have done really well.

EA Press said:
Two of our third quarter frontline titles, Medal of Honor™ and Need For Speed™ Hot Pursuit, sold in more than five million units to date.
Source: http://news.ea.com/portal/site/ea/i...gId=1012492&newsId=20110201007369&newsLang=en

Update:

VG247 said:
FIFA 11 has now sold more than 11.5 million units, a 16 percent increase over the 2010 version, the company said in a call following the release of the figures.

Madden 11 has now sold over 5.5 million units. Sales of over 5 million units were achieved by five games last year, the publisher said.

EA COO John Schappert said that Dead Space 2 was “approaching 2 million units sold-in”: the Visceral horror sequel released last week. The sequel is outselling the original 2:1.
Source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/02/01/ea-q3-results-moh-and-hot-pursuit-sell-over-5-million/

We got more numbers.

Full list:

FIFA 11: 11.5 Million Sold
Madden 11: 5.5 Million Sold
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit: 5+ Million Shipped
Medal of Honor: 5+ Million Shipped
Dead Space 2: 2 Million Shipped

This means that Dead Space 2 has basically shipped as much as Dead Space 1's LTD in a single week.

JdFoX187

Banned
Glad to hear it for Hot Pursuit. Perhaps now EA will return to the formula more often and push quality NFS titles again. Haven't tried Medal of Honor yet. I bought it at $40 from Amazon's B2G1 and have yet to open it.

Xater

Good for Criterion. I would have no problem with them doing another NFS as long as they are given two years. Even Criterion can probably not work their magic in just a year.

stuminus3

They should invest some of the profits in some kind of technology that lets you skip all the bullshit in Hot Pursuit. Like an A button, or an X button. Some way to stop making me hate unlocking new cars. This was a problem with the Burnout games too.

Xater

I am actually surprised by the MOH numbers. Game seemed really meh to me. Didn't by it and even I got suckered into getting Blops.

Xater said:
I am actually surprised by the MOH numbers. Game seemed really meh to me. Didn't by it and even I got suckered into getting Blops.
You missed out on an excellent single player campaign.

I won't comment on the multiplayer, though.

angelfly

Good to NFS did so well. After the last few games I had lost hope that EA would ever make another one as good as or better than Most Wanted. Well deserved sales.

Neuromancer said:
You missed out on an excellent single player campaign.

I won't comment on the multiplayer, though.

I know people who loved MP - didn't touch it myself, because I absolutely hated the SP. It seems it really did divide opinion, which is actually a really good thing.

Dennis

Banned
I am glad for MoH although there are a lot of improvements to be made for the sequel.

But let them breathe down CODs neck. I like Military Shooter Dudebro games so I am happy.

Haven't played NFS: Hot Pants.

Is it like a poor mans Test Drive Unlimited?

DennisK4 said:
Haven't played NFS: Hot Pants.

Is it like a poor mans Test Drive Unlimited?
Not at all. There is nothing to do in free ride and most of the races are pretty linear, point to point type deals. TDU kicks the pants off it.

Saty

Is it really a big deal \ testament for the quality of the game that NFS sold this much? Didn't the last Blackbox's NFS game did around the same figures? The franchise will sell no matter what.

Hot Pursuit has been hovering at $40 since launch (thanks Black Friday!) and MOH is currently sitting pretty at $25 on Amazon. It's not too big of a surprise that they are moving a lot of copies.

If they were $60 I probably wouldn't have bought them, but prices as they are, I ended up buying both last month.

I loved the campaign gameplay in MOH, but the cinematics were ridiculous and cliche. I honestly got burned out on Hot Pursuit rather quickly (no pun intended). The environments were too repetitve and boring and "free roam" was a total waste without any progression or races :/ I played for about 6 hours and spent the last 3 doing the exact same stuff over and over - called it quits.

I'm a huge fan of Shift and I'm excited for Shift 2 more than any other racer at this point.

Hmm what will EA take away from this?

