• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online (Wii/WiiU, 2012) [Sub Fee Confirmed]

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wii U version in development! Wii U version will be "powered up" and look better. Contents are the same and players of both versions will be able to play in the same world.

Some StreetPass features for 3DS owners, too!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
wrowa said:
Eh, pretty much the same could have been said about Xenoblade. And look how that turned out.
I don't know anything about Xenoblade. I don't know the game structure or design or what combat is like.

But it doesn't have "Online" in the title.

_Xenon_ said:
So is this a MMO? Or still a SP RPG with quite heavy online elements like DQ9?
it's an mmo, you can play it alone but it will still be an online structure, except they'll tack on npc's to roll with you.

A decent maiden voyage.
We'll see how it shapes up over its dev cycle.
Still have a long way to go before we even sniff a release, I think.

Salih

14:46: The staff is working to make DQX graphically superior on Wii U. The Wii and Wii U versions will be played in the same world, though -- they will be crossplatform.

14:45: They just announced Dragon Quest X for Wii U!

HOLY FU**

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm...if there is a WiiU version, I hope to high hell it looks much goddamn better.

I just don't see them putting the resources into making two different versions though. Wouldn't make a lot of sense financially. It WOULD make more sense to release it for the WiiU...and make it not such an eye sore.

Comparing this to Xenoblade? LOL

Xenoblade doesn't have dozens of other people running around with their names hovering above their head.

Salih said:
14:46: The staff is working to make DQX graphically superior on Wii U. The Wii and Wii U versions will be played in the same world, though -- they will be crossplatform.

14:45: They just announced Dragon Quest X for Wii U!

HOLY FU**

Seconded. Holy eff.

Top Bottom