• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negator said:
I think G-Fex has lost it.

Implying he ever had it.
:p

AdawgDaFAB said:
I'm still in awe how she doesn't go out of business when most ponies walk around "naked".

Honestly, the entire Equestrian economy seems to just be one big mess where money doesn't really matter at all, as long as you're friends with someone.

2th

Banned
AdawgDaFAB said:
I'm still in awe how she doesn't go out of business when most ponies walk around "naked".

they must have a lot of gala events. or they are a lot more formal in other cities. I mean she did have that giant order to fill for someone in Trottingham.

Neki

Calpain said:
To be fair, Dash was pretty rude to Fluttershy in Dragon Shy I thought and not very supportive of her. Plus Twi wasn't very considerate towards Spike in Owl's Well That Ends Well. All the ponies have been unsupportive at one time or another or have rubbed each other the wrong way which does a lot to flesh out their character.
How would she know that Spike would be such a baby? Twilight likes friends, news at 11.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ponies seem to wear clothing for work.

se: mayor, mr/mrs cake, braeburn, pegasus's in the weather factory, bartender ponies, etc.

BDGAME

McNum said:
Remember that Sonic F April's fools "Camaraderie is Supernatural" we saw on one of the Synchtube sessions?

Episode two is out.
Camaraderie is Supernatural Episode 2: Elements of Parody

Haven't watched it yet, but it just popped into my Youtube subscriptions.

EDIT: Fixed link. Was a little too overzealous in cutting off the useless bits.

OMG! It's better than the first one. I can't believe that a parody can be that good, but this Sonic F guy has a Awesome talent! The Pinkie pie song is better than the original! A lot better! hehehehe

I hope he make another someday!

Everypony needs to watch this. Another link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q1zJJfaGeI

KtSlime

AdawgDaFAB said:

Startrek economy. She a Unicorn, so she works because it's what she enjoys, she's not a lowly earth pony that has to work to survive.

Goddess Ponies

Unicorn Ponies

Pegasus Ponies

Earth Ponies

It's simple ponitics.

brian577

Banned
ThreeSix said:
She made them all free dresses for the Gala, dealt with their shit when they said they didn't like them, and remade them according to their wishes. That's the definition of looking out for the rest of them.

Also she apologized at the end of Sonic Rainboom.

Wrong, lyrics from Art of the dress:

All we ever want is indecision
All we really like is what we know
Gotta balance style with adherence
Making sure we make a good appearance
Even if you simply have to fudge it
Make sure that it stays within our budget
Got to overcome intimidation
Remember it's all in the presentation

She was doing it for the cash. Money grubbing Ferengi....

Calpain

Nishastra said:
I really liked how the ONLY change she made to the costumes when she got her cutie mark was sticking gems on them :p

I guess ponies like sparkly things a lot.

What can I say, ponies like their bling. As for the synchtube, I'll probably have to sit this week's one out if it is shown tomorrow. I've got a new and long experiment I'm trying tomorrow so that means a possible late night for me.:\

PBalfredo

AceBandage said:
Her hat was a gift.

"You lost this time, kid. But you don't have to like it."
True, as proven by this photographic evidence of the event

0f68d32255a07cd2626be4627bdbb3af.jpg

NEO0MJ

brian577 said:
She was doing it for the cash. Money grubbing Ferengi....

Actually, she was willing to spend all her store budget on her friends' dresses. That's how kind and giving a pony she is.

Ellis Kim

Banned
ChuckNoLuck said:
No effing way!

In Sonic Rainboom, all Rainbow Dash wanted was to impress the Wonderbolts at the Young Flier's Competition and she only needed Fluttershy or her other friends to help cheer her on because she was so nervous. Then, Rarity gets those wings (that look ugly as hell, by the way) and being the attention starved little [expletive deleted] she is, she gets Dash so nervous and worried at the thought of preforming that she literally is sharking in a corner.

They all look out for each other all of the time, EXCEPT for Rarity.
What in the fuck?

Dude, I think you're projecting or something. Did you have a bad personal experience with someone who was like that?

You forget how much Rarity was taken advantage of when she offered to make dresses.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
AdawgDaFAB said:

Ponies basically wear clothing to formal events. In the human world, there are stores specifically to sell clothing for formal occasions. In some cases, they go even more specialized, like bridal stores.

As the best dressmaker in town, I'm sure her business is quite good.

