• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations Demo included with Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

king zell

189406.jpg

with the release of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D on June 2nd in Japan the game well include the demo for Resident Evil: Revelations

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2011/03/28/48129.html

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
arnoldocastillo2003 said:
Nice addition, will be included in the software or will it have a separate cartridge?

It would be way too expensive to include an extra cart for a demo. I figure it will be on the Mercs cart.

arnoldocastillo2003 said:
Nice addition, will be included in the software or will it have a separate cartridge?
It will most likely be on the cartridge. It makes little sense, from a business and usability standpoint, to create a separate cartridge.

Sadist

Capcom knows how to sell their games.

Mercenaries purchase double confirmed.

Need to watch out for April 1st announcements

Luigiv

rainking187 said:
Wait, there are two Resident Evil games coming out for 3DS? I thought it was just two modes on the same cartridge.
Yeah, Mercenaries 3D is a fleshed out version of 4 and 5's Mecenaries mode that's coming in June whilst Revalations is of course a brand new game which is going to take much more time to release.

Whilst Mercenaries does sound a bit like milking, it's worth pointing out that it wouldn't really fit into Revelations as package, given the two share no content and the gameplay focuses are completely at odds with each other (Mercenaries = action to the "Xtreme"; Revelations = back to horror).

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Oh damn, with online co-op and this now I'm on the fence again. If the price is right, I'll probably end up biting.
Good job, Capcom.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
still cant get over with how good this looks. there's gotta be a catch somewhere...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Yeah, PokeGAF knows Nintendo+Online=:(

I was actually talking more about Capcom releasing something for free when it's a large incentive to buy one of their products.

Luigiv

Yoshichan said:
still cant get over with how good this looks. there's gotta be a catch somewhere...
The catch is that it's guaranteed to look even better when it finally launches. Having seen both Mercenaries (playable) and Revelations (non playable) demos side by side, I was surprised to see that both had about the same level of detail despite Mercenaries sporting much more expansive environments.

Squalltdx

Also realizing the fact that this is only a "1st gen" game, it's pretty exciting to think what we'll be seeing over the next several years on handhelds. I never really planned on getting a 3DS till maybe end of the year/next year, but this game could probably push that time table up.

lupinko

Yay, my first 3DS game! And this one makes me glad I have a NTSCUC 3DS, since the NTSCJ sku will have censored exploding heads.

Cartman86 said:
The game that no one seems to realize exists and is separate from Mercenaries?
No the game everyone should realize is separate unless they have been living under a rock ( or have one of those "lives" things).

Oh god now I hope that MH rumor is true

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Going by Capcom's PR, it looks like Jill is not the only playable character in Revelations:

Purchasers of Resident Evil™: The Mercenaries 3D, scheduled for release in the coming months, will get a taste of the horror to come thanks to the addition of a playable demo of Resident Evil™ Revelations. Set on board an ocean liner, the demo lets players take control of one of the full game’s characters, Jill Valentine, as she explores the ship’s dark interior, killing any mysterious creatures that emerge from the shadows. A brand new title built from the ground up for the Nintendo 3DS, further details on Resident Evil™ Revelations will be revealed at this year’s E3.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425628

cw_sasuke said:
It will be probably the same demo.

Wow. Just saw the PR. It is the same demo. Well, that demo sucked. Hopefully Capcom improves upon it -- maybe actually have some items to pick up or something.

Hixx

Capcom are single handedly raising my interest level in the 3DS back to 'must have one!!!!!' Like they did with RE4 and the gamecube. I ended up quite liking my Gamecube. Hmm.

Alrus

Mafro said:
What rumour?

Supposedly MH 3D was going to be announced by the end of the month or during april. (highly unlikely, it's way to early for capcom to choose a new platform).

Mafro said:
What rumour?
I hear some people on 8-4 Podcast or something mention that MH 3DS was to be revealed at a canceled MH showing (earthquake and all). I haven't the time to listen to it so I can't vouch for the accuracy.

In fact, forget I said anything. REVELATIONS! Definitely one of my most hyped titles for the 3DS. Has nintendo heed fucking capcom lately? Cause I like it

Mafro

Alrus said:
Supposedly MH 3D was going to be announced by the end of the month or during april. (highly unlikely, it's way to early for capcom to choose a new platform).
I though a 3DS MH is pretty inevitable, even if it is just a port of Tri or something similar.

Top Bottom