• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

Emitan

Us: "CAPCOM, why don't you release the old games on PSN to build hype?"
CAPCOM: "lolno"
Us: "Why don't you release that eShop demo you were making to build hype?"
Us: "Why don't you put Volnutt Mega Man in UMvC 3 to build hype?"
CAPCOM: "lolno."
Us: "CAPCOM, why did you cancel your game?"
CAPCOM: "No one was hyped. Nice job, morons. Buy UMvC 3."
Us: "lolno."

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
EmCeeGramr said:
now i want to find a clip of the giant bomb e3 video where patrick klepek describes climbing all over a chimaera's ass in DD and how clunky it sounds*, and then abruptly ends this amazing anecdote with "and it's the most expensive game Capcom's ever made." and the whole room bursts out laughing

*DD is probably p. cool considering GB's taste in games, but still
Yeah I was gonna say if giantbomba hates it is could be really good*

*but it's also dd and looks vaguely like virtual hydelide on saturn

Teknoman

Billychu said:
Us: "...okay."

fixed for accuracy.

Chakan

TruePrime said:
DS pulled Millions across multiple properties.

3DS certainly didn't help at this point but MML3 would pull that kind hype regardless of platform so I can't imagine them actually thinking that was what they needed.

I believe that choosing 3DS was one reason (they should've planned this game for PSN, XBLA, WiiWare release), but the main reason was definetively the fact that Inafune is no longer with them.

That's really sad because now I totally lost hope for another Megaman X game.

Codeblue

I would say that I won't be buying Capcom game anymore, but they seems to cancel all the ones i want anyway. I'm glad the European branch spilled the beans on the reasoning though.

It's not our fault you didn't give prototype a shot.

ezekial45

Banned
Billychu said:
Us: "lolno."

Hmmm,

I think XBLA and PSN would've been a great alternative. I wonder why they just wanted 3DS. Is developing for DD for consoles that expensive?

screwyoucompanyxofrb.gif

This seemed appropriate.

Beth Cyra

Chakan said:
I believe that choosing 3DS was one reason (they should've planned this game for PSN, XBLA, WiiWare release), but the main reason was definetively the fact that Inafune is no longer with them.

That's really sad because now I totally lost hope for another Megaman X game.
Honestly the fact that Maverick Hutner X, ZX and ZX Advent did pretty bad should of been the X issue.

I still remember my hatred for that damn MMO trailer when it show cased off all the X minor characters then it had Rock, Blues and Bass instead of X and Zero. So I gave up my hope for a new good X game along time ago, I was just praying he would get a last hurrah in MvC III, if they had used Rock, Trigger and .EXE I was hoping X would finally get a crossover, no such luck sadly.

qq more

ezekial45 said:
Hmmm,

I think XBLA and PSN would've been a great alternative. I wonder why they just wanted 3DS. Is developing for DD for consoles that expensive?
I can't imagine 3DS games being most expensive to develop than XBLA/PSN games.

Boney

Banned
ezekial45 said:
Hmmm,

They decided 3DS cause a launch of a new platform is the best way to get an IP on it's feet.

qq more said:
I think his version is more accurate...at least for me. No way am I buying UMvC3 when MvC3 is barely even a year old.
Have you seen the thread of UMvC3?
Gaffers, in general, like to be beaten, and they would gladly spread their legs to their overlord Capcom.
When it comes to whine, Gaffers are the first ones to do it. But when it comes to act, Gaffers are worst than a Ostrich. They just hide their heads under the ground.

Keep buying Capcom shit, and keep supporting their "crappy" business methods.

qq more

iKeepPlaying said:
Gaffers, in general, like to be beaten, and they would gladly spread their legs to their overlord Capcom.
When it comes to whine, Gaffers are the first ones to do it. But when it comes to act, Gaffers are worst than a Ostrich. They just hide their heads.

Hence the "at least for me". :p I'm not very excited for UMvC3 at all.

Beth Cyra

iKeepPlaying said:
When it comes to whine, Gaffers are the first ones to do it. But when it comes to act, Gaffers are worst than a Ostrich. They just hide their heads under the ground.

Not going to pick up UMvCIII, nor did I pick up RE Merc.

However I don't think this is a good judge either, Capcom make some really excellent games.

Honestly DD doesn't look that good to me, after the Nero and Dante in DMC I know that team can deliever fast kick ass action and so far DD doesn't have that.

Thing is SFxTekken, RER, and a few other titles do look amazing so while I won't support everything, I will continue to support great software.

LOL Post 1213 was pure gold! Ah man I was so hyped for MML3. I was ready to buy a 3DS the day the game launched and was desperatley searching for a way to play the first 3 titles (including Tron Bonne) with hopes Capcom released them on PSN before launch.

Well, no rush now. I have the rest of my life to get around to finding and playing them and to wonder what a world where MML3 existed would be like.

TruePrime said:
Not going to pick up UMvCIII, nor did I pick up RE Merc.

Thing is SFxTekken, RER, and a few other titles do look amazing so while I won't support everything, I will continue to support great software.

This I agree.
But how can you possibly explain that some people bought, Vanilla SF4, Super SF4 and Arcade SF4?.

If Capcom releases Rockman X9, I'll buy the shit out of it. That's obvious, and everyone should do it.

Emitan

TruePrime said:
This kinda makes me feel bad for the poor bastard who is going to be selling those Mega Man X figures.
Someone should buy one and then throw it in the trash. And then just glare at the Capcom booth for the rest of the day. "Isn't this what you want?!"

angelfly said:
I am simply in awe that Capshit has decided to turn it around and blame the fans.
This has been the story this whole generation.
Third party failures are never the fault of the publisher.
Nooooo. It’s the fans or the system maker.

fernoca

To be fair, it's just Capcom's Euope-Twitter account, not a full representation of Capcom.

They probably think the same thing anyway, and do blame the "fans"... but is like that Namco's Facebook account on which the PR using the account started blaming Microsoft for the exclusivity of that Tales game; just to turn out that it was a baseless statement. :p

Emitan

AceBandage said:
This has been the story this whole generation.
Third party failures are never the fault of the publisher.
Nooooo. It’s the fans or the system maker.
I wonder if a video game will ever fail because of a publisher. Nah! That'll never happen!

Beth Cyra

bone_and_sinew said:
He will suffice as a sacrificial lamb.
Well I just hope someone buys one of the figures off him before they kill him and puts it on Ebay, that might be the last great X to come over here damn it.

BlueWord

Wait, so... huh? Not enough people participated in your dev room, or contributed art of ideas or whatever, and you take that as an indicator of lack of interest? That's fucking stupid. There was a considerable amount of buzz surrounding developments in the dev room; not everyone has the talent or means to contribute, that in no way indicates a lack of interest.

This whole situation is fucking stupid. I can't even understand what the management at Capcom are thinking.

Emitan

IF WE DON'T EMAIL GABE ENOUGH TIMES HE'LL CANCEL EPISODE 3! PASS THIS ALONG TO TEN OF YOUR FRIENDS FOR EPISODE 3 TO COME OUT!!!!!!!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Spirit of Jazz said:
This means they'll cancel DMC due to the overwhelmingly negative fan reaction, right?
They won't listen to us, which means full sail ahead

then the game will bomb and the series will be done for good and they'll blame us

Beth Cyra

bone_and_sinew said:
They never listen to us, which means full sail ahead

then the game will bomb and the series will be done for good and they'll blame us
I kind of expect this to happen, but dear god if they really had the nutz to do that.

I have never heard an out cry of go back since Bomberman Act Zero. I mean sure they can say it sold like crap because of the fans, we have been telling them that from the start, but if they try to say the franchise is dead because of us I will be shocked.

If anything DD won't live up to having most of the company on it and they will have the DMC team actually make DMC 5, right? RIGHT?

Top Bottom