• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Posts Up More Project Cafe Hardware Power Rumors

Pocks

Based on the set, it doesn't look like it will be a live action commercial. I don't think Zelda will be acting as Zelda..

Hiltz

If Zelda is playing Zelda, then Robin Williams must be playing Ganondorf. He could shave his arm hair to make a chin curtain.

Eradicate

bort said:
Robin Williams daughter who was named after the legend of zelda apparently

Nintendo's new system: The Nintendo Doubtfire.

Actually, it is pretty interesting news. It does go well with The Legend of Zelda's anniversary, so I'm sure the ideas must be tied somehow. I imagine it deals with Skyward Sword, but who knows? Maybe its for promotional things with her playing the game, or becoming the character while playing the game, etc. It could go so many ways.

I wonder if she was really named after the game character?

Good find bort!

antonz

Eradicate said:

Actually, it is pretty interesting news. It does go well with The Legend of Zelda's anniversary, so I'm sure the ideas must be tied somehow. I imagine it deals with Skyward Sword, but who knows? Maybe its for promotional things with her playing the game, or becoming the character while playing the game, etc. It could go so many ways.

Good find bort!
Yeah Williams has stated a few times it is because of the game

wwm0nkey

Eradicate said:

Good find bort!
Yeah she was, he admitted she was and his son is named Cody after the Street Fighter Cody

Log4Girlz

bgassassin said:
NOOOOO!!! GAF isn't GAF without hype and meltdowns!

HYPE!!! HYPE!!! HYPE!!!

tempa-t-next-hype-o.gif

My post was worth it to get this gif lolz.

Hiltz

I plan on naming my next dog Bowser. As for kids, maybe Noob Saibot and Dhalsim or Ness and Samus. How awesome would it be to name your children after pokemon ?

Robin Williams could have done worse with naming his children. Other celebrity kid names like Pilot Inspektor, Kal-El, Sage Moonblood and Pirate are terrible.

Rich!

Hiltz said:
I plan on naming my next dog Bowser. As for kids, maybe Noob Saibot and Dhalsim or Ness and Samus. How awesome would it be to name your children after pokemon ?

My old cat who died last year was called The Terminator. Was hilarious whenever we got called up at the vets.

My next one will be called Batman.

Instro

Id assume that photoshoot has to do with the 25th anniversary. Remember they said they were planning to do something cool.

Interfectum said:
not sure if this has been asked or answered but, based on the rumored specs, could Cafe theoretically run the PC version of Battlefield 3 (high/max)?

Better than 360/PS3 but probably not as good as a high-end 2011 PC.

bgassassin said:
She could pull it off.

http://www.short-hair-styles-magazine.com/images/girls-short-hairstyles-14.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://www.prohaircut.com/gallery/zelda_williams_l_26723.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'd smang with the power of the Triforce

Hiltz

Some people have nose fetish. It's got two holes so imagine what you can stick up there like
kleenex

The girl does have a good nose. It's a shame that she's traitor to Nintendo fans... she plays Halo 3.

Hiltz said:
Some people have nose fetish. It's got two holes so imagine what you can stick up there like
kleenex

The girl does have a good nose. It's a shame that she's traitor to Nintendo fans... she plays Halo 3.

Miyamoto plays Gears of War, doesn't he?

watershed

Banned
M_Night said:
Looking at the environments on Xenoblade makes me excited to see what Monolith Soft can do on the Cafe.

I said the same thing a while back. I hope Monolith has been working on an hd rpg for the cafe for a while now so that we may see it released in the US before the cafe is already on the way out like the wii is. I'd love for Monolith to have a great HD rpg ready near launch or within the first year to show Square how hd rpgs are supposed to be done. A game with a massive rpg, tons of customization, a great story, and no long, linear corridors from point A to point B. Also HD TOWNS!!!!

Well, we do KNOW that Monolith is working on a new RPG right now.
However, we can't say for sure that it's for Cafe. It could very well be for 3DS.

Gravijah said:
well, you should probably stop watching so much yaoi

Don't judge me.

Epcott

Anth0ny said:
God damn if they use this mutha fuckin art style I'd shit myself.

Hell, I've already shit myself. LOOK AT THIS HARDCORE MOTHER FUCKER

StarFox-Snes.jpg

66TEU.jpg

My facial expression if they use the old SF art style for the Cafe one.

I'd also flip if they used it for Smash Bros and made them resemble actual toys...

But Nintendo is all about family fun and cartoonish mischief so, its not going to happen
/sadfoxface

watershed

Banned
AceBandage said:
Well, we do KNOW that Monolith is working on a new RPG right now.
However, we can't say for sure that it's for Cafe. It could very well be for 3DS.

As much as I'd love some portable rpg action for the 3ds, I would much rather see them work on an rpg for the cafe. Given how amazing Xenoblade looks, (and I think it was critically acclaimed in Japan) they could really thrive with the improved hardware.

Can this thread be closed or at least have its title changed? I hate having the surge of dissapointment every time I recheck GAF every couple hours thinking there are actually new IGN articles about cafe, only to remember its an old thread! It hurts more so closer to E3 we get!

GameE

I am sooooo curious what Nintendo is gonna announce. They're already doing Mario Kart, Mario, Zelda, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing for 3DS, so that kinda limits things if that makes any sense. Maybe F-zero or Smash for Cafe

IntelliHeath said:
Let me rephrase that. I hope that they announce ssb4 this e3 but I really doubt it.
I don't think its really unlikely seeing as thats what did did last time for the Wii i think (I THINK it was revealed the e3 that Wii was revealed).

Krowley

GameE said:
I am sooooo curious what Nintendo is gonna announce. They're already doing Mario Kart, Mario, Zelda, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing for 3DS, so that kinda limits things if that makes any sense. Maybe F-zero or Smash for Cafe

IMO, there has to be some parallel development of two games in some of those franchises going on. they aren't going to debut this console without showing one of the big franchises at E3.. Probably a mainline Mario is being developed by another team or a sub-team.

Door2Dawn said:
SSB is coming. The only question is when.

It's going to be at least 4 years between Brawl and the next one, so I too hope they've been working on it, and will announce something this year. If we're still waiting into 2013....Ugh, that will suck.

Plus SSB and Mario Kart are THE games they need to push to show off a new online system.

Darryl

Banned
Mega Man. Cloud. Dr. Wily. Squall. Crono. The options are so diverse that I could spend all day thinking of them.

He could spend all day thinking about them, yet he only thinks about 90's Square RPG's and Megaman.

Krowley said:
IMO, there has to be some parallel development of two games in some of those franchises going on. they aren't going to debut this console without showing one of the big franchises at E3.. Probably a mainline Mario is being developed by another team or a sub-team.
Well, if EAD Tokyo is making Mario 3DS, the actual main Mario team will probably be making Mario Cafe.

Top Bottom