• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill HD Collection releasing this fall on the PS3

LOS ANGELES--When Konami releases the Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders HD Collections this November and next year, respectively, Xbox gamers will for the first time have a chance to experience the highly regarded franchises. However, Xbox 360 owners hoping for a similar high-definition update with the Silent Hill HD Collection shouldn't hold their breath.

Konami has confirmed that the Silent Hill HD Collection will only be coming to the PlayStation 3 when it ships this fall. The package will include HD updates for Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, which were originally released in 2001 and 2003, respectively. Konami has also added all-new voice acting, as well as PlayStation Network trophy support.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6318672/e3-2011-silent-hill-hd-collection-spooking-ps3-this-fall

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Too much already coming out in Fall, but I'll definitely be buying this since I've never played a Silent Hill. I love horror games so I'm looking forward to it.

the chris

Releasing in the fall already? I was expecting it in 2012 at the earliest, at least I can get my Silent Hill fix if Downpour ends up being a bust.

Nizz

Wario64 said:
Can't wait to pick up all these collection sets for <$20 by next year
I'll probably do the same. As much as I'd like the sets day one, there's so much other stuff coming. I will be getting this set no doubt.

Are Konami themselves doing the remastering themselves? Or is it Bluepoint also?

Hex

Banned
Will be great for a Halloween run through.
I am hoping the rumor of a voucher to download Silent Hill on the PSN will come to be true also.

Hex

Banned
Cmagus said:
no first game no sale its not a collection if all the games aren't there

People allow themselves to miss out on things for the stupidest reasons.
But to each their own.

cbox

SH2 and 3 still look awesome, I was hoping for a sh1 remake :( I want to replay it but it really hasn't aged well.

Cmagus

Hex said:
People allow themselves to miss out on things for the stupidest reasons.
But to each their own.

I have played 2 and 3 never have I played the original so yeah Id like the first game to be there.I am not surprised it's not on there but for me it won't be a purchase for that reason I don't think it is a stupid reason to want the original trilogy seems stupid when you have people who may never have played these games before to start at the second one.

Cool. I can finally play these games. Gonna pick them up when they're cheap, like others said. Got the Sly HD collection recently for only $8 because of Amazon game credit.

ShogunX

Such a bad time to be releasing this and no doubt a number of people will pick this up when it inevitably hits the bargain bin after Christmas.

Releasing anything around MW3, BF3, GOW 3 and Uncharted 3 is pure suicide. I think The Witcher 2 for the 360 will suffer the same fate.

Andrefpvs

I'm more surprised at no Silent Hill 4 to be honest. Even though it's not really like the others, I liked the room setting.

How About No said:
Maybe it'll come with a voucher or something for the PSN SH1?

I don't think so, there were licensing issues with the first Silent Hill (at least in Europe).

Chemo

GeoramA said:
And it will be overshadowed by the Team ICO and GoW Origins Collections on PS3. Doesn't make sense at all.
Hahah, I think you've got a way fucking distorted memory of how well Team ICO games sell if you think that.

Hex

Banned
Cmagus said:
I have played 2 and 3 never have I played the original so yeah Id like the first game to be there.I am not surprised it's not on there but for me it won't be a purchase for that reason I don't think it is a stupid reason to want the original trilogy seems stupid when you have people who may never have played these games before to start at the second one.

Buy it on PSN for 4.99?

klee123

Yep, looks like it's true, Unlike ZOE HD and MGS HD collection which uses Kojipro's own fox engine, the SH collection most likely uses the tools supplied by Sony.

Cmagus said:

Why? It's not as if there is some continuing story or protagonist to tie them together. People playing SH2 for the first time would never have any idea, other than the name, that there was a previous one.

Cmagus

hey I am not gonna argue my position if you wanna buy it then by all means the two games are great I am not gonna argue that, personally I won't be buying this to me it doesn't matter if they are continuing stories I'd still want the full experience of the originals.I will prob grab the first one on PSN at some point but it would be nice to have it in HD.

wonder why konami would release the mgs and zoe collections on 360 but chose to not do so here.

seems kinda dumb but this is konami after all.

jackdoe

PS3 exclusive makes no sense. If it was a niche title like ZOE, sure, alright. But this is pretty much one of their mainstream titles. Anyways, I'm cautiously excited for it, depending on how much they improve.

CloakedPuppet said:
Why? It's not as if there is some continuing story or protagonist to tie them together. People playing SH2 for the first time would never have any idea, other than the name, that there was a previous one.

But the third game ties into the first one pretty heavily.

Hex

Banned
jackdoe said:
PS3 exclusive makes no sense. If it was a niche title like ZOE, sure, alright. But this is pretty much one of their mainstream titles. Anyways, I'm cautiously excited for it, depending on how much they improve.

I am going to assume that it was part of the deal to make the others multi plat.

Sony chose to keep Silent Hill for themselves, perhaps due to Sony being behind the Silent Hill 2 movie.

jackdoe said:
Which makes this all the weirder. Of the three franchises, Silent Hill is the only one that's been on Xbox platforms over the past few years. So odd that's it's exclusive.

I wouldn't have been surprised at all had ZoE or MGS been exclusive. Hell, I WAS surprised to find out MGS2/3/PW would be getting achievements before MGS4 is even getting Trophies.

Lime

klee123 said:
Yep, looks like it's true, Unlike ZOE HD and MGS HD collection which uses Kojipro's own fox engine, the SH collection most likely uses the tools supplied by Sony.
Most misinformed and factually incorrect post I've read all day. At least do some basic research before putting forth any claims.

Nearly every SH game has been multiplatform.

SH1: PS, PC (although not official)
SH2: PS2, Xbox, PC
SH3: PS2, PC
SH4: PS2, Xbox, PC

The rest does not matter.

And the supposedly Fox engine is completely new and has nothing to do with the old ZoE or MGS games.

Top Bottom