It couldn't be that when games are priced reasonably (both had high profile $35/$40 price drops at multiple times) people buy those games, could it?

When will publishers get it that the $60 model does not work for every single title.

Teetris said:
Sequels sequels sequels baby

yeah, full price sequels.

$40 should be doable with reasonable budgets and enough promotion.

I wonder what MoH would have sold at a solid $60 all holiday. Probably half as many.

DMeisterJ said:
Really good numbers for BeardMedal of Honor. Surprised it sold so much.

The single player is actually really fun. The multiplayer is dog doo doo though. And the single player isn't worth buying it for.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Xater said:
Good for Criterion. I would have no problem with them doing another NFS as long as they are given two years. Even Criterion can probably not work their magic in just a year.
Isn't the current plan alternating between Shift and arcade-style insanity?

careful

Team Klimt said:
Hot Pursuit has been hovering at $40 since launch (thanks Black Friday!) and MOH is currently sitting pretty at $25 on Amazon. It's not too big of a surprise that they are moving a lot of copies.

If they were $60 I probably wouldn't have bought them, but prices as they are, I ended up buying both last month.
Exactly. I don't know if EA was maybe experimenting with lower price points to see if the sales would be significantly affected.

drkOne

Give me more NFS goodness with this quality at heavily discounted prices and I'll keep on buying, EA.
£10, such a steal!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
whatevermort said:
I know people who loved MP - didn't touch it myself, because I absolutely hated the SP. It seems it really did divide opinion, which is actually a really good thing.

I had quite a bit of fun with MP. The design of the maps was such that there was constant action, which I appreciated. There weren't as many "no fucking way" kills as in other games, which I appreciated. Still, very few maps, terrible clan support, etc killed it off.

Enosh

wow, didn't expect those numbers for MoH given the reviews and peoples impressions

nice to see NFS:HP do well too ^^

Roche

That's really awesome, I'm glad EA are finding success now that they are no longer the big evil publisher on the block.

SonOfABeep said:
The single player is actually really fun. The multiplayer is dog doo doo though. And the single player isn't worth buying it for.
Weren't their recent job postings that hinted that the next one would have both singleplayer and multiplayer developed by Danger Close rather than split between them and DICE?

Whether that would result in a stronger multiplayer component, I don't know, but at least it probably wouldn't feel like two completely different games.

hamchan

Maybe i'll try MoH now that I can probably get it for cheap. Multiplayer seemed pretty bad from the two betas I participated in.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
More numbers.

VG247 said:
FIFA 11 has now sold more than 11.5 million units, a 16 percent increase over the 2010 version, the company said in a call following the release of the figures.

Madden 11 has now sold over 5.5 million units. Sales of over 5 million units were achieved by five games last year, the publisher said.

EA COO John Schappert said that Dead Space 2 was “approaching 2 million units sold-in”: the Visceral horror sequel released last week. The sequel is outselling the original 2:1.
Source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/02/01/ea-q3-results-moh-and-hot-pursuit-sell-over-5-million/

This means that Dead Space 2 has basically shipped as much as Dead Space 1's LTD in a single week.

knitoe

MoH has a decent single player for FPS, but shit multiplier, bad graphics, guns feel weak and small touches that makes FPS good. For example, you would think having a good cover system would be important in a shooting game, but what's the point of using cover when most of them don't allow you to see / shoot over, but still allow your head / body to stick over and get shot at by your opponents.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Am I wrong in thinking that Madden was a bigger franchise than Fifa a few years ago?

Danielsan said:
Glad to hear Dead Space 2 sold well for them. Fantastic game. I wouldn't mind a third instalment. :)

If there's any justice next time they'll be talking about DS2 selling 5million+. Still it's a great start.

JBuccCP

user_nat said:
Am I wrong in thinking that Madden was a bigger franchise than Fifa a few years ago?
Well Fifa used to suck and Madden used to not suck. That probably has a lot to do with it, along with the decline of PES pushing people to Fifa.

Top Bottom