• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim Collector's Edition Unveiled by Bethesda

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
skyrim_ce_items_x360-1024x792.jpg

$149.99 (US), €149.99 (Europe), £129.99 (UK), and A$199.99 (Australia)

http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/08/05/quakecon-2011-skyrim-collectors-edition-announced/

Bethblog said:
For months many of you have asked for details on whether or not there will be Collector’s Edition for Skyrim. At the end of a rousing QuakeCon presentation, game director Todd Howard confirmed its existence.

The limited collector’s edition for The Elder Scrolls® V: Skyrim™ will be available for Xbox 360, PS3, and Games for Windows and can be pre-ordered now through participating retailers in North America, Europe and Australia. Like the regular release of the game, the Collector’s Edition will be available on 11.11.11

In addition to including the highly-anticipated game, this premium version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim also includes:

*Alduin Statue: Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector’s only statue stands 12” tall and is made of high quality PVC. Modeled from actual in-game 3D digital files, it showcases Alduin, the World Eater. He stands perched atop one the game’s many dragon walls that teach the player the lethal language of dragons.
*‘The Art of Skyrim’ Official Art Book: Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8” x 12 1/8” coffee table book showcases the characters, creatures, environments, and weaponry of Skyrim. With a foreword by game director Todd Howard and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists, readers will be guided through the game’s iconic visual style.
*‘The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’ DVD This documentary DVD contains exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage, including interviews with the Bethesda Game Studios team as they take you from concept to creation and provide insights into the story, gameplay, setting, legacy of the Elder Scrolls franchise, and much more.

The Collector’s Edition will be available through pre-order and it retails for $149.99 (US), €149.99 (Europe), £129.99 (UK), and A$199.99 (Australia). If you’re interested in purchasing, we recommend you pre-order now, as the it will be available in extremely limited quantities.

Discuss. Would love that art book, but $150 is steep. They need a middle edition...

Tucah

you speak so well
Companies need to stop offering fucking statues in their CE. I'd be down if it wasn't $150 because of a statue I don't want.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Should include Season 1 BR of Game of Thrones ....

Grisby

Dammit, 150 is too steep. They should get rid of the statue and knock of the price.

Want that art book.

Standard version it is. The map is a novel idea, but the statue and book would collect dust the minute I took them out of the box.

I5yPT.jpg

Special Edition for price of normal edition!

I doubt this is the "special edition" my local game store had in mind when they made that pre-order bonus.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
They are wasting their time. After what they did to Notch, no one will buy this.

MikeE21286 said:
No room for video game statues in my life.

Regular version for me.

I like everything else.

Is there a non-dragon helmet version?

Stumpokapow said:
After Minecraft was so successful I didn't they'd go retail with their next release.

I see what you did there.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I really wish companies would create special editions that focus more on high quality packaging that actually fits in ones collection. This giant, cheap looking boxes full of plastic holding a statue and other useless shit just doesn't appeal. Give me something compact, but of high quality.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Stumpokapow said:
After Minecraft was so successful I didn't they'd go retail with their next release.
:lol.gif

What the fuck is it with all these CE statues lately? I don't give a shit about statues!

But I do give a shit about making-of DVDs and art books. So day one. And there goes another nerdy item for my basement.

$150 is incredibly high though.

jay

Finally, the new Scrolls game. I played so much of the last Scrolls I could hardly wait for the next Scrolls. I hope it is the best Scrolls of all the Scrolls I have played.

Edit: Skyrim? Did they change the name of Scrolls V?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
You can get a nicer dragon statue than that at Spencer's for a fraction of the price, and just as gaudy, too!

Zeliard

jay said:
Finally, the new Scrolls game. I played so much of the last Scrolls I could hardly wait for the next Scrolls. I hope it is the best Scrolls of all the Scrolls I have played.
I Scrolled down to read this.

Reknoc

I want that artbook and I want that map, but not enough to spend £130 because it comes with what is no doubt a cheap statue.

They need to make some sort of pick and choose for collectors editions. Or just stop packaging them with terrible busts and statues.

Enco

commish said:
They are wasting their time. After what they did to Notch, no one will buy this.
Lol.

Sure, the case is stupid but I'm not passing up on this game. I don't love notch like others here so that might be why.

No to the collectors edition. Stupid price as all the extras won't get any use from me.

Edit: are you guys talking about the Notch Scrolls? I'm confused.

Gravijah

The Lamonster said:
What the fuck is it with all these CE statues lately? I don't give a shit about statues!

But I do give a shit about making-of DVDs and art books. So day one. And there goes another nerdy item for my basement.

$150 is incredibly high though.

what it should come with is a giant temporary tattoo. so you can run around and role play with yours friends about being a dragonkid and stuff!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Where did this RPG CE = statue trend come from anyway?
Won't buy, I don't have enough space on my desk.

Top Bottom