• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online (Wii/WiiU, 2012) [Sub Fee Confirmed]

mutsu

Wii and Wii U version sharing the same world, but Wii U will have powered up graphics!

3DS - can bring your character with you for StreePass features!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
DQX beta test will be held. Registration begins at the official site after the conference ends.

Mandoric

Banned
Wii/Wii U multiplat, both platforms play together, Wii U graphics upgrade, Streetpass app for 3DS

Apply for beta online, you will need USB storage.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
wrowa said:
It's just the best JRPG in a very, very long time.

Single-player + MMO-style can absolutely work well together.
It is NOT like Xenoblade. This CLEARLY isn't being designed for a single-player only experience.

Seda

"Next Hori announces a bit of possible 3DS compatibility. They're thinking about something where you can transfer your character to your 3DS for Spot Pass transfers with other players."

Thoraxes

No not BC, it actually seems that they are making a separate WiiU version of it that will work with the other versions of the game. Similar to how you can play FFXI on the PS2 and 360.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
14:46: Next Hori announces a bit of possible 3DS compatibility. They're thinking about something where you can transfer your character to your 3DS for Spot Pass transfers with other players.

Interesting.

Aeana said:
I'm still processing this.
... I don't know what's going on anymore.

Like Boney, I'm just happy you're still alive.

Hey, my predictions were almost all correct! Including the part about people saying it looked worse than IX.

I think it looks kind of weird, but maybe it'll come together.

Oh hey, Iwata.

jett

D-Member
Y2Kev said:
I think saying you can log out and play by yourself are sort of missing the point. This is very clearly a PSO-style game. The other party members would be AI and you'd have the structure of an online game.

That doesn't mean you can't have a lot of story and such (FFXI has a grand story). But to suggest this you could play it like DQ8 seems, to me, very misleading. This is an online RPG.

I don't understand or like what Horii is doing to the series. The MAIN thing I like about Dragon Quest is how old school it feels.

Top Bottom