• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: HR - 30$ PC Pre-order (Standard edition - Steamworks)

CaLe

NEW DEAL - 34$:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/rpgs/deus-ex-human-revolution

Codes (use one of them):

20PEC-TWEET-SAVER
SUNNY-SAVER-20PEC
20SUM-MERSA-VINGS

wilflare said:
(...)

You need a referral link to get the $5 credit :D

on the thing about credit/referral
signing an account with a referral link does NOT get you $5 immediately,
you need to spend $5 at least to get $5 credit for future purchases

jackdoe said:
Great deal AND they refund pre-purchased games as long as you didn't play it so it's hard to resist. I'm eager for reviews. If the game turns out to be good, I got a good deal. If it turns out to be crap, I'll get a refund. No loss in any case.

http://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/e...hase-game-either-before-or-after-i-receive-it

Previous 30$ deal is DEAD - Mods please update the title.

CaLe

botlite

Unknown Soldier said:
What does the physical Augmented Edition include that the Steam one doesn't?
From what I can tell fancy packaging and the art book in a physical form rather then digital.

r@v3n

When it comes to PC games, being in India pays off :D

I pre-ordered HR Standard Edition for Rs 650/- ($14).

Card Boy

Banned
Reminder you can use a referral link to get $5 credit back after purchase (for new accounts only) So you can sort of get it for $30 still.

mandiller

The voucher just worked for me. Comes out at $AU30, which certainly beats steam's price of $69 lol.

Thanks for the tip. I was looking to buy this one cheap.

CaLe

mandiller said:
The voucher just worked for me. Comes out at $AU30, which certainly beats steam's price of $69 lol.

Thanks for the tip. I was looking to buy this one cheap.

glaurung said:
This was a great find, paid $28.80 for the game.

Used the voucher that was in the OP.

I updated the OP to mention that the voucher works again.

CaLe

snoopeasystreet said:
Do you pay now or on release? My wallet can't take the hit.

You pay now unfortunately. The voucher is valid until the 18th, but I don't know how long the special price itself (35$) will be valid for.

I wouldn't count on the voucher working with this particular pre-order until the 18th either; It wasn't yesterday night.

CaLe said:
You pay now unfortunately. The voucher is valid until the 18th, but I don't know how long the special price itself (35$) will be valid for.

I wouldn't count on the voucher working with this particular pre-order until the 18th either; It wasn't yesterday night.
I'll chance waiting til the 18th. There's butterflies flying out of my wallet.

PaulLFC

Well, looks like the standard version comes out to ~£17.50 with voucher and trade ins for me.

Now to work out if the extra content in the retail augmented edition is worth that much (it's £35 online). I'm guessing the extra weapons etc aren't worth the extra cash?

CaLe

PaulLFC said:
Well, looks like the standard version comes out to ~£17.50 with voucher and trade ins for me.

Now to work out if the extra content in the retail augmented edition is worth that much (it's £35 online). I'm guessing the extra weapons etc aren't worth the extra cash?

I personally pre-ordered the Augmented Edition on Steam a while ago at full price, mainly for the making-of and the soundtrack. The soundtrack is Godly for that game. Didn't really care much for the rest.

I usually regret purchasing limited digital editions though, but we'll see.

For those that pre-ordered the game from the site, have they sent you the code right away ? If so, I might purchase it as a gift to some of my friends.

PaulLFC said:

The soundtrack is fantastic, and the art is awesome too, but it's nothing you can't live without. The in game preorder weapons and such I will be selling at the start because I feel dirty having access to them.

MNC

No can do.

PaulLFC said:

No. But the soundtrack and art booklet are more than worth it.

PaulLFC

ThoseDeafMutes said:
The soundtrack is fantastic, and the art is awesome too, but it's nothing you can't live without. The in game preorder weapons and such I will be selling at the start because I feel dirty having access to them.

Yeah the soundtrack/artbook are the main things stopping me clicking the Buy button right now.

Are the weapons actual limited edition unlocks, or are they just "start of game unlocks" which standard edition players can get by playing through the game?

MNC

A Human Becoming said:
Tempted, but previews have worried me.
Play the preview. Please. The game needs a good look from players themselves and frankly deserves to be bought and sell well. The developers even listen to the community for Chrissakes. They made the object glow optional, something the devs thought was a must to have in game and was meant to be played with. They care for their game. So should you. :)

PaulLFC said:
Yeah the soundtrack/artbook are the main things stopping me clicking the Buy button right now.

Are the weapons actual limited edition unlocks, or are they just "start of game unlocks" which standard edition players can get by playing through the game?

I think it's the latter, but I'm not sure. I really hope it is, tbh, because not having any access to the silenced sniper rifle and c4 is kind of a bummer for those who don't get it, and it makes the game too easy at the start in terms of just being able to clean rooms out without making a sound.

The leaked press build had the stuff dumped in your inventory at the start of the first "real" mission of the game, but again, not sure how it's being handled in the release build.

A Human Becoming said:
Tempted, but previews have worried me. Also, the PC version isn't the lead platform so their is a chance it will suck.

It doesn't suck, although in old builds there were some interface quirks yet to be ironed out. For the most part though, it's Deus Ex, and it's great on PC.

CaLe

A Human Becoming said:
Tempted, but previews have worried me. Also, the PC version isn't the lead platform so their is a chance it will suck.

Are you kidding ? They've been glowing. As for the PC remark... No.

Please don't base yourself on the podcasts of some guys who played a few minutes at a show floor (and by the looks of it didn't really care for the game to begin with).

PBalfredo

Bought. Thanks OP for the heads up.

So I'll need to download Greenmangaming's client, Capsule, to play it when it comes out, right? And then how do I activate it on steam?

BOUGHT! BOUGHT! BOUGHT!

I had to go for the Augmented Edition for 10 bucks more. I just look at it as buying the Soundtrack of Amazon or Itunes.

EDIT:

Nah the Soundtrack will most likely come out later and 30 bucks is just so cheap!

Derrick01

Banned
A Human Becoming said:

Do not listen to the media on a game like this. They beg for more complex games but when one comes around they cry and complain.

The leaked PC build has almost unanimous approval by everyone who played it. It's a real Deus Ex game.

CaLe

PBalfredo said:
Bought. Thanks OP for the heads up.

So I'll need to download Greenmangaming's client, Capsule, to play it when it comes out, right? And then how do I activate it on steam?

No need to download anything other than Steam.

Just activate the game using your steam client and the Key they'll provide you with, and you're done.

Derrick01 said:
Do not listen to the media on a game like this. They beg for more complex games but when one comes around they cry and complain.

The leaked PC build has almost unanimous approval by everyone who played it. It's a real Deus Ex game.

Most of the previews have been glowing to be honest. Only the Podcasts post E3 weren't, and DX isn't a game to be played on a show floor for a few minutes.

Derrick01 said:

They also have really created a developed world for the game to inhabit and unlike IW it's a world close and related to the world of today.

So we all chip in to send blow and hookers to the OP now, right?

Top Bottom