• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia Ships 500,000 Out the Gate (Update: 525k sold in the first week)

andriasang
Tales of Xillia has crossed the 500,000 mark in shipments, Namco Bandai announced today. The game was released just yesterday.

Word of the game's success already came ahead of release. Two weeks ago, producer Makoto Yoshizumi revealed that the game had become the most pre-ordered Tales game ever. (See this story).

Anecdotally, retailers have been reporting strong early sales, with many even claiming sellouts.

In its statement announcing the shipment figure today, Namco Bandai attributed the success in part to expectations due to this being the series' 15th anniversary, and to the variety of collaborations it held with the likes of Ayumi Hamasaki and Namco Namja Town.

Namco Bandai Targets 400,000 for Tales of Xillia

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Omg, that's a lot of units sold for the initial launch. Way more than Deus Ex. What the heck...

Kyoufu

It only took Namco 5 years and two successful ports to figure out they should make an original Tales game for PS3.

Jonnyram

Kyoufu said:
It only took Namco 5 years and two successful ports to figure out they should make an original Tales game for PS3.
I'm still gonna wait for the Director's cut. Not gonna be fooled again.

Kyoufu

Jonnyram said:
I'm still gonna wait for the Director's cut. Not gonna be fooled again.

I'm not even going to pay 100 dollars or however much it costs for this game until a fucking Director's Cut.

Saying that, I'm happy to buy FF games on release and then double dip on International editions a year later.

500K !?

OMG I knew it I just knew that ToX is going to mark a new start and beginning for the series to be BIGGER that before :D

Now I really feel that they are going to try to bring this to the west more than before with all this success :D

Erethian

The Praiseworthy said:
500K !?

OMG I knew it I just knew that ToX is going to mark a new start and beginning for the series to be BIGGER that before :D

Now I really feel that they are going to try to bring this to the west more than before with all this success :D

Much like how the success of Tales of Destiny 2 prompted them to bring more games in the series to the West.

Coxy

so many people said "only 5 ps3 games sold over 500k LTD there's no way it'll do that much" heh

Onaji toki wo kizande
Onaji mirai shinjiteru futari
Kinou no namida mo kyou no
Egao wo shinjitsu no mama

Onaji itami wo shitte
Onaji yasashisa mochi yotta
Ashita wo ikite yukeru
Tsuyosa ni kaete iku kara

woooaooh wooaoooh woooaooh.... woooooh woooooh yeaaaaaah !!!!

Sorry guys but I'm just very happy for this news :p

finally a big Tales game sells THAT GOOD again in japan after long years.

This series deserve all these gamers to buy it and play it and enjoy it.

Seik

Banned
I hope it'll come to North America, these numbers are quite impressive.

The fact that Reggie is not involved gives me hope! :D

Bebpo

Banned
As much as that's cool and all. This is NB who is notorious for overshipping big titles which then end up in the bargain bins. I hope it sells that much first week because Tales is awesome, but could go either way.

Lucis said:
mine will be here in 11 hours
I doubt there will be another version this time

hahahaha hohoohohoh hahahahaha

haha

Look, every game these days gets DLC add-ons or DC versions or GoTY versions eventually. I just ignore it all. I buy a game I want when it comes out, enjoy it for what it is, and then never look back. They can add a million things but no way I'm replaying an entire rpg again just for new material. Later versions are irrelevant to my interests.

thuway

HD RPGs sell on Sony consoles, who would have thought.

Hopefully next-generation Sony will price hardware in the realm of sanity, developer's will utilize transfarring with multiplayer options, and JRPG's will make that comeback.

wrowa

Why?

Only because it was released on the PS3? Or is their something special about this game? I haven't read much about it, but I always thought that the trailers looked kinda meh.

wrowa said:
Why?

Only because it was released on the PS3? Or is their something special about this game? I haven't read much about it, but I always thought that the trailers looked kinda meh.

Well it has been reviewing extremely well, but you know how it is with Famitsu...

Top Bottom