• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt 3 |OT| "If in doubt, flat out"

main-banner177n.png

boxartzuco.png

Race through the snow, rain and dirt and experience dramatic night races with the most rally content in the series yet. Express yourself in the stunning new Gymkhana mode, inspired by Ken Block’s incredible freestyle driving event, and upload your best runs direct to YouTube! Compete in iconic rally cars representing 50 years of the sport, from the classic Audi Quattro to the 2011 Ford Fiesta WRC, and take on all game modes in split-screen and competitive online multiplayer. Competing as a professional rally star you’ll enjoy intense racing across three continents – from the forests of Michigan to the infamous roads of Finland and the national parks of Kenya. Powered by Codemasters’ award-winning EGO Engine, DiRT 3 features Flashback to rewind time and genre-leading damage. DiRT 3 is the ultimate off-road racer.

• Race in over 50 years of rally cars from classics like Lancia Super Delta HF Integrale and Audi Quattro to the 2011 Ford Fiesta WRC
• Experience all new gymkhana – the revolutionary freestyle driving event
• Hone your skills at the DC Compound in London, a racing sandbox filled with obstacles perfect for performing stunts
• Upload your best runs direct to YouTube
• Enjoy the most amount of rally content in the DiRT series yet
• Features split-screen racing on one console and full competitive online racing
• Challenge your friends in party modes including Cat & Mouse, Invasion and Outbreak!
• Take on over 100 routes across 9 locations across three continents, from Finland to Kenya and the USA.
• Compete in Rally, Rallycross, Trailblazer, Head 2 Head, Landrush and Gymkhana game modes
• Race in the snow, night, rain and dirt with new weather and time of day effects
• Rewind time with flashback and experience DiRT 3’s jaw dropping damage
• Powered by Codemasters’ award-winning EGO Engine

Dirt 3 Trophies
Dirt 3 Achievements

media-bannerv7vd.png

Dirt 3's Official Soundtrack

Dirt 3 Youtube Channel

Gamespot Video Preview

IGN Multiplayer Gymkhana

IGN Group B Rally trailer

Gametrailers Design Interview

Gametrailers Gymkhana Trailer

IGN Finland gameplay

Eurogamer- Realism video

68vp6s.jpg
10dtvgp.jpg
2mzmfsh.jpg
akabsm.jpg
1zxw3zl.jpg

preorder-bannerk7d9.png

The game will require an online pass, that is included in all new copies, for online functionality- including its' YouTube feature. As well as access to items.
- Instantly access all four cars
Gain Higher Drive Rep
Unlock four bonus racing events

Gamestop
- Texaco Racing Superteam

Amazon- Yokohama Racing Team

Steam- FREE copy of Dirt 2 and 10% off

Game- Free DVD and Brembo Racing Team

Texaco Racing Team

Ford Fiesta Open Class
Opel Manta 400
Monster Sport SX4 Hillclimb Special
Stadium Truck

Brembo Racing Team
Fiat 131 Abarth
Toyota Tacoma
Abarth Grande Punto S2000
Stadium Buggy

Team Yokohama
Lancia Delta HF Integrale
Renault Alpine A110 1600S
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JUN

Mobil 1 Performance Team
Audi Sport Quattro Rallye
Ford RS200 RallyX
VW Race Touareg 2

reviews-bannern7si.png

Edge- 9/10
Official Playstation Magazine UK- 9/10
Official Playstation Magazine- 9/10
Official Xbox Magazine UK- 9/10
GameMasters- 94%
Videogamer.com- 9/10
IGN- 8.5/10
Eurogamer- 9/10
Gamersyde Review by GAFer BlimBlim
PlayR- 8.5/10
Guardian- 4.5/5
GamesRadar- 9/10
BitGamer- 75%
GamerZines- 8.8/10
GameTrailers- 9.2/10
Game Informer- 8.75/10
IncGamers- 9/10

More to come maybe? Either way, get ready!

b53aio.jpg
1r1z09.jpg

Thanks to Kyaw for the help of the pretty graphics =)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I remember reading someone's impressions and saw a mention about an online pass. Is that true? Online pass needed to play online?

dc89

Lovely |OT|.

I quite enjoyed Dirt 2 and will no doubt pick this up when the price drops a little. I don't really buy many games anymore.

Manager

God dammit MS just fix your fn' wheel for PC's. It's ridiculou. Guess I'll have to buy the X360 version instead.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Sethos said:
Lil' self-promotion, whipped together this little DiRT 2 montage in anticipation of DiRT 3, my little send-off to DiRT 2 - I really love that game to bits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrFs_DPsfI8
Prepare for a few very awkward first minutes saying hello to trees and houses at the inside of corners if you are really used to Dirt 2. Cars have a weight now, and it's certainly shifting in corners :)

Sethos

Banned
Blimblim said:
Prepare for a few very awkward first minutes saying hello to trees and houses at the inside of corners if you are really used to Dirt 2. Cars have a weight now, and it's certainly shifting in corners :)

I'm no stranger to racing games, arcade or realism - Sure I'll adapt quickly :)

Great OP!

Mindman said:
Pre-ordered from Amazon!
pre-ordered from the hut so my game will arrive about 2 weeks after release but for 35 euro in the launch window that is not bad :).
360 version btw looking forward to it, even though I can't drive for shit but I love Finland racing so lets get this going!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
great job!

OP >>> i'll have some times posted 5/24, LoopOfHenle, XBL, PST (GMT-8)

Kyaw

Great job with the OP mate!

I'll end up buying the game at a later point. I cant spend much atm.
When i do get it, i will get it from Steam.

My steam ID is kyaw25

jlevel13

steam id probably doesn't matter as it uses game for windows live, right? all the pc leaderboards, etc, will be tied to that.

1-D_FTW

Same here. I'll post my info next month. Between Codemasters upping the PC prices from 39.99 to 49.99 and my system having some kind of bug that causes semi-regular loading crashes in DX 11 mode for Codemasters games, I can't justify day 1. But I'll be there during the Steam summer sale.

jlevel13 said:
steam id probably doesn't matter as it uses game for windows live, right? all the pc leaderboards, etc, will be tied to that.

Yeah. It's not bad to have the Steam info, but Live ID is the mandatory one.

Orgun

Can't wait, have this preordered on steam. Been practicing a lot on Dirt 2.

Steam id- orgunuk
GFWL ID - OrgunUK

Syriel

Wario64 said:
I remember reading someone's impressions and saw a mention about an online pass. Is that true? Online pass needed to play online?

Yep. Seems like everyone is doing it these days.

First time buyers get the code in the box. Everyone else can purchase in game if you want to go online.

Peterthumpa

Add my Steam profile too: felipaopl
Can't wait!

BlimBlim, are the graphics way better than Dirt 2 or just small changes?

There's no reason for this not to work with the Fanatec Porsche Carrera wheel is there? Either for the PS3 or the PC ... depending on my build I'm not sure which one I'll be hooking up to it.

dubc35

I'll be holding out for GAF reviews. I loved Dirt 1, hated Dirt 2. The closer it is to the Colin McRae series and Richard Burns Rally the better IMO.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I didn't mind the change in focus from Dirt 1 to 2, but the campaign in Dirt 2 was an unbelievably repetitive grind past around the halfway mark. Literally no new content, just tiny alternations of previous events. Usually "race this exact same event over again, with a car model that is virtually identical to the model used the first time".

Kaijima said:
I didn't mind the change in focus from Dirt 1 to 2, but the campaign in Dirt 2 was an unbelievably repetitive grind past around the halfway mark. Literally no new content, just tiny alternations of previous events. Usually "race this exact same event over again, with a car model that is virtually identical to the model used the first time".
This seems to be a problem with driving games in general, at least for me. I'm not sure what the solution is when there are only so many tracks in the game.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Steam - Semedi - PST

Can't wait! I love the Dirt series. That is odd about no PC retail release though... :( Have to say I thought the OST for Dirt 2 was fantastic and really went well with the game - I hope Dirt 3's is just as good.

Top Bottom