• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Mak's (Everyday Shooter) next game - Sound Shapes, a 'musical platformer' for NGP

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Dunno if VentureBeat posted this a little early or something, but they appeared to be at some Sony event, possibly for NGP, and they've posted a video of conversation with Johnathan Mak - the guy who made Everyday Shooter. He's discussing his next project, Sound Shapes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQJUmXfit9Q edit - video's been made private

He describes it as a musical platformer, where every element in a level produces an element of music. He appears to say you can make and share songs/levels with other players. It's being published by Sony as a launch window title, apparently.

SolidSnakex said:

V_Ben

Banned
Oh finally, I can say that this sounds totally nuts! It was killing me! When we had Nathan from Capy on the podcast, he was so excited about this :)

Edit: Takahashi, this hasn't been a great few weeks for you, has it?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
i hope he hooked up with a drummer for this next game. everyday shooter needed drums bad.

conman

Well, shit. Everyday Shooter is the reason I bought a PS3 (yeah, I know...).

Looks like I'll be getting the NGP after all.

Corto

Great idea for a game. And as I love Jonathan's first game (have it on PS3/PSP/PC) I'll buy this in a heartbeat.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds great.
I love that Sony is publishing games like this. Seems like a perfect fit for a handheld, too.

desu said:
He stole the idea right out of my head :|.
Mine as well.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Guess it was early then...

Sort of sounding like some kind of ngp embargo is expiring today. Supposedly we're due new Uncharted info today, BigBigStudios is relaunching their site today, then this video suggesting Sony had a pre-E3 event.

Hope so! It would kind of make sense for Sony to get a headstart on other pubs with their NGP line-up, spotlight it now, then leave E3 itself to highlight third party games.

darkwing

The PlayStation NGP has a pretty strong launch lineup, including one very big surprise: Sound Shapes. The puzzle/platformer comes from Queasy Games -- creators of Everyday Shooter -- and is like Lumines meets N+. Sound Shapes is inventive, addictive, and clever. And it impressed me more than Uncharted: Golden Abyss on NGP.

bodes well, and to those clamoring for original IPs

Empty

heh. i was wondering just the other week what happened to this guy after everyday shooter, glad he's still making games.

the screenshot in the ngp thread looks really cool and i'm glad to see this sort of game come to ngp and sit next to the the graphical showcases.

So is this a downloadable game? If so, I guess Sony is going to be pushing PSN games for the PSVita starting day one. Imo this is a good thing.

Sounds great. I love games like this which build music out of your interactions with the environment. Kudos to Sony for supporting indie development like this.

Himself

Awesome. I've been waiting for something that isn't a spin-off of a major franchise to get me excited for the NGP. This definitely did the trick. :)

Zoe

Loved Everyday Shooter! Hopefully the sound encoding is a little better this time around.

jlevel13

Can't wait - looks really sweet.

I wonder what kind of features they'll be able to implement in regards to level sharing...

Top Bottom