• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J(oin)TTP: Car Battler Joe

Car_Battler_Joe_GBA_coverart.jpg

Probably the best Action-RPG the GBA ever saw. A fantastic upgrade system, great anime character designs, real-time overhead driving sections that pushed the system in it's early days, a quirky/cute story with some serious overtones. A great, great game. Need to dig my copy out of my closet ASAP.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention. It's an RPG. Where you go through the game customizing your car. Which you drive and battle other cars. It's awesome.

DJ_Lae

I've got to find my copy - really enjoyed the game (I'd imagine the graphics have not held up well, though, the mode 7 stuff was kind of janky even at the time).

It was a hard game to find in the first place, too. No stores in Canada sold it, that I could find, and it was tough to scoop up on ebay as well.

Join to the party?

EDIT Oh, didn't realize there was only one 't'

DOUBLE EDIT But there's two t's in the thread name when viewed on the forum

dave_d

Hey, I had to get that one when I found out Yuzo Koshiro had a hand in it. (It's by his company, Ancient.)

bon

dave_d said:
Hey, I had to get that one when I found out Yuzo Koshiro had a hand in it. (It's by his company, Ancient.)
Interesting, I've owned this since it came out and I never noticed it was by Ancient.

Pretty good game.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I have it, and had fun with it -- never got near finishing it.

Now I want to try out the classic early 80s computer game Auto Duel.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Bought solely due to Ancient's involvement.
Wound up liking the idea of the game way more than the game itself.
Over the years, I've tried to get into it half a dozen times and never got more than an hour in. The GBA has WAY better ARPGs, IMHO.
Even the music disappointed.

GhaleonQ

What was the name of that construction machine battle game that was similar (and also based off of a show)? I always associate the 2.

GhaleonQ said:
What was the name of that construction machine battle game that was similar (and also based off of a show)? I always associate the 2.

Medabots? Cubix?

I intended to buy this for the few years I played GBA exclusively, but I never did. Doubt I can find it cheap, but if I can I'll pick it up.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I think my brother has this game... I never even heard of it before seeing the box while cleaning out the basement closet... had no clue this was an RPG and by Ancient!!! Shit, better track down a copy for myself.

Top Bottom