• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming lines of dialog that you can't get out your head

TunaLover

This thread was a copy inspired by "Gaming lines of dialog that you'd want to be your last words" thread.

Post whatever line you use in recurrent way, or you just repeat it without even thinking.

Right now I can't get out the line
"Must answer my calling"

PC%20Ryfia001-120x.jpg

Arc Rise Fantasia

"Our futures are predestined - Moebius foretold mine a millennium ago. We each play out the parts fate has written for us. We are compelled ineluctably down pre-ordained paths.
Free will is an illusion. "

I don't repeat it (as I could never match it's delivery) but it certainly is in my head. I'm sure its how all the thousand-year-old time-travelling undead monarchs say "Shit happens".

Kard8p3

"I am the origin of life, the devourer of death. I am the hub of the Wheel, the purifying cycle to which all souls must be drawn."

Darklord

Banned
Stop right there criminal scum!
Then pay with your blood!

You even read it in the guards voice.

I won't say it but I always think of it, especially with Skyrim news coming out.

mclem

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you"

"I hope these things aren't like our modern microwaves. Those things could pop a hamster good"

"AVATAR! Know that Britannia has entered into a new age of enlightenment. Know that the time has finally come for the one true lord of Britannia to take His place at the head of His people. Under my guidance, Britannia will flourish, and all the people will rejoice, and pay homage to their new Guardian.

Know that you too will kneel before me, Avatar. You too will soon acknowledge my authority. For I will be your companion. Your... provider. And... your master! AHAHAHAHAHA(etc)"

Mr_Elysia

The whole conversation with (Mass Effect Spoiler)
Sovereign
on Virmire. Probably my favorite moment in gaming. I can't quote it verbatim but I will occasionally go back and watch it, which isn't something I do with any other game.

pvpness

"Dis riv'a gonna run red wit yo blud!"

Last Alert - Turbografx CD

"Greetings Warlord"

Warlords II Deluxe - PC

"Time is of the essence!"

Wizard Order unit from Lords of Magic - PC

It's usually how the stuff is said that sticks with me.

Guevara

"This little fishy looks like he just got his cherry popped."

ALSO: I want to take the ears off, but I can't.

I Want To Take the Ears Off! PLEASE TAKE THEM OFFF!!! PLEASE!!!

sonicmj1

"You asked for it... more bombs!"
- Fatman, MGS2

I kept saying this to myself every time I found bombs in Spelunky, even though I hated Fatman and I hated that boss fight. I couldn't stop myself from recalling that torment.

What is wrong with me...

Ferrio

Banned
"... too soon Executus" - Raganaros

Ragnaros.jpg

That line is going to be with me forever. Everytime someone says "too soon" it repeat it.

For some reason I often remember the Protoss Zealot saying "What man calls?" I guess a lot of Starcraft one-liners have stuck with me.

.GqueB.

Banned
AND IM OUTTA GUM!!!

I know this isnt a gaming line exclusively but I say this at least 3 times a week....

and Ive never even played the game.

slit

"Here's a riddle: When is a croquet mallet like a billy club? I'll tell you: whenever you want it to be."

Also:

"Put that down, you don't have enough scarabs!"

McNum

"Yaaay!" - Aika, Skies of Arcadia
I catch myself saying that far more often than I should. Also from Skies of Arcadia, while not spoken is this little gem:

"Impossible is a word people use to feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse
Granted, you have to consider the source, but it's a fun thing to keep in mind.

Other than that...

"HADOKEN!" "SHORYUKEN!" "TATSUMA..." Okay just Hadoken and Shoryuken. The Tastsumaki Senkyuaku or what it's called is too weird to say.

Mr_Elysia

sonicmj1 reminded me (yes I know, the irony)of one I find myself saying sometimes. From Metal Gear's Fatman.
"Laugh, and grow fat."

Edit: Yes I know it was coined much earlier, but it fits the thread.

Mama Robotnik said:
"Our futures are predestined - Moebius foretold mine a millennium ago. We each play out the parts fate has written for us. We are compelled ineluctably down pre-ordained paths.
Free will is an illusion. "

I don't repeat it (as I could never match it's delivery) but it certainly is in my head. I'm sure its how all the thousand-year-old time-travelling undead monarchs say "Shit happens".

I prefer:

Kain said:
But suppose you throw a coin enough times... Suppose one day, it lands on its edge

From Soul Reaver 2

aparisi2274

The line that Barry says to Jill in the beginning of Resident Evil when he gives her the lock pick... something about her being a master unlocker

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Shazbot! - Tribes

I don't really understand the nature of the topic. Do you guys constantly think of videogame scripts or something?

Neiteio

The best one is from God of War 3. If you've played it to the end, you'll know the inflection:

"GAIA?! YOU. LIVE?!"

Also, in MGS4, when Otacon's explaining shit in the helicopter as they fly out of South America at the end of Chapter 2, and Raiden's all weak on the helicopter floor, and Snake pops out of the corner crouching and goes, "Whaddaya mean?"

Always cracked me up. I picture him popping up to say that everytime someone's confused.

Also, I wish I could quote Nigel West Dickens from Read Dead Redemption. Anything he says, really -- it's all gold. :)

Top Bottom