• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USA vs. North Korea in the Womens World Cup. 6/28/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
nk-women-soccer.jpg

Since no one on GAF has bothered to post a Womens World Cup thread (from what I could find), I thought I would make one for this interesting match-up.

Now anytime a team from North Korea plays on a world stage, you can't help but think "what will be the reprecussions back home if they lose?" But there are a couple of new factors going on here:

1. These are women we are talking about. Will they get the same degredation that the mens team recieved from the DPKR last year when they return? ( assuming they lose )

2. They are playing against the USA this time. The Americans are public enemy #1 in DPRK. I believe they call us the American Emperialists. Will reprecussions be worse if they lose to the US?

With that said, I hope this match ends in a draw. Maybe no one will get hurt as a result.

201002041546341.jpg

Oh wow, some of them must be dudes who are trying to pass for women..
Dyed hair in NK - wat

edit,
come on now, the one on the top left is a male!

WillyFive

Milchjon said:
Not to be overly rude, but if you told me that was a mixed team, I would believe you.

It's the short hair, I think.

North Korea runs propaganda saying that long hair 'robs the brain of energy'.

_40701619_body_203.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
NK does this on purpose so that the next time the other teams will lose on purpose.

So fuck it, I hope USA wins.

Carbonox

Regarding the comments about their appearances looking sorta...uh...non-NK shall I say? Aren't many of the men's North Korea team living outside of North Korea? May explain why they look more sorta flamboyant with their hair and whatnot. Unless of course I'm completely wrong.

Hopefully someone does make a thread for the Women's World Cup which just started. I will definitely be following the Australian team's progress and it'd be nice to have somewhere to discuss it.

It should be a good competition. They sold something like 700,000 tickets for this tournament so each game should have a decent atmosphere.

Also, there has been talk that Equatorial Guinea has been fielding dudes:

Last November, after Nigeria beat Equatorial Guinea 4-2 in the African Championships final, the Nigeria Football Federation filed a protest with the Confederation of African Football (CAF), accusing Equatorial Guinea of using two men. According to news services, Nigeria singled out captain Genoveva Anonma and striker Salimata Simpore because of their leg strength and skill level.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-opini...-gender-controversy-follows-equatorial-guinea

sullytao

I'm surprised the sporting world allows NK to be a contender in any international events. Its not fair on anyone. One team wonders what will happen to them or there families if they lose and the other has to keep in mind that if they win they could be responsible for other people getting hurt.

perfectchaos007 said:
nk-women-soccer.jpg

Since no one on GAF has bothered to post a Womens World Cup thread (from what I could find), I thought I would make one for this interesting match-up.

Now anytime a team from North Korea plays on a world stage, you can't help but think "what will be the reprecussions back home if they lose?" But there are a couple of new factors going on here:

1. These are women we are talking about. Will they get the same degredation that the mens team recieved from the DPKR last year when they return? ( assuming they lose )

2. They are playing against the USA this time. The Americans are public enemy #1 in DPRK. I believe they call us the American Emperialists. Will reprecussions be worse if they lose to the US?

With that said, I hope this match ends in a draw. Maybe no one will get hurt as a result.

web_ajm_3830.jpg

That's the South Korean women's team dude. Your insult to Best Korea will not be forgotten; the Leader will shower a merciless fire of goals against the US team. But seriously, this is the South Korean team. Aside from the hair, the shirt crest gives it away

Meus Renaissance said:
That's the South Korean women's team dude. Your insult to Best Korea will not be forgotten; the Leader will shower a merciless fire of goals against the US team. But seriously, this is the South Korean team. Aside from the hair, the shirt crest gives it away

changed the OP pic to what I'm more confident is the DPRK team. Pictures of the team are hard to come by on Google images

Dresden

If anything the punishment for losing will be worse. Less attention from the rest of the world, against the Americans, and they're women in North Korea... poor souls.

Mrs. Manky said:
Yeah, you lying OP.

Is it me, or does #8 seem to be looking directly at the viewer, no matter the angle?

My appologies on the wrong picture guys. But the pics of the North Korean girls were just supposed to be an added image to fill up the OP, not to be the center of discussion.

xbhaskarx

perfectchaos007 said:
I wonder if this game will be broadcast in North Korea. They only have 1 channel

They broadcast the men's World Cup games. I believe the first one was shown on delay, but after the game against Brazil was surprisingly close, they decided to show them live, and then they got humiliated by Portugal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom