• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Extreme Shopping Sale Week Promotion

Gowans

From the XBLA Thread:
BigMack said:
Jesus Christ there's a ton of shit on sale this week that MS never even announced. On the dashboard, in the Extreme Shopping Sale Week promotion, there is:

Casual Arcade Games:
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Decade Duels - 400
A Kingdom for Keflings - 400
Crazy Taxi - 400
3D Ultra Mini Golf 2 - 400
Costume Quest - 600
Monkey Island 2 - 400
Faery: Legends of Avalon - 600
Gyromancer - 400

Core Arcade Games:
Doom 2 - 400
Quake Arena Arcade - 800
Zeit 2 - 400
After Burner Climax - 400
Alien Breed 1: Evolution - 400
Alien Breed 2: Assault - 400
Darwinia+ - 400
Defense Grid - 400
Unbound Saga - 160

Awesome Add-Ons:
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Bundle - 1000
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Pack - 400
Halo Wars: Historical Battle - 400
Halo Wars: Strategic Options - 400
3D Mini Golf 2: Fairy Tales - 120
Mirror's Edge: Pure Time Trials - 400

And some junk for your avatar.

Thanks a lot MS. Here I was thinking I was only gonna be spending 800 points this week, but NNNOOO!! You had put a ton of stuff on sale and now I'm looking at 4,000 points or so. And they will have a 1 day only sale on April 1st.
GarthVaderUK said:
These are on offer too as Deal(s) of the Week:
A World of Keflings, March 29 – April 3, 400 (50% off)
Worms 2: Armageddon, March 29 – April 3, 400 (50% off)
Worms 2: Battle Pack, March 29 – April 3, 200 (50% off)
Raskulls, March 29 – April 3, 400 (50% off)
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek

airborn said:
There's also a special one day only sale coming on Friday.

Gowans

No reason for anyone to not grab Defence Grid or Red Dead Zombies if they have Red Dead at those prices.

I follow XBLA but no idea what these are?:

Gyromancer - 400
Unbound Saga - 160

???

Gowans

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Are there many people still playing Quake Arena? Am tempted to buy it but not if it's dead online.
Yeah thats the one that I haven't already got I would be tempted for but I think the launch price killed it that even at 800 for now could be a little much.

XBLA really needs to look at it's selling prices now the platform has a huge number of games in the same genre, competing against retail games also, as well as XBLA sequels.

I think the price has hit the high end that only the smaller number of success story's can reach leading to the push for these sales.

Gowans007 said:
No reason for anyone to not grab Defence Grid or Red Dead Zombies if they have Red Dead at those prices.

Gyromancer - 400
Unbound Saga - 160

???

Gyromancer is Squenix's version of Puzzle Quest.

BigMack

Gowans007 said:

Gyromancer - 400
Unbound Saga - 160

???

Not sure about the other two, but Unbound Saga is a 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up game done in the style of a comic book.

BigMack

S1kkZ said:
whats the difference between the two red dead packs?

The cheaper one is just the Undead Nightmare DLC on its own and the more expensive is a bundle that has all of the DLC for RDR.

Jay Sosa

Thanks for the info gonna probably get Monkey Island 2. Never managed to finish it on my Amiga, maybe now that I'm older and way smarter I'll know what to do with the mini croc.

S1kkZ

BigMack said:
The cheaper one is just the Undead Nightmare DLC on its own and the more expensive is a bundle that has all of the DLC for RDR.
thank you. is the other dlc worth it if you just play single player?

BigMack

S1kkZ said:
thank you. is the other dlc worth it if you just play single player?

If you just play SP, I would say just get the Undead Nightmare Pack for 400 MSP. The other one has all of the other DLC bundled with it, but its all MP stuff. The only SP DLC for the game, period, is the Undead Nightmare one. So just get it and save some points for some other games.

Ricker

Finally grabbed Faery at that price,the trial was ok and I like turn base stuff....might grab Gyromancer or Keflings also.

BigMack

Louis said:
I dont see anything on the dashboard. The only thing i see is a xbox originals promotion.

It's the first item in the Spotlight section. Has a green background with a yellow plane.

Kafel

Banned
xbhaskarx said:
Has anyone played Unbound Saga, and if so, is it worth $2?

It doesn't look good but I'm downloading the trial, I'll see.

Also, I got the Worms 2 Battle Pack ! Yay ! I was waiting for so long for a sale !

snap0212

Lots of good deals on Xbox Live recently. I was not going to get Xbox Live Gold any more, but they offered me

Six Months of Xbox Live Gold
The Maw
R-Type Dimensions

for the price of three months of XBL Gold. Too good of a deal to say no. After Burner Climax looks good so I'll try the Demo and see if it's worth the money (it probably is). :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Quake 3 Arena and Doom 2 weren't $10/5 respectively already?

WTF, MS. :|

Is Darwinia+ worth getting? The reviews for that are quite good, but I've watched a few videos and still don't know what the heck the game is all about.

SeanR1221

Definitely getting Costume Quest.

Unbound Saga is hard to pass up for 2.00. I paid more for my coffee yesterday.

I'll buy Quake if there is a community left.

Kafel

Banned
160 points for a XBLA title really is a tempting price.

remiq.net_16281.jpg

The ratings seem average on the dashboard though.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
_dementia said:
I would have purchased Crazy Taxi if the port wasn't shit.
The licensing stuff is regrettable, but the game still plays jut as well as it ever has. And aside from the menus, it has true widescreen.

Kafel

Banned
Shig said:
The licensing stuff is regrettable, but the game still plays jut as well as it ever has. And aside from the menus, it has true widescreen.

where are mah ads ??

Nostalgia is a bitch.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Got Unbound Saga was waiting for the game to go down to 800pts..this is a real treat! USaga is a fun game for $2 it's a steal

Shig said:
I tried the demo and honestly, I'd rather stick with my DC version over VGA :)

Meier

x Maiku x said:
If you are a Live rewards member you also get 5% back on all March purchases.
Is this returned retroactively or should it show up at check out? Gotta make sure I get my savings!

Top Bottom