• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia announced for EU [and the US]

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
As said via stream.

https://twitter.com/TalesofU/status/221237444614426624

We are very pleased to announce TALES OF XILLIA is coming to the west!

Namco Bandai Games Europe announces TALES OF XILLIA™ on Playstation®3

July 6, 2012

The latest Tales of title makes its way to EMEA and Australasia in 2013

From the Japan Expo event, NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S. today announced that it will be bringing Tales of Xillia™ brand to EMEA and Australasia exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. The latest in the acclaimed Tales of Japanese role-playing game franchise, Tales of Xillia lets players enter the world of Rieze Maxia in a tale of unwavering convictions. Tales of Xillia will be available across EMEA and Australasia in 2013.

“The recent success for last autumn’s release of Tales of the Abyss™ and the anticipated release of Tales of Graces™ f and its exclusive European Edition has helped make localizing Tales of Xillia for the western market one of the easiest decisions we have ever made,” said Olivier Comte, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Sales and Publishing for NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S. “The latest game in this prolific series gives gamers a brand new world and cast of characters to adventure with along with its celebrated battle system that has yet to be rivaled by other Japanese RPGs.”

Tales of Xillia follows Jude Mathis, a clever medical student attending school in the capital city, and Milla Maxwell, a mysterious woman accompanied by four unseen beings. Players will be able to choose either Milla or Jude at the outset of their adventure through the world of Rieze Maxia, where humans and spirits live together in harmony. The kingdom of Rashugal has been experimenting with a powerful device that has been draining the mana from the world. Realizing the harm it is inflicting on the world, Milla and Jude set off on a journey to destroy it and restore the mana back to the world. Over the course of the game their lives will intersect with a vast ensemble of characters that will teach them the strength of unwavering convictions and they are accompanied with the responsibilities it entails.

Players will engage enemies with the critically acclaimed Linear Motion Battle System that the Tales of series is famous for. The system allows for real-time movement and attacks, giving the player a more tactical role in the midst of fights. The battle system in Tales of Xillia has been upgraded to Double Raid Linear Motion Battle System to let two characters combine their attacks to utilize devastating dual-character attack, letting fans strategize the best party setup for their style of play.

For more information on Tales of Xillia and the Tales of series, please visit: http://facebook.com/tales

Aeana

I'm genuinely surprised. I'm replaying it in Japanese right now, so it was probably because of me that it got announced.
You're welcome.

Torraz

I should probably replay xillia. Played Milla's side but still need Jude's...

There was this possible directors cut, did that turn into xillia 2? Not sure if I should replay the game.

BY2K

Membero Americo
They also said "if sales are good, there's good chances Tales of Xillia 2 will come to Europe as well."

Top Bottom