• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim Collector's Edition Unveiled by Bethesda

I won't lie. I'd love to have this, but $150 is just too much. Here's hoping for a clearance somewhere after Christmas.

ChuckNoLuck said:
Publishers really need to cut this statue shit out of collectors editions.
Seriously. Whatever the fuck happened to $70 to $80 LEs that had a steelbook case, making of DVD and either a small artbook or OST selection CD?!

GenericUser

>special cover
>art book
>statue
>150€

get the fuck off. seriusly.

not that i where not willing to shell out a ton of euros for a special edition, but the ingredients of that so called "special" edition, are beyond good and evil.

Dennis

Banned
Seeing that statue.....I admit that it kinda hit home how nerdy our hobby is.

Sorry, but it does.

Not that there is anything wrong with that but it may explain how we are perceived.

careksims

Should just do what Atlus does and give CE choices. Just want the art book and map. That's it! Don't want the statue :(

The_Monk

For so many time I've waited for this to come to public...

...only to know that the price is too high. If there was a cheaper edition, then maybe, but with so many great game coming, this price is to much for me.

Gravijah

DennisK4 said:
Seeing that statue.....I admit that it kinda hit home how nerdy our hobby is.

Sorry, but it does.

Not that there is anything wrong with that but it may explain how we are perceived.

you are wearing an avatar of a the witcher. i am wearing a raichu. we are nerds.

Ponti said:
$149.99 (US), €149.99 (Europe), £129.99 (UK)

Get the everloving fuck out of here.
fktpp8fwd.gif

Okay Beth, listen to me. Listen closely. I love you, I love Skyrim, I'm even doing the OT for Skyrim, but €150? Nobody will buy this.

zlatko

Banned
In a year like this one where the holiday is packed to the BRIM with amazing AAA games...$150 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

Enco

bathala said:
whoa? Notch new game has collector's edition already
What did you expect?

He sold 3 mil across several scroll games! Hope there's some Minecraft integration in his upcoming Scrolls game.

JoeBoy101

I like the statue and the art book looks good, but $150?!?

Sorry Bethesda. You had me in your pocket, and then ejected me with this crazy ass price. I'll go standard. Shit comes with a map too, so I save ~$100 for art book and statue.

Jeez.

BlueNinja said:
Okay Beth, listen to me. Listen closely. I love you, I love Skyrim, I'm even doing the OT for Skyrim, but €150? Nobody will buy this.

Bethesa, me and BN here both are saying no. That should convince you this is a fuck stupid price. Knock $50 off and I will probably bite.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i mean, the game will probably be pretty cool

if that map was cloth and useful, i'd try to pick one up separately

Luigi87

Just makes me wanna write a formal letter.

Dear publishers,

Please release special editions that include say only artbook and/or soundtracks, and not an additional statue at an inflated cost.

Sincerely
etc.

I love artbooks, and now and then I like to collect statues/figures, but not always.

UrbanRats

Luigi87 said:
Just makes me wanna write a formal letter.

Dear publishers,

Please release special editions that include say only artbook and/or soundtracks, and not an additional statue at an inflated cost.

Sincerely
etc.

I love artbooks, and now and then I like to collect statues/figures, but not always.
This. Absolutely.
Jesus those statues are always crappy anyway.

Considering all the hours I've put into Minecraft, I'm expecting big things from this. Hopefully Mojang can live up to my expectations.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Infamous Chris said:
WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I HAVE A STEELBOOK CASE EDITION FOR $80?

;__;

That's my thoughts, usually these things come in 3's now. I want a steelbook $80 version with just the art book...

fernoca

The status is nice.
The book is nice.
The map is nice.
The price is not.

$150...? At least Black Ops had a remote controlled car for that price. :p

It's worth mentioning that I've never splurged on a special edition of a game, before. Honestly, Skyrim is the only game I'd ever consider wasting so much money on. I don't plan on buying anything else this fall but Deus Ex, so thankfully I should have the money.

Hah, I'm just trying to justify this inevitable purchase to myself. Excited!

Considering how few CEs they made for Fallout: New Vegas, I'd say that they won't make many of these either. They will be sold out on day 1.

With that said, I'd much rather have a CE without the statue for $70-80. Like the Oblivion CE. That's more reasonable.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Damn, I really wanted a CE for a making of DVD but I have no use for a statue nor do I have 150 bucks to buy it. I wish they had a middle edition. Hopefully I can buy the DVD from somebody.

a CnC milled piece of PVC isn't worth 80 dollars

i'd be happy if they released a game that won't be buggy for 60 dollars, but elder scrolls are be bop a loo bop boring anyway.

Exuro

isoku said:
So is games for windows DRM confirmed for pc?
It's going to be Steamworks. Fallout New Vegas also had "Games for Windows" on their box. You're thinking of Games for Windows Live

I buy stupid collectors editions that aren't worth the price that is being charged for them all the time. Even I think this is incredibly dumb, at least put a nice bound book and another shitty coin in there or something, common. A frikin statue? Nobody has any room for them anymore since apparently every frikin game this year comes with one.

PaulLFC

Deadly Cyclone said:
$149.99 (US)... £129.99 (UK)
KuGsj.gif

No Bethesda. Just... no.

$149.99 = £91.67, + 20% VAT = £109.99. It's expensive enough as it is, yet they want £20 more? Not a chance.

Top Bottom