• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition |OT| Lets take this outside!

Enk

makes good threads.
Good games, Lyte! Tried sending you a message after but oh no, it doesn't allow you to do that (hopefully they'll patch it in an update later). The game plays as good as I hoped but man my hands get cramped up, especially with the sharp nubs at the bottoms of the unit. I had to move the HP and HK buttons to the touchscreen since I wasn't able to pull off most of the moves with the triggers.

Can you send a friend an invite to start a game in game or outside?

Ugh.. They got the whole 'Hey i can see them online and see what they are playing' part but not the whole 'invite them to a game and/or send them a message'

Terrible :(

robut said:
It's a great port and everything but I just can't play it. I was happy when I heard the dpad was clicky so I was thinking of a CVS on NGPC experience but it's not to be: the d-pad is too small and slippery and the slide pad thing has no centering. I played for over an hour, offline and online and I just can't go for a casual Street Fighter experience any more after investing so much time into getting shit down on the console version. Still looking forward to DOA though.

Im hitting combos online really easily. :)

Teknoman

TurtleSnatcher said:
Can you send a friend an invite to start a game in game or outside?

Ugh.. They got the whole 'Hey i can see them online and see what they are playing' part but not the whole 'invite them to a game and/or send them a message'

Terrible :(

Im hitting combos online really easily. :)

I think they are supposed to add that in an update.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Maybe we will see a new soul calibur on this bad boy. The four button layout would work well.

Are 3ds games updateable? Can they release patches that sit in the onboard memory?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Enk said:
Good games, Lyte! Tried sending you a message after but oh no, it doesn't allow you to do that (hopefully they'll patch it in an update later). The game plays as good as I hoped but man my hands get cramped up, especially with the sharp nubs at the bottoms of the unit. I had to move the HP and HK buttons to the touchscreen since I wasn't able to pull off most of the moves with the triggers.

GG!

Yeah, when I was using T. Hawk in particular my hands were really hurting, LOL. I changed the controls to the lights and hards on the face buttons, and the medium attacks on the shoulders. Made things easier. Also I switch back and forth between the d-pad and analog pad for different moves. The hardest move to do on the 3DS is Cammy's Hooligan, IMO.

idacat

I haven't played a fighting game (aside from smash bros, but that ones different) for so long, but i bought this cuz this was the best reviewed. and i just suck at this game, cannot pull off any of the moves, and now my thumb hurts and i still cant even perform shoryuken, the direction buttons just dun make sense to me...

idacat said:
I haven't played a fighting game (aside from smash bros, but that ones different) for so long, but i bought this cuz this was the best reviewed. and i just suck at this game, cannot pull off any of the moves, and now my thumb hurts and i still cant even perform shoryuken, the direction buttons just dun make sense to me...
Use lite mode then?

Just don't be a guile player who does walk up Flash kick.. UGHHHHHHHHHHH

entremet

TurtleSnatcher said:
Use lite mode then?

Or any charge character. Boxer and Dictator are going to be so broken as well in Lite mode.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I suck at fightning games, i cant remember the combo moves of every characters, and i dont want to stick to a single one so i can become a pro with just that one guy. :( So i just end up putting random combinations of moves hoping for some combos i dont know about, works sometimes, but definitely not something i would recommend for online lol.

Bisnic said:
I suck at fightning games, i cant remember the combo moves of every characters, and i dont want to stick to a single one so i can become a pro with just that one guy. :( So i just end up putting random combinations of moves hoping for some combos i dont know about, works sometimes, but definitely not something i would recommend for online lol.

Use Blanka or E.Honda at online mode with Lite mode, and you will probably has 30% chance to win even match with superb player. :D

Zomba13

Hex said:
It is case sensitive , don't know if it is a region thing though.
Yeah, entered it in the right case. I had a feeling they'd do something like that with the games now they are region locked, make promo type stuff region exclusive.

EDIT: Odd. I had a thought to make sure I'm connected to the internet so I went into internet match to connect to the servers, exited out and tried again and it worked that time. Maybe you need to be connected to have it work?

