• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOMBA. Mortal Kombat = $30 next week at Toys R Us [Portal 2 Also @ GameStop/KMart]

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Next week's ad for Toys R Us has the game advertised for $40.

In the store, there is a booklet thingy that has a coupon for $10 off Mortal Kombat

$40 - $10 off coupon = 50% off MSRP BAM BOMBA IN 2 WEEKS

If you want to secure a copy, buy the game now and match the lower price with coupon next week. Pretty sure it'll be sold out when the sale hits Sunday (May 1st).

p.s. Portal 2 $35 (360/PS3) at Kmart, or $40 (X360/PS3, PC $30 too) at Gamestop BAM

notworksafe

That's surprising. I was hoping it'd do much better...

_dementia said:
Nice, I might pick it up

Can we print the coupon?
The coupon is in the in-store magazine so you can pick it up when you go to get the game.

I really doubt this can be true.

There's no way MK vs DC sells two million copies, but this actual awesome and super well advertised MK game doesn't.

I see people playing it all over the office, and when I walk into any store, I always see people with a copy in their hand, or checking it out at the register.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
_dementia said:
Nice, I might pick it up

Can we print the coupon?

Nope, but it should be available in the store. Apparently the cover of it has Michael Jackson on it.

Criminal Upper said:

Wario64 verifies his sources. You better believe it.

Oh, and Portal 2 is $35 at Kmart next week. Or $40 at Gamestop..BAM.

LiK

Really? The tourney editions are pretty hard to find. Maybe they didn't make much of those.

Oh wait, Wario and his bomba titles. I should've known. :)

Struct09

Criminal Upper said:

There's no way MK vs DC sells two million copies, but this actual awesome and super well advertised MK game doesn't.

Just because a retailer is putting it on sale doesn't mean it's not selling well. The ad and sale were likely made before the game even came out.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What is even the point of buying games right when they come out anymore?

notworksafe said:
That's surprising. I was hoping it'd do much better...

What was the last MK title that DID sell really well? MK Trilogy? I honestly don't know, but they have done a lot of damage to the brand over the years. This sale may not be related to poor sales, though.

EDIT - I didn't realize MK vs DC sold that much, I always assumed it was terrible and flopped.

Oh, I'm not saying Wario isn't right. I'm sure it's being sold at that price as advertised, I just can't believe it's a bomba.

What was the last MK title that DID sell really well? MK Trilogy? I honestly don't know, but they have done a lot of damage to the brand over the years. This sale may not be related to poor sales, though.

Every PS2/Xbox entry in the series throughout the 2000's has been multiple million sellers.

Criminal Upper said:

I see people playing it all over the office, and when I walk into any store, I always see people with a copy in their hand, or checking it out at the register.

Life:(

notworksafe

Dance In My Blood said:
To enjoy them.

Dr. Zoidberg said:
Mk vs DC did very well (2mil). Deception did very good as well (1mil+). MK sells very well.

Dance In My Blood said:

How else are you gunna get that GAMESTOP XXXCLUSIVE GOLDEN SHOTGUN AND SPECIAL BADASS +5 COAT OF STABBING

kamspy

The Lamonster said:
To anyone on the fence: the game is damn good.

QFMFT

I don't even buy console games, much less play them. But this...THIS. Fucking holy hell it's good. It's cliche here on GAF, but I honestly had to dust off the old DS3. So worth it. Especially at $30.

LiK said:
Really? The tourney editions are pretty hard to find. Maybe they didn't make much of those.

Oh wait, Wario and his bomba titles. I should've known. :)
The tournament editions are still on sale at newegg and amazon.

EXGN

Will get. Was gonna pick up Vanquish for $16 but I'll hold off and get them both Sunday (that's when the sale starts, right?)

Struct09 said:
Just because a retailer is putting it on sale doesn't mean it's not selling well. The ad and sale were likely made before the game even came out.
THIS can not be said enough, I have a feeling that MK is doing extremely well but this is just a Toys are us thing.

Dance In My Blood said:

So you can master the game faster and make fatality on them ''suckers'' ;) Of course, this is only valid for Xbox 360 version of the game. PSN is a different story... By the time it goes up, i will be bored of the game probably.

kamspy

EXGN said:
Will get. Was gonna pick up Vanquish for $16 but I'll hold off and get them both Sunday (that's when the sale starts, right?)

Website no longer shows Vanquish at $16. I was going to get it today. :(

Grecco

Edit the thread title to include Valve SLASHING AND BURNING PRICES ON PORTAL 2 plz 30 dollars for the PC version starting next week! Crazy Gabes sale Portal 2 must go you cant beat his prices.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ShockingAlberto said:
Hopefully Amazon matches.
If Amazon matches, it'll only just be the $40 price since that's the ad sale price. The coupon just sweetens the deal

Dance In My Blood said:
The only thing missing from the games a few weeks to a few months after launch is the hype wave.
Yeah, and early on I think some people buy fighters to get in on the online vs chievos/trophies while newbies are still playing.

Grecco said:
Edit the thread title to include Valve SLASHING AND BURNING PRICES ON PORTAL 2 plz 30 dollars for the PC version starting next week! Crazy Gabes sale Portal 2 must go you cant beat his prices.

Open a portal...TO SAVINGS!

Top Bottom