• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout 2048 (Vita)- Official E3 Trailer

slider

I'll be getting a Vita and I'll be getting Wipeout.

Fingers crossed for further optimisation; not to be a Negative Nelly but the framerate was lacking (and I'm usually not sensitive to those sorts of things).

chubigans said:
I love the idea of an "old" Wipeout.

Hmm. Not sure I'm sold on this concept after the glory of Wipeout HD + Fury. I kinda wish they'd taken the evolution further instead of going backward.

Clunker

I was originally all frowney-face when I heard it wasn't 60 FPS (the PSP Wipeouts were my first real games in the series, and I overclocked the PSP to get those babies screaming) ... but I can't stay mad at you, Wipeout. Come home, baby.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Ninja Scooter said:
they mentioned this has "crossplay", does that mean it's coming to PSN as well?

From the looks of the cross-play it looks like the HD tracks will be playable on the Vita. Could be wrong.

Like the idea of searching for nearby competitors with that overhead map, although, could bring a whole new level of stalking. lol

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
OH MY GOD.

And I know it's my third post saying that the campaign climaxing with the inaugural race on Altima VII is just videogame perfection, but I still can't get over it.

jlevel13

Definitely will be getting it, but I wish it was set further in the future - not really feeling the whole urban decay look - would rather they pushed things to a more abstact, even cleaner style.

Is it safe to assume zone mode will still be included?

yurinka said:
Day one. But uf it's 30fps, at least give me rock solid 30fps.
Who said it's 30? It won't be 30, Wipeout isn't playable at 30.

If I go day 1 then this and Sound Shapes would be my go-to games, I'm almost considering it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
EricHasNoPull said:
So any confirmation if it's 30 or 60fps? better be 60, looks very promising.
Currently running at 30fps like the PSP/PS2/PS1 versions, devs say they might increase the framerate by launch.

kuroshiki

Danne-Danger said:
Who said it's 30? It won't be 30, Wipeout isn't playable at 30.

If I go day 1 then this and Sound Shapes would be my go-to games, I'm almost considering it.

The only wipeout that is 60fps is PS3 one and that's not even full constant 60fps.

epmode said:
I dunno, I loved XL and 3 to death...
Not playable when you've seen the light.* Trying to play HD in split-screen (fixed post 3D patch maybe?) was a painful experience for me.
chubigans said:
Currently running at 30fps like the PSP/PS2/PS1 versions, devs say they might increase the framerate by launch.
Well then that's a huge bummer. :(

Fuuuuck!

To much to buy this fall and not enough money!

Also, everyone should do themselves a favor and buy the Shatter soundtrack to listen to while playing this.

yencid

untitled-1xkth.gif

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
So the first wipe out came out in september 1995 and the first twisted metal came out in november 1995. Are jaffe and sony lying when they say twisted metal is the longest lasting PS franchise or did wipe out not have a release on ps2 and the "console" difference is what they mean?

edit: Nvm was on a sega console and isn't PS exclusive.

RavenFox

Banned
Here we go wit the 30 - 60 shit again? All the info in the vid makes me wonder if some of the posters watched it? That augmented reality clip was lovely. Clicking on a player icon who is in range in the city to challenge their time if awesome. Playing with someone on PS3 is also a plus.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
FootNinja said:
So the first wipe out came out in september 1995 and the first twisted metal came out in november 1995. Are jaffe and sony lying when they say twisted metal is the longest lasting PS franchise or did wipe out not have a release on ps2 and the "console" difference is what they mean?

I'm guessing the fact that Wipeout wasn't PS exclusive for the first 3 years might be one reason why it "doesn't count".

FootNinja said:
The distinction may be that for awhile, Wipeout was a multi-platform franchise, with releases on the Saturn and even on the N64 at one point.

RyanardoDaVinci said:
Fuuuuck!

To much to buy this fall and not enough money!

Also, everyone should do themselves a favor and buy the Shatter soundtrack to listen to while playing this.
While I love me some shatter soundtrack, the Wipeout soundtracks have been standout as well.

linko9

When I see how well Sony treats Wipeout, it just pisses me off how Nintendo's treated F-zero recently.

Mœbius

kuroshiki said:
The only wipeout that is 60fps is PS3 one and that's not even full constant 60fps.
I thought the thing that wasn't constant in Wipeout HD was the res; so it momentarily drops from 1080p to 720p in order to maintain the 60fps...

Edit: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/wipeout-hds-1080p-sleight-of-hand and it's specifically mentioned here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-wipeout-hd-fury-interview?page=2

Digital Foundry: We commented on the dynamic resolution of WipEout HD's 1080p mode on release, but it was never actually confirmed by Sony until recently at the SCEE Develop presentation. Can you go into depth on the performance benefits this gives you?

Studio Liverpool: Reducing the horizontal resolution dynamically allows us to hit our target 60FPS when the scene complexity literally explodes during heavy weapons fire. This means we don't have to compromise the overall graphical quality just to account for these sporadic maximum load scenarios. The drop in resolution isn't really very noticeable and we feel it's a worthwhile trade off.

yencid

Warm Machine said:
Is there a ps3 version of this as well? I think I read that somewhere on Gaf.
i think this game will bring tracks from HD and you will be able to compete in those.

Top Bottom