OMG Aero

OMG Aero said:
Okay everyone I have some bad news regarding this week's Synchtube. This Saturday I'm moving back home and won't have internet stable enough to run it, I'm working on getting the internet set up there but it won't be ready until next week or at the latest the week after. So we have three options and I'd like to hear which one most people prefer:
1) We do this week's Synchtube at the same time but on Friday instead of Saturday
2) I make someone else a mod and leave them in charge for this week so you can all watch at the usual time without me :(
3) We delay this week's Synchtube until next week when I might have the internet running again and either watch 4 episodes then or just get a week behind.

Obviously there is a chance that I might not have the internet set up for next week's stream either but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.
Quoting this for the current page. Is there anyone else besides Tiff and Calpain that couldn't make the stream if it was Friday night instead?
FoxSpirit said:
How come this was only posted outisde the Pony-thread?? (by Nyx)

http://i.imgur.com/RIY6P.jpg
This is what the Twilight turret sounds like.
PBalfredo said:
Since the new topic is up, now's a good time to de-lurk and join pony-GAF. I've been lurking in the previous thread and watched the last few synchtubes. But I've had ponies on the brain long enough to embrace the madness.

6: Fluttershy
Maybe you should go back to lurking pal.
XRdJw.gif

Calpain

2th said:
So i think ahoy has become the master of the GIF
he made this from the original shockwave file.

Ahoy you sir are awesome!

That.. that is amazing. Ahoy, you are truly the king of GIFs.

OMG Aero said:
Okay everyone I have some bad news regarding this week's Synchtube. This Saturday I'm moving back home and won't have internet stable enough to run it, I'm working on getting the internet set up there but it won't be ready until next week or at the latest the week after. So we have three options and I'd like to hear which one most people prefer:
1) We do this week's Synchtube at the same time but on Friday instead of Saturday
2) I make someone else a mod and leave them in charge for this week so you can all watch at the usual time without me :(
3) We delay this week's Synchtube until next week when I might have the internet running again and either watch 4 episodes then or just get a week behind.

Obviously there is a chance that I might not have the internet set up for next week's stream either but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.
Friday is fine for me, but if you decide to do it on Saturday so people don't miss it I could probably mod for you since already spend ridiculous amounts of time on synchtube and know how just about everything works.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Still sick as hell, so I think I'm calling off work tomorrow. If I'm awake I'll definitely be joining the synchtube. Especially since I'm up to ep 15 now.

Shocked at the Fluttershy hate too. :_\

Cheerilee

Adelor Lyon said:
I wonder if I'm in the minority: I love the intro and watch it almost every time I watch an episode. It gets me in the mood for ponies. The part I appreciate is how the composer started the song very similar to the old show's, but then brings it to the modern era with the pseudo-rock theme. It's a nod to the show's legacy, as mediocre as that is, and then improves everything about it while remaining faithful to the original song. It's bouncy, catchy, and conveys very quickly Twilight's confusion over friendship and how her friends helped her see what friendship is, shows us each of her friends, and wraps up with Celestia being pleased with a letter from Twilight sharing her personal growth with her mentor.

I'm not often into painfully cute stuff, but this intro really works well for me visually, conceptually, and song-wise because I think there's more than just cute in it.
The first time I saw MLP:FIM, I was immediately struck with how much concentrated love the vocalist poured into those first six words. I knew the original, having heard it far too often as a child, and I knew that was not how the original was sung. It was a message of unconditional respect and gratitude towards the (very undeserving) original. And then it went on to do it's own thing.

I thought that was great. They couldn't have handled it any better.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
akira28 said:
It's almost appropriately epic or dramatic what happened with the #2 poster. The Lancer went dark and we even had a very special betrayal episode.
He's the King of Ponies, remember? Even after he tried to edit his enthusiastic posts.

Neki

Regulus Tera said:
Explanation needed- ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

It was weird because of the colour scheme. Now I get it.

You better like it, Myke worked his butt off. He even worked on it while his kids were playing hockey. That's how devoted he is.

Bakphoon

Meh tinychat hates me again.
Now i can't even connect to the other room. (Endles loading loop)
I hope this time we can somehow find a better solution than using a second room. :(

anyway i hope i will see you in Synchtube if tinychat won't work again for me.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ultimoo said:
You better like it, Myke worked his butt off. He even worked on it while his kids were playing hockey. That's how devoted he is.

I hope he's not expecting any honmei-choco, cause he's not getting any.

At most, tomo-choco.

Darte said:
On the continuing theme of fluttershy: HNNNNNGGHH!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D9ITUjouT6E/TgOqk2JTY_I/AAAAAAAAGXI/SE6afmZzULw/s1600/laying_fluttershy_sculpture_by_leeliothestica-d3jqtsz.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

[URL=http://imgur.com/UKQaV][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UKQaV.png[/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom