• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Avatar Legends |OT| of RPG Building on your Xbox 360

wwm0nkey

AL_GAF_Features.png

Slay monsters and cast spells with your Avatar! Create and share worlds over Xbox LIVE with the RPG Builder. Features: 10+ hour adventure, 6 player LIVE multiplayer, unlockable titles, global highscores, multiplayer map builder and sharing, and much more! Save the world with your Avatar today! Avatar Legends is for gamers of all ages and skill levels. Limited Time only 240msp.

•10+ hour single player adventure.
-Level up your character by earning XP.
-Complete quests to earn gold for purchasing better equipment.
-Fun and engaging story line.​
•Up to 6 players Xbox LIVE Multiplayer
-Conquer multiplayer maps with friends to earn Gold and XP for character leveling.
-Global High Scores.
-Join matches in progress.​
•Level Designer
-Multiplayer
-Build terrain, add trees, water and structures to your map.
-Setup combat waves ( enemies )
-Players can download the custom maps to their hard drives after playing them.​
-Single Player
-Tell your story in the story designer.
-Define all of the quests and objectives for the player to complete.
-Define all of the items in your world, such as swords, shields, magic, and general world items like books, rings, etc...
-Place your friends on your maps and give their words life in the dialogue designer.
-Trigger events to change weather, show/hide objects, give rewards (gold, xp, world items), complete quests...
-Define your enemy types and place them on your map inside combat zones.​
•Unlockable Titles
•Unlimited Replay Value

AL_GAF_Screens.png

screen4.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

AL_GAF_Videos.png

Single Player Design Tutorials
More to come

AL_GAF_Reviews.png

Coming soon

Available now on the Xbox LIVE Indie Marketplace for only 240msp.

[URL="http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/Avatar-Legends/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550879"]Download Now!
[/URL]

Aru said:
So it's basically RPG Maker with Avatars including a pre-made game ?

Pretty much. It also has a totally separate live multiplayer mode that comes with 10 maps. You can build your own multiplayer maps and share them as well. 6 people on a map at a time.

fernoca said:
Wait, this is out!! Finally! :O!
Congratulations to barkers crest! XD

THANKS!!!

Looks amazing, unfortunately due to rating restrictions Indie Games still hasn't launched in New Zealand so I guess I'm missing this one.

fernoca said:
Congratulations to barkers crest! XD
Aye, congrats, man!

It's lovely to see a developer exploring the potential of avatars as tools to build decent games around, rather than just a way to cash in on a rubbish minigame.

I'm going to buy this the second I get home. I've been saving points for it. Such a great month for indie games, thanks to Barker's Crest, and Feep, and the guy who made Laser Cat!

Feep

Banned
IndieJones said:
I'm going to buy this the second I get home. I've been saving points for it. Such a great month for indie games, thanks to Barker's Crest, and Feep, and the guy who made Laser Cat!
Don't forget the nice folks over at Swing Swing Submarine, who made Blocks That Matter = D

DiscoJer

This is pretty cool, I just wish it wasn't an Indie game. My 360 is rarely connected to the internet (thank you for not including Wi-Fi in early 360s MS and pricing adapters at $100) which means I can't play them

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, went ahead and purchased the game ^_^

• Combat may be simple, but it's fun with the number of enemies tossed at you. Nice to note that you can press RT to shift the view depth once in battle.
  • Heh, the first fire spell is cool. It's like a status effect + attack rolled in one, with the long panic animation it puts enemies in. I like that "defensive" element of it.
  • Day/Night cycle is nice. Plus I like the fact that saving takes a screenshot. Simple, easy ways to make me feel like the adventure is just a BIT more grand, y'know?

Question Barker'sCrest, is there a "back attack" mechanic in the game? I keep finding myself wanting to slip behind the panicing enemies, and go for that 2x damage (as the Merchants friend noted! ;) ), but I'm not sure if it's working?

Beyond that, I'm perfectly fine with this initial adventure being a "paint by numbers" RPG so far. Isn't every first RPG by a studio such? Oh, and I can easily say I had a much easier time looking at your combat animations, than the horrid crap tossed around in Oblivion, lol. It's nice to see the occassional shield bash, or wide swipe, though I do admit that I wish I had some control over it. (I'd love to have the Zelda-style "Charge the button for a wide spin!" mechanic for melee.)

My avatar looks specifically cool in the game too, since I'm a glasses-wearing Samurai, lol. (Thanks Deadliest Warrior Avatar Award).

