• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 Reload launches February 2, 2024 - Pre Orders Available

Draugoth

Gold Member
F4MrsbMbcAAB9-x
F4MtelKbAAAVPxT

Persona 3 Reload will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and Microsoft Store on February 2, 2024 worldwide, ATLUS announced. It will also be available via Xbox Game Pass. Digital pre-orders are available now.

The game will be available in the following editions:

Physical Editions Standard Edition($69.99)
  • Base Game
  • Aigis Edition
    • Base game
    • Collector’s box
    • Art book
    • Two-disc soundtrack CD
    • Aigis figure
    • Downloadable Content Pack – Includes all purchasable additional content for the game. (“Persona 5 Royal Phantom Thieves Costume Set,” “Persona 5 Royal Shujin Academy Costume Set,” “Persona 5 Royal Persona Set 1,” “Persona 5 Royal Persona Set 2,” “Persona 5 Royal Background Music Set,” “Persona 4 Golden Yasogami High Costume Set,” “Persona 4 Golden Persona Set”).
  • Digital Editions
  • Standard Edition($69.99)
    • Base game
  • Digital Deluxe Edition($79.99)
    • Base game
    • Digital art book – Filled with 64 pages of character art, concept art, backgrounds and other illustrations from the game.
    • Digital soundtrack – Listen to newly arranged tracks from the original Persona 3 plus all new tracks from Persona 3 Reload, presented by the ATLUS Sound Team for a total of 60 new songs.
  • Digital Premium Edition($99.99)
    • Base game
    • Digital art book
    • Digital soundtrack
    • Downloadable Content Pack

Users who pre-order any version of the game will receive the “Persona 4 Background Music Set,” which features the following additional tracks:
  • “A New World Fool”
  • “I’ll Face Myself -Battle-“
  • “The Fog”
  • “Reach Out to the Truth”
  • “Results”
  • “Time To Make History”
Get the latest details below.

■ Characters
Koromaru
(voiced by Shinya Takahashi in Japanese)
Persona 3 Reload
A dog who awakens to the power of Persona after a tragic event. Since his original owner—the priest of the dorm’s neighboring Naganaki Shrine—had passed away, the protagonist and friends take him in as a full-fledged member of S.E.E.S.
Clever, loyal, and friendly, he quickly becomes a beloved member of the group. He seems especially close to Aigis—who translates his barks—and Ken Amada, the elementary school student.
In battle, he wields a knife in his mouth. His unique Persona is Cerberus, specializing in dark skills.
Persona 3 ReloadPersona 3 ReloadPersona 3 ReloadPersona 3 ReloadPersona 3 ReloadPersona 3 Reload
Aigis (voiced by Dawn M. Bennett in English, Maaya Sakamoto in Japanese)
Persona 3 Reload
A man-made Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon, 7th Generation. She joins S.E.E.S. as an android with a humanlike heart, granting her the power of Persona.
She harbors a mysterious attachment to the Protagonist from the first day they meet. Initially coming across as cold and robotic, she begins to discover more human emotions through her experiences with the group.
In battle, she fires off an arsenal of weapons built into her mechanical body. Her unique Persona is Palladion, specializing in physical and support skills.
Persona 3 ReloadPersona 3 ReloadPersona 3 ReloadPersona 3 ReloadPersona 3 ReloadPersona 3 Reload
Ken Amada (voiced by Justine Lee in English, Megumi Ogata in Japanese)

Persona 3 Reload
The youngest member of S.E.E.S.—a 5th grader at Gekkoukan Elementary. After losing his mother in an accident, he comes to live at the Iwatodai Dorm.

After awakening to his Persona abilities, he joins S.E.E.S. of his own accord. While he strives to act mature with his mannerisms, deep down he is still a child with a passion for superhero TV shows.

In battle, he holds a long spear in contrast to his short stature. His unique Persona is Nemesis, specializing in light skills.

Persona 3 ReloadPersona 3 ReloadPersona 3 ReloadPersona 3 ReloadPersona 3 ReloadPersona 3 ReloadPersona 3 Reload
Shinjiro Aragaki (voiced by Justice Slocum in English, Kazuya Nakai in Japanese)

Persona 3 Reload
A third-year at Gekkoukan High, though he can rarely be seen at school. He was a founding member of SEES alongside Mitsuru and Akihiko. After distancing himself for about two years, a certain turn of events convinces him to rejoin the group.

