• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 pre-order for $47.99

Just noticed the PC version has some recommended specs listed, were those the rumored requirements that DICE said to dismiss or could those be the official ones?

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Just noticed the PC version has some recommended specs listed, were those the rumored requirements that DICE said to dismiss or could those be the official ones?

I was wondering as well and it states Windows Vista or Windows 7, not XP.

CrankyJay

Banned
Just tried ordering but it's like my order just disappeared....so I tried doing it again, and it says this:

Although you've entered a valid promo code EMCYTZT688, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria.

LQX

Newegg as become my go to store over Amazon for games this holiday. No tax and been able to preorder many games cheaper.

LQX said:
Newegg as become my go to store over Amazon for games this holiday. No tax and been able to preorder many games cheaper.
and free 3 day shipping in the US. but if you opt-in on the $2.99 rush you MAY get it 1 day after release. (depending on size and item)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Neweggs free shipping gets to me in 1 day lol.

NYC/NJ area f t w

Ordered the PC version for $47.99 shipped via "3 day (1 day really lol) ground" ftw. Ty OP

coopolon

CrankyJay said:
Just tried ordering but it's like my order just disappeared....so I tried doing it again, and it says this:

Although you've entered a valid promo code EMCYTZT688, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria.

At one point their email deals like this one only worked if you were registered and subscribed to their newsletter. Not sure if that is the problem you are experiencing now though.

CrankyJay

Banned
coopolon said:
At one point their email deals like this one only worked if you were registered and subscribed to their newsletter. Not sure if that is the problem you are experiencing now though.

No, the issue was I didn't get my order confirmation email right away. It look like 20 minutes to go through and show up on my account online. They must be getting hammered with orders.

rdrr gnr

Ugh, I probably should order... but Amazon had an amazing deal for BC2 last year. Maybe I'll hold out and regret it later.
Cptkrush said:
It won't charge you till the game comes out, you have up until then to cancel.
Didn't even consider that. Thanks. Will do.

Cptkrush

MuseManMike said:
Ugh, I probably should order... but Amazon had an amazing deal for BC2 last year. Maybe I'll hold out and regret it later.
It won't charge you till the game comes out, you have up until then to cancel.

Varth

Can Eurogaf haz, too?

EDIT: nvm :(

Does Newegg.com ship internationally?

Newegg.com does not currently ship internationally; we only deliver to locations within the United States and to Puerto Rico.

Yaska

Varth said:
Can Eurogaf haz, too?

EDIT: nvm :(
there are deals in various countries. In Finland you can get the game on PC for 36,40 and for PS3 43,40€. Amazon UK ships the game for around 45€ for PC. Also Play-Asia seems to be selling the PC version for 35€ or so ( they generally ship to EU area)

plc268

McLovin said:
Minimum requirement is a dx 10 card? No xp support? Wow they are leaving a lot of pc gamers out in the cold.

Why? XP is becoming increasingly old and outdated. Some games, and certainly more games in the future will require dx10. It's time to upgrade.

McLovin

plc268 said:
Why? XP is becoming increasingly old and outdated. Some games, and certainly more games in the future will require dx10. It's time to upgrade.
I know, I have windows 7 myself. I just remember lots of pc gamers wanting to stick with xp. I totally agree that its about time we moved on.

http://cdkeysdiscount.com/117-cd-key-battlefield-3.html

For PC, this is still the cheapest, really. Even with the lack of "Back to Karkand", it comes up cheap. Of course, they are not sure if "Back to Karkand" is included or not, which is the reason why the preorder is so cheap. If it's not included, you can purchase that at EA store for $15, which brings up the price to $44.99. You'll also get the key the day the game releases so you don't have to wait for shipment.

EDIT: Use coupon code "cdface" for 5% off, bringing it down to $28.

shagg_187 said:
http://cdkeysdiscount.com/117-cd-key-battlefield-3.html

For PC, this is still the cheapest, really. Even with the lack of "Back to Karkand", it comes up cheap. Of course, they are not sure if "Back to Karkand" is included or not, which is the reason why the preorder is so cheap. If it's not included, you can purchase that at EA store for $15, which brings up the price to $44.99. You'll also get the key the day the game releases so you don't have to wait for shipment.

how leggit is this website?

Salsa

Friend has a couple digital copies of the PC limited edition (with the map pack and all) to sell on GamersGate for cheaper than this. Posted in the buy/sell thread, and not trying to crap all over the forums with the offer but i figure i could help some gaffers. PM me if interested.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
McLovin said:
Minimum requirement is a dx 10 card? No xp support? Wow they are leaving a lot of pc gamers out in the cold.
Good. DX9 needs to go. It's hamstringing optimization. Next step is to eliminate 32-bit OSs.

Smokey

McLovin said:

Good. The sooner XP gets left in the dust the better. It's a 10+ year old OS. It's 2011, time to move on.

SamuraiX-

SapientWolf said:
Good. DX9 needs to go. It's hamstringing optimization. Next step is to eliminate 32-bit OSs.

I'll agree with you about DX9 and XP, but the bold is a little much at this point in time. lol

1-D_FTW

SamuraiX- said:
I'll agree with you about DX9 and XP, but the bold is a little much at this point in time. lol

Why? DX11 isn't available on XP. And who in their right mind buys 32-bit Windows 7?

Church RvB said:
Surely Amazon will offer a $20 GC in the 11th hour, right?

Amazon does very little on their own. Most of their aggressive pricing is from pricematching Kmart. Have to believe that Kmart won't do it though (and by extension Amazon.)

FHIZ

LQX said:
tell me about it. So far I've got Battlefield and Uncharted for 47 both, each little bit helps with all the games coming out.

Hmm well I just pre-ordered and it seems there is an option to cancel it. I'll just keep it for now and may just cancel and purchase at a local place since I've heard their pre-order shipping isn't that great and I'd rather not get left out.

Top Bottom