• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo - Anyone else get a "Special Surprise Gift"??

Gameboy415

So UPS just dropped off a large cardboard box from Nintendo of America at my door.
I didn't remember ordering anything from NOA/Club Nintendo recently so I had no idea what it could be.

I opened the cardboard box to find:

ClubNintendo1.jpg

With the following message attached:

"As a special surprise for being a loyal member, please enjoy this gift that includes a Wii Remote Plus controller, a copy of the Wii Party game, and more. Get your friends and family together for your own Wii Party, and get up and active with House Party games plus over 80 hilarious minigames.

Thank you for being a member of Club Nintendo!"

Here's what was inside the gift box:
ClubNintendo2.jpg

-2 Mii Masks
-Wii Party Tip Sheet
-Wii Party Game
-Domino's Pizza gift card (not sure how much is on it)
-Pink Wii Remote with Motion Plus

I've been registering games on Nintendo's website/Club Nintendo since 2002 but I don't recall doing anything special recently....still it was a great surprise and totally made my day.

I love Nintendo! :D

Takao

Banned
That's really cool of them, though I didn't receive anything. :(

Maybe Ubisoft will send me that crazy sex party game that won't be released in North America?

But I don't play Ubisoft games...

PokéKong

What the hell!
So how many starts have you collected over the past year? What's your member status? I'm Gold and all I got was a little postcard calendar a few months ago.

Meier

I haven't been home yet but I doubt I got it sent. I usually hover in the 500-600 point range until I spend em. Just bought a tote for my girlfriend but the 3DS and Nintendogs got me back to around the 600 mark I believe.

Neat. Even though this will be my third platinum, I'm sure I don't buy nearly enough games for Nintendo to notice me and send me a gift.

MisterHero

KevinCow said:
WTF Nintendo.

I love you more. :(
I think Reggie is looking for fans with $5000, an office, and a true understanding of your craft before he can send you a Fan Kit.

also, experience

:(

Gameboy415

Whimsical Phil said:

Oops. I did a search but the other thread didn't pop up.
Good to know how much is on the card though!
Can't beat $100+ in free stuff! :D

PokéKong said:
What the hell!
So how many starts have you collected over the past year? What's your member status? I'm Gold and all I got was a little postcard calendar a few months ago.

I've been platinum since the program started pretty much.
I registered every first-party Gamecube and GBA game before Club Nintendo started and I have all but one Wii game registered (Pokepark) now that I have Wii Party.
I have 90% of the DS games registered too. I think I'm only missing the Nintendogs variants (meh), Custom Robo DS, Master of Illusion, Pokemon Black, and one or two others.

Club Nintendo makes collecting Nintendo games all the more worthwhile! :)

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Crap... I want this. I used a friend's Wii Party code though... :( Guess I won't be seeing this sweet prize.

I tried to register a game today and when I hit finish on the survey it just went to the top of the survey. No coins and when I reenter the pin is says it's been registered. =(

Edit: Actually the survey is still listed so I can still get coins.

Gameboy415 said:
registered every first-party Gamecube and GBA game before Club Nintendo started and have all but one Wii game registered (Pokepark)
have 90% of the DS games registered too.

Yeah so just sink a few odd thousand dollars into a nintendo collection to claim your free wii party + pizza!

Pyrokai said:
Nobody knows the criteria for getting this? I've given them so much of my moneyz they NEED to give me this :p
So far it could be:
-Don't have Wii Party registered
-Have over 2xxx coins earned in Club Nintendo lifetime

Hopefully a website will pick up on it and contact an NOA rep...so 6-8 weeks.

Glix

Starwolf_UK said:
So far it could be:

Gah, just passed 2000 with my 3DS and games! I want a special gift from REGGIE!!!

antonz

Chico Terry said:
Is it a Wii Remote Plus or a Wiimote with a Motion Plus accesory?
Looks like Nintendo is clearing some stock of the old remotes + attachment. Poor Reggie having to agree to Dominos cards

AniHawk

Chico Terry said:
Is it a Wii Remote Plus or a Wiimote with a Motion Plus accesory?
wii remote with wii motion plus.

i took it as a way to help clear stock out of the old controllers and overstock of wii party. funny enough, a friend of mine was a fan of mario party a decade ago and was bugging me about how i only had two controllers for the wii (and no party games). so this was strangely good timing.

free pizza is cool though. where wii party and the controllers cost nintendo a lot less than they would have cost me, 25 bucks is 25 bucks.

TehOh

Starwolf_UK said:
So far it could be:

I think it depends more on the quality of the survey responses that you give. I meet both of those criteria and I haven't gotten anything, but I also tend to screw off and not really write anything on the surveys.

LiK

AniHawk said:
wii remote with wii motion plus.

i took it as a way to help clear stock out of the old controllers and overstock of wii party. the pizza is a nice bonus though.

so what pizza you ordering tonight?

jgkspsx

I have 2360 coins and tend towards logorrhoea on surveys, so I might be in luck.

I intended-to-buy Wii Party for reasons I can't explain, though, so I may be SOL.

I will probably give away or sell every item in the box, though, so I guess I don't actually care :)

Persona7

Banned
I remember getting something similar right around the time four swords adventure came out.

It was the game, one wavebird, 4 GBA link cables and a pepsi coupon.

AniHawk

Persona7 said:
I remember getting something similar right around the time four swords adventure came out.

It was the game, one wavebird, 4 GBA link cables and a pepsi coupon.

that's a much better deal.

except for the coupon. the fuck are you supposed to do with a pepsi coupon?

edit: they also did something with nintendogs about 6 years ago. somebody here got some sort of bundle.

Hylian7

I need to go on a survey-taking marathon. I also need to possibly watch my door/mailbox for this thing if it's for some reason already coming.

LiK

AniHawk said:
that's a much better deal.

except for the coupon. the fuck are you supposed to do with a pepsi coupon?

edit: they also did something with nintendogs about 6 years ago. somebody here got some sort of bundle.

stock up on some pepsi~

D-Pad

Damn... This reminds me that I never registered DKCR, and that was a day one purchase. Never Professor Layton 3, neither... WTF! Got Pokemon though.

AniHawk said:
yeah, but why?
So when they bring back Pepsi Blue you can stock up before it's discontinued again, forever! lol

I'm on my fucking knees, Pepsi

Top Bottom