• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim Collector's Edition Unveiled by Bethesda

Xamdou

watership said:
The map is obviously there, but the press release doesn't say anything about a map. Hmm.

See the way to sell this game is : "Includes CLOTH MAP" Bought.

It's a pre-order item. Not exclusive to the C.E.

Sorry Bethesda, Starwars The Old Republic CE at 150€ as well, I might add, was available first. No enough €uro left on my gaming budget to buy yours.

Although, if your CE did had virtual items that would greatly enhance the experience of Skyrim, I would consider it. But since its not the case, I'll pass! I'll joyfully buy your regular version though!

bengraven

So there's no middle of the road one? It's either the $60 one or the way too fucking expensive one?

I would hope they would make a 70/80 dollar one with the making of DVD and maybe book at least.

ironcreed

Banned
bengraven said:
So there's no middle of the road one? It's either the $60 one or the way too fucking expensive one?

I would hope they would make a 70/80 dollar one with the making of DVD and maybe book at least.

That is what I was holding out and hoping for. Oh well, regular edition for me.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
The_Squirrel_Menace said:
Although, if your CE did had virtual items that would greatly enhance the experience of Skyrim, I would consider it. But since its not the case, I'll pass! I'll joyfully buy your regular version though!

Why would you pay more when you/mod community can create as many virtual items as you want for free.

Xamdou

SWTORCE.jpg

This is a Collector's Edition.

Of all the shitty CE statues in the past few years, this one is slightly less shitty in my eyes. Still, I learned from Halo 3 Legendary that I'd actually not rather have a giant piece of plastic to take up my precious closet space, especially if I have to pay this much more for it.

Cudder

Fucking statues and art books. As long as collectors editions keep having pointless shit, I will not buy them.

MrFortyFive

I want it, but I sure as hell do not want to pay that much for it. The artbook would be great but I don't care about the statue, so I'm not essentially going to pay $100 for a book.

GenericUser

what happened to the golden age of "shell out the good stuff to the buyers of he regular edition"?

at least a cloth map or a GOOD manual would do the trick. man, ridiculous times where are living in. As if 60€ would not be enough to fund such basic items!

Zeliard

Cudder said:
Fucking statues and art books. As long as collectors editions keep having pointless shit, I will not buy them.
The art book is (potentially) cool. The statue raises the price dramatically and is fairly pointless unless you're into collecting those particular types of items.

Xamdou

sponk said:
what happened to the golden age of "shell out the good stuff to the buyers of he regular edition"?

at least a cloth map or a GOOD manual would do the trick. man, ridiculous times where are living in. As if 60€ would not be enough to fund such basic items!

If you pre-order the regular edition you get a Bonus Premium Physical Map!

DryvBy

watership said:
The map is obviously there, but the press release doesn't say anything about a map. Hmm.

See the way to sell this game is : "Includes CLOTH MAP" Bought.

That's still not worth it. A cloth map? $90 for a stupid map (looked at once), an art book (looked at once), and a stupid dragon statue (dust collector) I can get in a mall for $10? No thanks. This literally is more than the price of the game, for some swag.

There's nothing anyone could say that could justify this price unless they admitted their irresponsible with money.

LiK

projekt84 said:
Yeah, I can imagine Best Buy having piles of these things stacked to the ceiling for $99 or less on Black Friday.

i see amazon DotD for $60. seems like they've been doing that fairly regularly this year.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
200 pages is impressive, but I might care more about the art book if the fantasy art in the series was not so generic. Still a no go.

Ugh. I would be fine getting it if they had included just the full sized art book with the game for around $80. These statue editions are getting ridiculous.

GenericUser

Xamdou said:
If you pre-order the regular edition you get a Bonus Premium Physical Map!

i know, i already preordered it. But I still am angry about the fact that they seem to "throw away" a title like skyrim that way. I would be glad to pay whatever price they demand if the content of a so called "collectors edition" would be worth the price, but this is just a joke, nothing more.

i'd hope for something more special.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Steelbook, artbook, cloth map, behind the scenes disc... I would drop $99

Maybe a little more if the artbook is really nice.

JWong

Banned
Pretty good statue, but it's not at consumer range.

As long as they don't stock so much like Cat Helmet Halo.

£130 Bethesda?

Fuck off please.

I speak as someone who quite enjoyed his (£40?) Oblivion CE with decently done lore book and Tamrielic coin replica, so it's not a dignity threshold thing.

Yeah, every edition of the game comes with a map.

The regular edition has a paper map. Pre-orders get a bonus cloth map. And the CE gets the cloth map, as well.

Top Bottom