Teknoman

TurtleSnatcher said:
Use lite mode then?

I might have to play with lite mode, since i'm not sure how I could set up 3 punch/kick shortcut and do the motions for an ultra.

Teknoman said:
I might have to play with lite mode, since i'm not sure how I could set up 3 punch/kick shortcut and do the motions for an ultra.
You know, I was just having trouble going through the challenge with Ryu that required that specific button combo. Ended up going to 'Pro' mode and using the LP+MP+HP button.

ColtraineGF said:
You know, I was just having trouble going through the challenge with Ryu that required that specific button combo. Ended up going to 'Pro' mode and using the LP+MP+HP button.
Yea thats what i do.. I also sometimes map my fierce buttons off my shoulders and just use the 3P or 3K buttons there since they are almost essentially the same.

dvolovets

I'm not a hardcore Street Fighter gamer by any means, but what's the big deal about only having 6 buttons? I don't use an arcade pad or anything for the 360 version (I know, I know, opinion invalidated, etc), but I actually only use 6 buttons to play the game (A, B, X, Y, LT, RT). Very rarely do I use the other shoulder buttons... but now that I think about it, LT and RT do the same thing, don't they? Why can't one just map LB/RB's default setting to one of the free shoulder buttons on the 3DS?

Teknoman

ColtraineGF said:

After actually trying to play using pro mode, pressing those shortcuts doesnt seem that bad.

One question though, what happened to the USA diner theme? Every other original SFIV and SSFIV theme is in game, but USA diner seems totally different, its like the same initial beat plays over and over again.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Yea thats what i do.. I also sometimes map my fierce buttons off my shoulders and just use the 3P or 3K buttons there since they are almost essentially the same.

It might be better to do that, since it would be much easier to do EX attacks as well.

I only play pro mode online.

I do okay pretty good against most people but like the 360 version I struggle a bit when I come up against a very good E Honda or Blanka.

I play with Ken.

DustinC

Really impressed by how smooth the online is in this. Played a few rounds so far tonight, and outside of a match against a Blanka player that was a little laggy, it's been a great experience so far. I thankfully haven't ran into spammers so far in lite mode, but I'm sure that'll change.

Quick question: Is there a way to show inputs in challenge mode without going into the menu to look at the command list? I thought you could do this in the home versions, but I can't figure out a way to do it here.

Been playing a bit too much..

haha

ZpxRu.jpg

dvolovets said:
I'm not a hardcore Street Fighter gamer by any means, but what's the big deal about only having 6 buttons? I don't use an arcade pad or anything for the 360 version (I know, I know, opinion invalidated, etc), but I actually only use 6 buttons to play the game (A, B, X, Y, LT, RT). Very rarely do I use the other shoulder buttons... but now that I think about it, LT and RT do the same thing, don't they? Why can't one just map LB/RB's default setting to one of the free shoulder buttons on the 3DS?

I don't have this game but I'm guessing the issue is 6 face buttons and that the triggers use the PPP and KKK macros.

Six face buttons are easier to deal with in this particular fighting game because you can rely solely on your thumb to change strengths of your attack. And the problem with the macros is typically if you use them for special moves, if you have ex bar, you will automatically get their ex version of their attack. So you don't have full access to a character's special move variety.

The touchscreen isn't really that bad imo. I have 2 as HP, X as MP, and Y as LP, then the bottom numbers and 4 for the kicks. I'm not very at this game though so meh.. Is Guy a pretty decent fighter? I'm used to playing as Ken, but I want to try someone else.

Teknoman

DryEyeRelief said:
I don't have this game but I'm guessing the issue is 6 face buttons and that the triggers use the PPP and KKK macros.

Six face buttons are easier to deal with this particular fighting game because you can rely solely on your thumb to change strengths of your attack. And the problem with the macros is typically if you use them for special moves, if you have ex bar, you will automatically get their ex version of their attack. So you don't have full access to a character's special move variety.

After playing with pro mode for awhile, the 3P 3K shortcuts arent that bad, you just have to be a little firm when pressing on the touch screen. About the same as pressing a normal button.