While unapproachable at first glance, beneath the gruff exterior is a gentle heart and a knack for cooking. He even has a soft spot for animals, doting on Koromaru when no one is looking.

In battle, he bludgeons with weapons like axes. His unique Persona is Castor, specializing in hard-hitting physical attacks.

■ Key Art and Protagonist’s Battle Uniform Revealed

In Persona 3 Reload, all members of the Special Extracurricular Execution Squad (S.E.E.S.) now don new battle uniforms when taking on Tartarus.

Persona 3 Reload
The newly revealed key art depicts the protagonist in his new outfit alongside his Persona, Thanatos. The iconic S.E.E.S armbands have also been redesigned to match the updated battle uniform.

Persona 3 Reload

Seal your fate in Persona 3 Reload, releasing February 2, 2024!

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
$70 is a big ask. Just got P3P on Switch. So I will wait for this to come down in price.

Last edited:
I feel like they are totally going to fuck up the tone of this one. This is looking more like that Soul Hackers 2 jank than something with the polish and quality of an actual new release in the series.
Is this being made in Unity too?

Paltheos

Looks good. Better impressions than from the reveal trailer. I don't like the new battle theme though, which is kind of a disappointment. It sounds... slow? Not high-energy enough?

Meguro had been on fire for a while. "Last Surprise" and "Take Over" from P5 are good, and the... many standard battle tracks among the PQ games have been even better - "Light the Fire Up in the Night", "Pull the Trigger", and esp. "Invitation to Freedom" are all great. We'll see how the new track pans out in-game.

Hudo

I am so glad that Sega caused Atlus to be a real third-party dev and not a fucking Playstation second-party developer anymore. Their stuff deserves to be played by more people.

Hudo

What? In the last 10 years most atlus games were 3ds,switch exclusives. It was one game exclusive to Playstation.
What? The Persona games were traditionally exclusive to Playstation. So were the Digital Devil Saga games (still are), the Devil Summoner games and even SMT3 for the longest time. And yeah, the Etrian Odyssey and Devil Survivor games were (still are) exclusive to 3DS. Let's hope the next real Etrian Odyssey is multiplatform as well.

Fabieter

What? The Persona games were traditionally exclusive to Playstation. So were the Digital Devil Saga games (still are), the Devil Summoner games and even SMT3 for the longest time. And yeah, the Etrian Odyssey and Devil Survivor games were (still are) exclusive to 3DS. Let's hope the next real Etrian Odyssey is multiplatform as well.

Would also love persona q and smt v on non nintendo console.

Hudo

Would also love persona q and smt v on non nintendo console.
I still think SMT5 is gonna happen at some point. Not so sure about Persona Q. But maybe Persona Q3 (if there ever will be one, that is). In any case, I legitimately think that Sega has finally turned them around.

Killer8

I am so glad that Sega caused Atlus to be a real third-party dev and not a fucking Playstation second-party developer anymore. Their stuff deserves to be played by more people.

They didn't do it out of the good of their hearts. It would be financial stupidity to ignore the money being left on the table by not releasing on Switch. And releasing on Xbox too is a bonus I suppose for the free money Microsoft give them to put the games on Game Pass.

Fabieter

I still think SMT5 is gonna happen at some point. Not so sure about Persona Q. But maybe Persona Q3 (if there ever will be one, that is). In any case, I legitimately think that Sega has finally turned them around.

Still think nintendo is going to buy timed exclusivity for smt vi and sony for the persona , but it will be for a few months for each. Definitely not like before.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I am so stoked they are doing this. I entered the series with Persona 4 on PSP, and never played the earlier ones as they felt dated

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
They rebuild game visuals from ground up with new engine and new anime cutscenes and going new changes in story.
Basically and in this day and age thats more effort then most new developers put in new IP's

Edit: I do apologise with odd random words here and there, my phones autocorrect keeps replacing what words with other ones 🙄

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I am skeptical that there will be serious story or mechanics changes. $70 is a big ask (€80-90 in Europe).
People was willing to play full price with Demons Remake that barely any changes other then graphics, I would Persona 3 Reload has more changes compare to that game.

