• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online (Wii/WiiU, 2012) [Sub Fee Confirmed]

iwata.jpg

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
mutsu said:
3DS - can bring your character with you for StreePass features!
Awwwww, yeah. For vain people like me this will be a great way to show off my decked out main character.

thefro

Somnid said:
I'm not seeing the point. Releasing an online game on Wii is obviously not the first choice but whatever I think it's doable. The problem is the release date, Wii U is looking like a mid-2012 release right now so how do they expect to build a userbase on Wii and last more than a few months? I sure hope they have a plan to port this otherwise I have the feeling it will not go over very well at all. DQX as a platform is probably a better proposition than DQX the Wii game.

Wii DQ X players can play WiiU DQ X players and vice-versa, from the sounds of it.

Soulstar

Somnid said:
I'm not seeing the point. Releasing an online game on Wii is obviously not the first choice but whatever I think it's doable. The problem is the release date, Wii U is looking like a mid-2012 release right now so how do they expect to build a userbase on Wii and last more than a few months? I sure hope they have a plan to port this otherwise I have the feeling it will not go over very well at all. DQX as a platform is probably a better proposition than DQX the Wii game.

Did you fall asleep when they announced a wii u version

Somnid said:
They already announced it as a WiiU launch title, as well, with crossplay.

Takao said:
Now, I really hope MH doesn't go on 3DS, lol.

That list is coming true. MH tri g portable freedom 3rd for 3DS. Other things that don't matter. And bayonetta 2. And bayonetta 2. And bayonetta 2.

Wii U announcement is kinda cool if the system gets a competent online system. Assuming it's early in the life cycle too.

LaneDS

Wii U version is a welcome surprise. By the time the Wii version might make it stateside the Wii is going to be dead and buried, so Wii U answers that.

Boney

Banned
Linkzg said:
That list is coming true. MH tri g portable freedom 3rd for 3DS. Other things that don't matter. And bayonetta 2. And bayonetta 2. And bayonetta 2.

Wii U announcement is kinda cool if the system gets a competent online system. Assuming it's early in the life cycle too.
4 warriors of light 2 bitch!!!

Wow, just wow.

I won't be able to sleep now, this is just too awesome.

So now it seems 3DS has Dragon Quest, Pokémon and Monster Hunter, shit.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm...I still hope the WiiU is a greatly enhanced port.

I don't recall a huge difference in graphics between Wii Zelda and GC Zelda. And I did think that was a bad move too. Should've released it on one system.

UNLESS, they announced ONE version you could play on both Wii and WiiU (maybe have an upgraded mode on the WiiU???) Release two different versions = ehhhhhh

Top Bottom