• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Lucas Making Changes to Star Wars Saga... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Now, you’ll recall that a little bit ago, I said these should probably be best considered new 2011 versions of these films, and not the 2004 DVD versions. All the fixes and corrections alone justify this in my opinion, but there’s another reason too… and you can probably guess what it is: Once again, George has apparently added a few new “surprises” into these films. I don’t know what they are and didn’t get to see any of them on Friday, but I was assured that there will be “new things to notice” when we watch the films.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/starwarsbds/preview.html

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
oh joy. Now we get to see Hayden Christenson in makeup when luke unmasks vader!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hayden Christensen to redo the voice work for Darth Vader?

2th

Banned
and the raping continues
southparkindie.jpg

seriously why do we let him get away with this crap?

Edit: Apparently people have never heard of a rhetorical question.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It sounds like all of these changes will be for the better. Let's hope Han shoots first again and Hayden is no longer Vader's force ghost at the end of RotJ.

Big Chungus

There needs to be a Jar Jar death scene at the end of Episode 3.

Anakin: Jar Jar, i've had enough of yoUR SHIT!
Jar Jar: Ani! Meesa not the bad guy!

FLEABttn

Banned
It'd be really cool if there was some guy in Russia or China with 35mm prints of the original trilogy, a telecine machine, the inability to give a fuck, and fast internet access.

I don't condone piracy but the way Lucas has treated these movies is embarrassing.

FunBoy

Never he'll just release something new which masses of people will throw there money at only to be tricked again! :D

Angry Fork

2th said:
and the raping continues
southparkindie.jpg

oh my god. He's licking Indy's chest/nipple, I didn't even notice that the first time I saw it. rofl ugh.

Nizz

I think some of those changes are for the better. There's rumors of the CGI Yoda replacing the bad puppet in Episode 1. I can't see how anyone would prefer the puppet. The CG Yoda would better match Episode 2 and 3 Yoda.

From that article, they seem like they're correcting a lot of little nagging mistakes throughout the films. Like the lightsabers, their colors throughout Episodes 4-6 were off. The color timing varied in those movies. Now it looks like they'll be consistent throughout.

B.K.

The street date is the middle of next month, right? I wonder if any sets will leak out before then. I really want to know what they're changing this time.

2th said:
and the raping continues
http://www.cclapcenter.com/archives/southparkindie.jpg[img]

seriously why do we let him get away with this crap?[/QUOTE]

Because short of not buying the movies, there's not much you can do about it. They belong to him, he can do what he wants with them.

Angry Fork

Stealth Editor said:
Nothing forces you to watch or buy this new crap. Stop your whining.
Lucas discontinues older versions so people are forced to get the new ones if they want better restoration or image quality. The only alternative to watching the original Star Wars is either finding a VHS version or getting it online, but people want to see the originals restored to Blu Ray quality, not with all the extra CGI fluff.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
FairyD said:
Just remake the films George..
you've just discovered how we can save star wars.

if we encourage him to totally remake the originals with a cast, tone and level of mastery that more aptly reflects everything he so dearly loved about the 99-05 films, episodes 1-3 can be re-classified as the first three episodes in the "new" standalone saga, leaving the originals unmolested and ready for the day after lucas drinks his last double mocha latte.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
jooey said:
because... it... he... owns it?

The most sensible post in this thread.

According to the Digital Bits article, the Blu-ray version of the SW films is a huge improvement audio and video wise compared to the 2004 DVDs. Which is more than can be said for the Blu-ray releases of Back to the Future, Lord of the Rings and The Big Lebowski.

B.K.

DoctorWho said:
These are pre-3D editions. I can't imagine what kind of shit he's going to change for those.

IF they finish the 3D versions. Lucasfilm has said that how Episode I 3D performs at the boxoffice will be the deciding factor on whether to continue with the rest of the series or not.

Angry Fork

jmdajr said:
I just hope the day George is gone, someone makes a really good Episode 7,8,9
I'd love to see this, I have to admit though that even if Lucas was involved I'd still watch them, it's Star Wars after all. I may not support it in theaters on day one but I'd see them down the line. I'd definitely love to see a real high quality new Star Wars film again though, in IMAX without 3D.

FLEABttn said:
It'd be really cool if there was some guy in Russia or China with 35mm prints of the original trilogy, a telecine machine, the inability to give a fuck, and fast internet access.

I don't condone piracy but the way Lucas has treated these movies is embarrassing.
This a 100%.

I've got the 90's VHS versions which are thankfully absent of Lucus' (fat hack version) taint.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
2th said:
and the raping continues
[ig]http://www.cclapcenter.com/archives/southparkindie.jpg[/img]

Maybe, because he made them?

B.K. said:
IF they finish the 3D versions. Lucasfilm has said that how Episode I 3D performs at the boxoffice will be the deciding factor on whether to continue with the rest of the series or not.
Wait what? Episode I 3D? What the fuck?

George Lucas is a sad little man with an embarrassing hard on for CGI. Either all his early successes were flukes (or more likely the result of surrounding himself with more talented people), or middle age has been infinitely cruel, changing him from a young visionary into the biggest sellout whore in the history of cinema.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
thezerofire said:
Wait what? Episode I 3D? What the fuck?

Due next year in theaters.

It will be gigantic. People who were kids in 1999 are just old enough to be hitting childhood nostalgia mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom