• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition |OT| Lets take this outside!

ShinNL

Rant: quick game has a lot more players than custom game, but it's freaking plagued by charge-negating cheaters. F this shit, capcom ruined a good game by adding this bullshit. I'm at a point where I just disconnect if I see any more of this forward walking charge shooting blue auto-blocking crap. If I feel like making these idiots a living hell, I just turn my wireless on and off, freezing the game but never disconnecting. If they waste my time, I'll waste theirs.

I'm planning to pick this up when Zelda comes out.

Just wondering, is there any word on possible DLC like costumes and especially the extra characters in the Arcade Edition?

I remember Ono saying it could happen.

Would love if the new patch would also come out for 3DS.

It doesn't seem like there's been any news on this front.

Considering the 3DS shop has just opened, I just hope it's on its way.

The Hermit

Soneet said:
You have to tilt the D-pad from the center. If you don't have enough time you're probably not rocking your thumb enough and making too much excess movement.

Here's a video I made of how I control the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12N5My6Sago

How's you controller setup? Did you changed the buttons or the shoulders are still fierce k & P?

My hand sucks so I use the shoulder for Throw/Focus, but the 3k and 3p are farther so I have trouble doing Viper's cancels...

After seeing Tekken 3DS, I sort of wish Capcom would do an AE port for 3DS with 60fps 3D and animated bg elements. I'd spend another $40 for that.

ShinNL

Baiano19 said:
How's you controller setup? Did you changed the buttons or the shoulders are still fierce k & P?

My hand sucks so I use the shoulder for Throw/Focus, but the 3k and 3p are farther so I have trouble doing Viper's cancels...
Yeah, I still use the shoulder buttons for HP and HK, but I swapped the two since I've always been used to having punch on the right side, that's all.

I really don't recommend using Throw/Focus on any assigned buttons, those moves can easily performed on the face button by pressing 2 buttons. I can't imagine doing FADC using a 3rd unnecessary button.

New rant: people using charge characters with light mode + changing the match to Best of 1. Scumbags. From now I'll just quit at the 1st round instead of the 2nd one. There's absolutely no difference for me, if I lose I'll lose more than 100 pp, if I disconnect I'll lose 100pp. I feel absolutely no shame for quitting on these losers.

Celine

Soneet said:
Yeah, I still use the shoulder buttons for HP and HK, but I swapped the two since I've always been used to having punch on the right side, that's all.

I really don't recommend using Throw/Focus on any assigned buttons, those moves can easily performed on the face button by pressing 2 buttons. I can't imagine doing FADC using a 3rd unnecessary button.

New rant: people using charge characters with light mode + changing the match to Best of 1. Scumbags. From now I'll just quit at the 1st round instead of the 2nd one. There's absolutely no difference for me, if I lose I'll lose more than 100 pp, if I disconnect I'll lose 100pp. I feel absolutely no shame for quitting on these losers.
Wait until you meet a blanka player that all he does is the electricity move ( and you don't have a character that have a projectile special move ).

DNF

Soneet said:

pfft. just because they aren't using the amount of rounds you like them to use doesn't mean them are the scumbags. you can just set the amount of rounds you want in the options.

oh you little disconnect-kiddies, never short of an excuse why you rage-quitted.

Clunker

Yeah, my general frustration with Lite mode spammers is what pushes me to play almost entirely Pro mode. Though it is comforting to occasionally whoop players who spam the same moves endlessly, I'm still not quite good enough to do so with 100 percent success.

I really, really, really wish that Capcom would update the game to include either some kind of in-game invites to friends online or the option to have a filter for "friends only" in the Arcade mode interrupts. My only major qualm with the game, though I'm still just bitter over lack of any real usability for the online friends list on 3DS. :/

ShinNL

DNF said:
pfft. just because they aren't using the amount of rounds you like them to use doesn't mean them are the scumbags. you can just set the amount of rounds you want in the options.

oh you little disconnect-kiddies, never short of an excuse why you rage-quitted.
Oh shut it.

Clunker said:
Yeah, my general frustration with Lite mode spammers is what pushes me to play almost entirely Pro mode. Though it is comforting to occasionally whoop players who spam the same moves endlessly, I'm still not quite good enough to do so with 100 percent success.

I really, really, really wish that Capcom would update the game to include either some kind of in-game invites to friends online or the option to have a filter for "friends only" in the Arcade mode interrupts. My only major qualm with the game, though I'm still just bitter over lack of any real usability for the online friends list on 3DS. :/
I used to play only in custom Pro mode. The problem is there are waaaaay more players on Quick mode and I'm kinda sick of waiting for players in Pro mode. I don't care that much about a friend list, I hardly used that on the PC version of SF4 except for a few exceptions. But I really wish their play mode is displayed in Quick game so I don't have to bother with these players who insult fighting games in general. I practice combos and matchups for the real thing, so there's absolutely no use in learning nonsense like forward walking Blanka up balls or unlimited Honda moves. What's with the option to active auto blocking for these scrubs anyway? Capcom added a freaking legit cheat mode in the game, if I was to review this game I would dock massive points for this crap. Look, I don't mind welcoming new players, but give me the option to actively see who's using what options before I have to end up facing a select screen with a charge character, sighing, then hoping it does legit charging and when it doesn't happen, WTF do I do as a Pro mode user? Custom mode sounds fine in theory, but in practice there just aren't that many people using custom search themselves.

hamchan

DNF said:

Nah, Lite mode + autoblock + charge character users are horrible. No mercy towards them!

ShinNL

Celine said:
Wait until you meet a blanka player that all he does is the electricity move ( and you don't have a character that have a projectile special move ).
Electricity is a legit move though, so that doesn't belong to the realm of impossibility. More than half the characters I play don't have charge characters, so you have to learn how to punish it (most low kick moves can punish it).

In Quick game I never start off with my main (Guy) but practice with new characters first. After I detect it's a legit player and likes to play more, I switch to my actual characters. Helps a lot. But I feel bad for taking so much PP from legit players and losing them all by disconnecting from cheaters. I hardly ever lose in legit fights, so that's some sort of comfort (10k+ BP Guy, Pro mode only!).

fernoca

Thought this thread would be more active or have a more recent post at least. :p

Anyway, got this as a gift from a friend.
Overall, I'm really impressed. Played a lot of Vanilla SF4 on PS3, not a lot of Super back then.

The visuals are really great and quite close to the bigger-console versions (static backgrounds excluded, but no problems with that). 3D is quite cool, as it adds depth and separates eveything in layers which is a nice look.

Online surprised me, as the moment I went into Arcade Mode, I turned on Online Requests expecting to be interrupted at some point..later. But..hahaha, I couldn't even get into the first match's intro before having 3 different challenges. Played quite well too, with no noticeable lag even when I was quite far from the router (around 20 feet).

Using Pro-setup, found it to be the easiest one for me to play with. Would be cool if they release the AE-update/characters, but they won't. :p

But yep, really impressed by the overall game even with the package. That fatty-full color booklet and the 3D-lenticular slip-cover were nice too. :)

Boney

Banned
fernoca said:
Using Pro-setup, found it to be the easiest one or me to play with. Would be cool if they release the AE-update/characters, but they won't. :p
probably not, here's the last update from it

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/2...s-with-gameplay-mechanics-and-possible-ports/
Trollono said:
And 3DS?

It’s possible. For the 3DS, I wanted to do an [Super Street Fighter IV:] Arcade Edition version, but I haven’t had a chance to do that because of all the other things I’m up to. At the company, we’re debating should we go for an AE port on 3DS? Should we skip that and go straight to Street Fighter x Tekken? There are a lot of things up in the air, so I can’t say for sure what our next 3DS project will be.

What will move the release AE on Nintendo 3DS forward?

This is driven by my personal policy and the team’s policy is once you put out a product you also have to follow up, take care of your audience, and make sure their needs are being met. When we talked at the panel we wanted to get feedback from users on rebalancing and tweaking they would like to see in Arcade Edition.

It would be the same for 3DS, we released Super and we want to make sure people are being taken care of. That’s basically my thought process behind how we take care of fans. We just don’t want to drop a game of them and run away. We’d like to keep the community going, communicate with them, and listen to their requests.

Ydahs

Unfortunately OoT dragged me away from this so I've only put a few hours into it.

Looking to get back into it after I'm done with Chrono Trigger. The game's a lot of fun.

Ew, no thnx to sfxt.

Give me SSF43DAE with 60 fps 3D, animated backgrounds, less laggy netcode and extra special exclusive Poison and I'm there.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone rocking this out in the Japan land?

I've recently moved out to Iwate, and once I have some cashflow coming in, a 3DS might be on the list of luxuries.

Shame about the region protection, but it'd be great to find some GAFfers slugging it out on the go.

Boney said:
Personally, I'd rather them just going directly to SFxT. AE doesn't warrant a retail release on 3DS.

Ditto. I find the talk of supporting the existing fanbase curious, when it would fracture the audience. I really wouldn't want to have buy Arcade Edition (especially considering I just bought it for PC this weekend - dammit EVO) to just be able to find players online (if a lot of people migrated over). Bring Street Fighter x Tekken though.

Played the 3DS version for the first time in months yesterday, once again thanks to EVO, and it was taking a bit of time to find a custom match with Pro Controls. Really hope Pro Control players don't fade out since I hate playing the spammers in the other mode.

Played against a beast Zangief today, completely lag-free. I am not even kidding when I saw this, but I have a better chance of zero lag on this handheld version of the game than any other fighter I've played! Totally weird.

Anyway, new 3DS owners: don't overlook this launch gem. Some of the best visuals and one of the meatiest games out there for the 3DS right now.

Sorry that I'm bumping this thread, but...

Amazon has this $18 right now and I skipped over this at the 3DS launch. Is anyone still playing it? Is there still an active online community in which to find/play matches?

Sorry that I'm bumping this thread, but...

Amazon has this $18 right now and I skipped over this at the 3DS launch. Is anyone still playing it? Is there still an active online community in which to find/play matches?

I just Googled up this thread to ask virtually the same question (although I've had it since launch).

Based on the response you got, I think I have my answer! :(

Edit: Boney, maybe they should just wait for Ultimate Street Fighter x Tekken Arcade Edition (or whatever the final release will be called) for a 3DS version.

mrkgoo

This must've been asked before, but I tried wading through a few pages with no info, so just thought I'd ask again.

I just bought this second hand for my new 3ds xl.

As soo as I plugged it in, it wrote something into extra data (took 1 block, I believe), I remember confirming something.

Then in the game I found the reset all data. So I deleted teh extra data and reset.

But that extra data has never come back. What was it and how would I get it back? Was it something important?

This must've been asked before, but I tried wading through a few pages with no info, so just thought I'd ask again.

I just bought this second hand for my new 3ds xl.

As soo as I plugged it in, it wrote something into extra data (took 1 block, I believe), I remember confirming something.

Then in the game I found the reset all data. So I deleted teh extra data and reset.

But that extra data has never come back. What was it and how would I get it back? Was it something important?

It's just for storing additional save data on your SD card, like StreetPass information waiting to be written to the card itself.

Try going into Options>Data Management in your 3DS menu and see if you have additional data for SSF4 there (under StreetPass management and/or possibly Nintendo 3DS data), and re-delete if you want to have it rewrite to your SD fresh.

mrkgoo

It's just for storing additional save data on your SD card, like StreetPass information waiting to be written to the card itself.

Try going into Options>Data Management in your 3DS menu and see if you have additional data for SSF4 there (under StreetPass management and/or possibly Nintendo 3DS data), and re-delete if you want to have it rewrite to your SD fresh.

No nothing is there because I deleted it.

When I first put the cart in, a message popped up saying it will write something in extra data (and it did, a 1 block file). Then I cleared the cart, figuring I will start fresh. So I also deleted the extra data, thinking it will be rewritten.

But it never was.

I've seen some reports that it may be a networking file required for receiving spotpass at all? I don't know. Just that people who delete may not receive spotpass.

I,m not particularly bothered, but if I,m going to have to do a system restore, I may as well do it now when my DS is new rather than when it's old.

I just purchased this game off the eShop for $19.99!

I always wanted the 3DS version but refused to buy the cart because it's a pick up and play game best suited as a download title in my opinion!

If anyone's up for a rumble, let me know.

Wow, excellent bump. I saw this for a bit over 20 bucks at Fred Meyer. I dont have any fighting games for my 3rd yet... Hadouken!

mrkgoo

I've finally put more time into this and it's fantastic!

Just a question though, the characters have 2 alternate costumes for a total of 3 selectable.

However, while playing a random character I SWEAR I saw a new costume for chun li that's not selectable. Am I mistaken?

If not is there a way to select it or to unlock it?

mrkgoo

What's up with people playing guile on lite controls and sonic booming constantly and a flash kick if you jump? Is this fun for people?

Played three people tonight, all guile all doing the same monotonous thing. Why would you bother playing like that? One even had the gall to use the name "pro only".

I've finally put more time into this and it's fantastic!

Just a question though, the characters have 2 alternate costumes for a total of 3 selectable.

However, while playing a random character I SWEAR I saw a new costume for chun li that's not selectable. Am I mistaken?

If not is there a way to select it or to unlock it?
It's been a long time but I think the 10th color choice on one of her costumes makes it look different. I think Sakura has a similar alternate costume as well.

mrkgoo

It's been a long time but I think the 10th color choice on one of her costumes makes it look different. I think Sakura has a similar alternate costume as well.
Oh cool thanks a lot I'll check it out!

Edit: yeah that's gotta be it, thanks! I swear I was seeing something different at one point.

So do all the characters have a sort of "secret" alternate costume or variation? Or is that unique to chun li?

Top Bottom