• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
TruePrime said:
If anything DD won't live up to having most of the company on it and they will have the DMC team actually make DMC 5, right? RIGHT?
No cause the DMC team will be shutdown/let go after DD bombs, lol. This gaming generation everybody!

Beth Cyra

bone_and_sinew said:
No cause the DMC team will shutdown after DD bombs, lol. This gaming generation everybody!
Unlike alot of people I think the DMC team did a great job with combat in DMC 4 even without the thier former leader, so this would seriously be a big blow to me. I would finally hit that hate level that people had over Legends and RE5.

Eusis

BigJiantRobut said:
Time to pop in Misadventures of Tron Bonne to feel nostalgic and sad :(
I just wish I had that. Had the opportunity to grab it for $20, but blew it every time, the last time because I got fucking Xenosaga 2 right away. Massive disappointment as it is, I still think that's half the reason I hate the game, especially in light of PSN releases not coming and MML3 being canned.

Yo Gotti

Banned
TruePrime said:
Unlike alot of people I think the DMC team did a great job with combat in DMC 4 even without the thier former leader, so this would seriously be a big blow to me. I would finally hit that hate level that people had over Legends and RE5.

DMC4 was awesome as far as Combat systems go. If Nero was too limited for anyones play style, Dante was still there kicking ass as usual, he was incredibly complex and difficult to master in that game.

DMC4 also sold really well didn't it? If the next one doesn't, it definitely wasn't because 4 started some kind of downhill for the series...

EDIT: On topic, Capcom has lost their damn minds.

DD looks good and all but it doesn't seem appealing character or story wise at all yet. Lost Planet was a new idea with a much more interesting reveal, and look how that series turned out...

artwalknoon said:
Stay Classy Capcom, you're new pr approach is sure to expand your fanbase.

You guys need to stop buying RE ports on every fucking platform and cut those fuckers down at the knees once and for all, don't buy the next RE game, it's Capcom's only weakspot.

cj_iwakura

ProfessorMoran said:
You guys need to stop buying RE ports on every fucking platform and cut those fuckers down at the knees once and for all, don't buy the next RE game, it's Capcom's only weakspot.

Might want to stop buying their expansions, too.

ProfessorMoran said:

I need the RE4 HD remastering like I need food and water.

Though I have literally zero anticipation for Operation Raccoon City.

Beth Cyra

Yo Gotti said:
DMC4 was awesome as far as Combat systems go. If Nero was too limited for anyones play style, Dante was still there kicking ass as usual, he was incredibly complex and difficult to master in that game.

DMC4 also sold really well didn't it? If the next one doesn't, it definitely wasn't because 4 started some kind of downhill for the series...

EDIT: On topic, Capcom has lost their damn minds.

DD looks good and all but it doesn't seem appealing character or story wise at all yet. Lost Planet was a new idea with a much more interesting reveal, and look how that series turned out...
4 Is the highest selling DMC yet.

That said, one bad game can kill a franshice sometimes.

Also the DMC team wanted to make DD and not another DMC if I remember.

That and Capcom got into their damn heads that it needed to sale 5 million copies. I just want to know how they decided that then gave it to a Dev house that has never produced a game that sold remotely that well, and who can do combat for shit.

Ichabod

Banned
Well I just heard,
The news today,
Blamin' fans,
For a canceled game,
I close my eyes,
Begin to shake,
Then tears of rage,
Stream down my faaaace...
scottstapp.jpg

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
TruePrime said:
I was a huge DMC4 hater at first but over time I grew to appreciate that it did some things well, really for DMC5 all that was needed was a decision: who's going to be the main character and just go with him all the way, build everything around him. Splitting characters was the root of the problems.

The Xtortionist said:
I need the RE4 HD remastering like I need food and water.
why we still got Dolphin

Sophia

You know, I used to be such a big supporter of Capcom at the start of this generation. Shame they want to end it this way. :\

Foffy

Banned
Holy shit. Capcom has balls to say that.

I honestly hope Operation Raccoon City and Devil may Cry do terrible for them.

Phenomic

Kayo-kun said:
Capcom has gone from one of my favorites, to one of my most disliked companies in the last 1-2 years. Keep it coming Capcom.

This... what happened. I swear they were knocking it out of that park and it seems like it was yesterday. Now I'm not interested in a single product outside of Revelations.

Foffy

Banned
SuperSonic1305 said:
Capcom couldn't even be bothered to develop the sequel to their best game this gen (Dead Rising). What hope is left for them?

Technically, wasn't it made by Capcom now that Blue Castle is owned by them?

Jomjom

Banned
Nothings going to change capcom when people buy that horrible 3DS RE game even though its basically just a minigame and has that ridiculous DRM.

Balb

Does anyone actually think Capcom has it in them to make a great Mega Man Legends game these days? They would have to farm it out to Inafune's studio for me to believe in the project.

SuperSonic1305 said:
Capcom couldn't even be bothered to develop the sequel to their best game this gen (Dead Rising). What hope is left for them?
Legends 3 would be a sure thing if it was being made by a third tier western studio.

I have no idea what they are thinking at Capcom. They are canceling an immensely popular series in Megaman and savaging another in DmC.

Do they hate money? Does Nintendo need to send the ninjas over?

Akainu

Well I've got to say. Ever sense it was being played up as a 3ds exclusive I just didn't care anymore. And those horrible looking characters didn't help (something I can blame the horrible taste of the "fans" on). All that fan input also put me off in regards to the dev team in general. So meh.

Riposte

It is hilarious, because it really doesn't make sense. They could very well be screaming:

"SETH KILLIAN CANCELED MEGAMAN"

Top Bottom