I won't be able to play much after today, for a few days (big stuff to do this weekend), but just wanted to let ya know it's been quite a joy in these first few minutes!

Jade Ryan

Banned
It's difficult not to like this game, it's extremely charming. I really adore the music and the laid-back atmosphere - I find it all very relaxing. I'm only still at the beginning of my journey, but already I'm enjoying the subtle humor, and I love seeing my avatar kicking ass. It's oh-so satisfying. The world builder is second to none and already I'm devising devious quests to create.

Ashodin

Just broke down and bought it. You will too if you play the Trial. It will suck you in. And 240 MSP is an easy throwdown.

Good god is it addictive! It's already taking over my urge to play LA Noire (which is huge!)

The multiplayer maps sound addictive as well. I think with some time you could create a multiplayer adventure of your own! Looking forward to seeing what the community creates.

SAB CA said:
So, went ahead and purchased the game ^_^

• Combat may be simple, but it's fun with the number of enemies tossed at you. Nice to note that you can press RT to shift the view depth once in battle.
  • Heh, the first fire spell is cool. It's like a status effect + attack rolled in one, with the long panic animation it puts enemies in. I like that "defensive" element of it.
  • Day/Night cycle is nice. Plus I like the fact that saving takes a screenshot. Simple, easy ways to make me feel like the adventure is just a BIT more grand, y'know?

Question Barker'sCrest, is there a "back attack" mechanic in the game? I keep finding myself wanting to slip behind the panicing enemies, and go for that 2x damage (as the Merchants friend noted! ;) ), but I'm not sure if it's working?

Beyond that, I'm perfectly fine with this initial adventure being a "paint by numbers" RPG so far. Isn't every first RPG by a studio such? Oh, and I can easily say I had a much easier time looking at your combat animations, than the horrid crap tossed around in Oblivion, lol. It's nice to see the occassional shield bash, or wide swipe, though I do admit that I wish I had some control over it. (I'd love to have the Zelda-style "Charge the button for a wide spin!" mechanic for melee.)

My avatar looks specifically cool in the game too, since I'm a glasses-wearing Samurai, lol. (Thanks Deadliest Warrior Avatar Award).

I won't be able to play much after today, for a few days (big stuff to do this weekend), but just wanted to let ya know it's been quite a joy in these first few minutes!

I'm glad you are finding out some of the games hidden features.

As for the back attack, I toyed with the idea of having a stealth attribute but with the way the enemy AI works it really didn't work out very well because the enemies are always aware of you. You did give me the idea of adding a bit of bonus attack points if you catch an enemy from behind and I'll consider adding it in an update if it doesn't throw the gameplay out of balance.

Edit: Oh, hold down the left trigger then hold down the respective attack button ( x or y ) to do charge attacks.

Ricker

I`m scared i`ll buy some clothing and stuff just to see my avatar wearing it in this game if I buy it lol ;) ....ah wtf,it`s only 3 bucks...bought :p

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Great job with the OP. It's quite incredible how far XBLA Indies have come lately, with 2 amazing releases recently by GAF members of course. Gonna grab this in a few.

Ricker said:
I`m scared i`ll buy some clothing and stuff just to see my avatar wearing it in this game if I buy it lol ;) ....ah wtf,it`s only 3 bucks...bought :p

You know a game is awesome when you are fighting an army of trolls and orcs side-by-side with Fozzie Bear.

The online multiplayer seems to be the star of the show so far. When I went to bed last night over 300 people were already on the peer-to-peer leaderboards.

Clunker

This ... is fantastic. Not that I'm knocking XBLIG (I have several and enjoy them), but I'm stunned that no one from Nintendo, Microsoft, or Sony ever stepped up to do something like this on their own. (And no, I'm not counting the pack-in Find Mii in 3DS, as that's really more of a light RPG facade on top of a Facebook social game.)

Need to try this out tonight!

wwm0nkey

cleveridea said:
Damn, this idea is so obvious with hindsight its amazing it came down to an Indie $3 release vs say XBLA
I shocked Microsoft hasnt made something like this to counter HOME, you know how much money they would make off of selling Avatar items that work with a game like this?

nli10

Plays like a dream, anyone on the fence should give it a go.

I'm only 2 hours into the single player and it's already worth the cash.

Probably won't get to use the construction modes, but I'll try the multi and if it's good (it will be) I'll gift points to the minions in my family and get them to build me games in return (Family Gold rocks).

Oh and the grass is fantastic, is this due to the golf game heritage!

yeah I bet the developer(s) were paranoid someone else was working on the same idea

especially someone else with more money

Top Bottom