I am skeptical that there will be serious story or mechanics changes. $70 is a big ask (€80-90 in Europe).

Just pay for a couple of months of gamepass when it comes out. You can surely finish the game in that timeframe.

What sort of a dipshit is actually buying games at full price on day one any more?

EDMIX

Where is the link for the physical pre-order?

We trying to get that special edition lol

People was willing to play full price with Demons Remake that barely any changes other then graphics, I would Persona 3 Reload has more changes compare to that game.

I mean, to be fair...when they change a lot, you'd just complain they are not FromSoft and changed too much, I mean shit isn't just changing the graphics what you'd want in a situation like that anyway? ala if its not broke, don't fix it?

I get why some things changed for SoTC remake, I get why some things didn't with Demon Souls remake, it depends on the game and even Persona 3 having more changes also has to do with it being a PS2 game being remade and not a PS3 game being remade.

More things changed from PS2 to now then PS3 to now to compare such a thing.

So if you give Atlus the Demon Souls remake, for all you know they just change the graphics too and leave the gameplay alone

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The game needed a remake because of the amount of changes needed to be done both in level design & graphics and the fact the source code was lost.
The original voice acting won't be used either due to every character now being voiced for all dialogue, it a big change for both Persona 3 and the Series, not to mention the tartarus being completely redone
The changes being made will either put off fans or make them happy.
Also the game is £59 in the UK
don't know where you guys are getting your games from but you're being ripped off, even Red Dead Redemption was £34 and you guys was claiming $70 😂

Danjin44

I don't think they have said anything about changing the games plot or story beats.
When Reload first announced I heard they might be some story changes but I could be wrong but Atlus always bring new story element in their re-releases.
I mean, to be fair...when they change a lot, you'd just complain they are not FromSoft and changed too much, I mean shit isn't just changing the graphics what you'd want in a situation like that anyway? ala if its not broke, don't fix it?
I dont mind improvements and changes if FROM themselves was working on remake rather than Blupoint.

I'm the"dipshit" likes to play games I'm excited about day one, same way I'm gonna with Persona 3 Reload and Armored Core VI and Granblue Fantasy Relink.

P3R is going to be day one on gamepass so you won't need to buy it.

However, buying stuff on day 1 is just handing over full price to be a beta tester at this stage. Just wait the 3 months it takes for stuff to go on sale so you can get it cheaper and patched up.

Danjin44

P3R is going to be day one on gamepass so you won't need to buy it.
I dont own Xbox, I only have PS5 and Switch.
However, buying stuff on day 1 is just handing over full price to be a beta tester at this stage. Just wait the 3 months it takes for stuff to go on sale so you can get it cheaper and patched up.
I bought 99% games day one had barely any issue with it. Why should I wait when I can buy games like Armoured Core VI or Genablue Fantasy day one?

Most broken games usually comes from Bethesda or CPR or online GaaS games that I have zero interest in.

StereoVsn

I'm the"dipshit" likes to play games I'm excited about day one, same way I'm gonna with Persona 3 Reload and Armored Core VI and Granblue Fantasy Relink.
Yeah, it's really weird to be offensive to folks who would like to own games.

Now, Day 1... Not so sure, lol, but I will see if I can grab a physical copy for $50 or under down the road.

StereoVsn

The game needed a remake because of the amount of changes needed to be done both in level design & graphics and the fact the source code was lost.
The original voice acting won't be used either due to every character now being voiced for all dialogue, it a big change for both Persona 3 and the Series, not to mention the tartarus being completely redone
The changes being made will either put off fans or make them happy.
Also the game is £59 in the UK
don't know where you guys are getting your games from but you're being ripped off, even Red Dead Redemption was £34 and you guys was claiming $70 😂
In US at least it's $70, plus tax. :(

The pricing for this thing is absurd. That's $70 for the base game and an extra $20 for mostly costumes and in-game tunes. The $10 more "deluxe edition" has a worthless soundtrack and art book. This might be a good game, but it's not $90 good. I will grab it when I can get the full game (with cut out extras) for $60.

Last edited:
Top Bottom