Hex said:
Not sure if anyone posted it yet, here is the special Chun Li Statue code from TGS

zAAkcHVbHk
Hey, thanks for that. Works for my PAL copy.

Is there a list with all the statue codes somewhere? I think I've seen some in various 3DS threads but I'm just hoping somebody consolidated them.

Figurine codes that I stole and fixed up from Gamefaqs:

All of them are L7!

Blanka
DmdkeRvbxc

E. Honda
uUDsTlmbUN (lower case L)

Silver Ibuki - ilMsRBabpB (el)

Silver Makoto - GHakWCTbsl (el)

Silver Juri – OfQkARpbJR

Gold Ryu – KjckTnSbwK

Gold Zangief – hinsVnebTu

Silver Gouki (Akuma) – RYSsPxSbTh

Silver Chun-Li - tLWkWvrblz (el)

Gold Guile - qeJkznDbKE

Silver Ken - NyosHgybuW

Gold Vega (Dictator) - CgIsQNWbHu (cap eye)

Silver Rose - GKkkXXtbSe

Silver Balrog (Claw) - PqUswOobWG

Silver Cody - naMkEQgbQG

Silver Sakura - uzTsXzIbKn (cap eye)

Special Gouki (Akuma) - uQHkWgYbJC

Silver Dan – rDRkkSIbqS (cap eye)

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
I was just about to post this:
FHhh7.jpg

which I got off a sign over in Yamada Denki.

But the post above this one already has it, and many more!

So it's just here so that my trouble did not go to waste :3=

Alrus

Trials has me completely stuck, starting to get frustrated because I don't feel I'm making any progress... Is there any secret to linking I don't know? It feels so random right now, like sometimes I feel like I did the exact same thing but one time it worked and the other time it didn't...

Alrus said:
Trials has me completely stuck, starting to get frustrated because I don't feel I'm making any progress... Is there any secret to linking I don't know? It feels so random right now, like sometimes I feel like I did the exact same thing but one time it worked and the other time it didn't...
SF4 does not allow you to do 2 cancels in a row. If the trial is say, LP, LP, LP, QCF+P, then you'll usually have to use link the jabs (that is wait until the previous one recovers) and then cancel the last jab into the QCF move.

I played about 20mins today the 3D is cool but it's so hard to play with the dpad. I only played 1 online it was pretty smooth.

Ninja Dom

Hi Guys,

I'm loving this game so far.

I've done a side by side comparison with Street Fighter 4 running on an iPhone 4 and the 3DS version is far superior in animation. Only the volume level on the iPhone 4 is better.

If you look on your 3DS Friends List and see your friend is online playing, how do you join them?

Did anybody else just receive a welcome Spotpass message from Capcom? (I'm in the UK.)

It's the first message I have received that wasn't either a Streetpass notification or an explanation of a 3DS feature.

Said to expect future news, figurines, as well as other stuff. Tease.

jtrov

I am absolutely loving this game on the 3DS. I'm loving the way the 3D looks in general, especially in the backgrounds. I've only played a few Trials and Online Matches so far, but I'm truly shocked at how well the game runs online on the 3DS. I haven't had a laggy match yet.

My only struggle is performing moves with charge characters. I'm also still trying to figure out which I'm more comfortable with, the circle pad, or d-pad. Regardless, I'm having too much fun having a console like experience on my 3DS.

I don't know how the friend stuff works, but if anyone wants a punching bag, I'm always down to play. Just let me know how to set it up.

Yea got a message from Capcom. Spiffy.

I can't get street pass to work for SSF4.. Not sure why =[ I set it up and it says I don't need to have SSF4 working and BuddyC is sitting next to me and we can't get it to work. Damn you worlds.

Dartastic

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, butttt...
Eurogamer & Ono said:
Eurogamer: Do you see a future when you'll be able to play Street Fighter on a home console and then transport your profile onto a handheld when you leave the home and continue playing? Is cross-platform play between home and portable consoles possible?

Yoshinori Ono: Yeah, I think we're probably three months too early to answer that question. But if you're going to be at E3, see you there.
INTERESTING.

Top Bottom