• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new 3DS color + Wii price down (in Japan)

Why not here?!
Not like I care, I already have a black 3DS.

Also, interesting new Wii bundles with two Wiimotes...

sexy

VBLfg.jpg

Kyzer

Banned
Still waiting for 3DS Lite (or a price drop), especially since their hand has been forced. I'm sure the PS Vita price had a lot to do with the value of their stocks going down.

MAH RED!!! WHY WAS IT NOT OUT AT LAUNCH??? WHY IS IT JAPAN ONLY???

why am i talking in lowercase only?

Seriously I wanted red the most. Now its out and in Japan and I already have one...and I like the color I got (black) so I guess its ok...but still....

dallow_bg

nods at old men
That guy who really really wanted a red one because all his other handhelds are red will be very happy now.

Lots of folks will have to eat crow if there's a bundle or price drop by Christmas.

PURPLE!

WHERE ARE YOU MY GLORIOUS ROYAL PURPLE!

On topic: Its good to see Nintendo reacting to the market preety fast as far as the 3DS is concerned. The wii drop was expected considering the move here.

Son of a fuck. This kind of puts a kink in my planned 3DS purchase this weekend.

I'm going to feel like a total ass if this gets announced in the US a day or two after I buy one.

Poyunch

Motherfucker... Damn it Nintendo your next iteration of the 3DS better be red, I ain't rebuying another 3DS just because I like red. Black is soooo boring.

donny2112

neo2046 said:
Wii price down (in Japan)

You obviously know Japanese better than Google, but the Google translation reads that the price is staying at 20K Yen but they're adding Wii Sports Resort. 100% sure it's a price drop for Wii?

20,000円のメーカー希望小売価格(税込)は変更いたしません

Google: Retail price of 20,000 yen (tax included) will not change

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
btkadams said:
yeah i seriously don't get that aesthetic choice.
The 3D effect probably doesn't work as well when the top screen is surrounded by a colour other than black.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Transfer your Link's Awakening game.

Lose your save file.

(can you even transfer 3DS downloads, or only DSiWare from 3DS to 3DS?)

Gah, I misread the title. I thought the 3DS was getting a price drop. >_>

Red is nice I guess. I still don't like the Black + X color scheme this got.

donny2112 said:
You obviously know Japanese better than Google, but the Google translation reads that the price is staying at 20K Yen but they're adding Wii Sports Resort. 100% sure it's a price drop for Wii?

Google: Retail price of 20,000 yen (tax included) will not change

Google is right:

尚、20,000円のメーカー希望小売価格(税込)は変更いたしません。

Adding a bundle, so i guess you could say it's effectively like a price drop!

gerg

donny2112 said:

I read that bit of the PR. They're not changing the MSRP.

I'm thinking a 3DS pricedrop will come around in either October or February-March 2012. They are going to wait as long as possible to drop the price, and will either drop it right before the holiday season or after.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I bet we see a red 3DS bundle with Mario Kart this holiday in the US; just like they did for the DS.

And I will sell my cosmic black and buy the bundle, so it can match my 25th Anniversary XL.

vanty

AbsoluteZero said:
Not for another year at least.

The thing hasn't been out three months yet.
You really think Nintendo will allow the PSV to launch and be the same price as the 3DS on the shelf? 3DS will be $200 at the most come PSV launch.

antonz

vanty said:
You really think Nintendo will allow the PSV to launch and be the same price as the 3DS on the shelf? 3DS will be $200 at the most come PSV launch.
Nintendo will Say We have Super Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Starfox etc.

They have a very strong holiday lineup

plc268

So... how long will it take to get some more color choice in the US? Maybe my perception is wrong, but we always seem to get shafted when it comes to color choice.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
vanty said:
I think the Red Mario Kart bundle will be out at $250 before the PSV launch.

apana

antonz said:
Nintendo will Say We have Super Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Starfox etc.

They have a very strong holiday lineup

What if all those titles are sent out but don't move systems because the price of entry is too high? Nintendo 64 had Mario, Zelda, and Starfox as well.

Kyzer

Banned
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Finally, the Red 3DS. The Pokédex.

Now I wait for this color to hit internationally.

... It'll never happen, right?

why did you just make me want this.

vanty said:

Hah. No. I don't believe Nintendo has EVER dropped the price on their products before a year has even lapsed. Dropping the price just because of the NGP is like admitting defeat or admitting that Sony has a better product.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
AbsoluteZero said:
Hah. No. I don't believe Nintendo has EVER dropped the price on their products before a year has even lapsed. Dropping the price just because of the NGP is like admitting defeat or admitting that Sony has a better product.
Crazy since the PSV costs less in Yen than the 3DS.
That'll be interesting.

Top Bottom